1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Attractions and other places to see in LA.

Discussion in 'Indians in Los Angeles' started by gems7882, Aug 15, 2007.

1. gems7882

gems7882 New IL'ite

hey there,
    iam new to LA and i have my brother in law and bhabhi coming to LA to visit us... what are the places we can take them other than universal studios... kindly help please..... any place u visited and suggest that i can take them there..... please temme places nearby as they r coming just for 4 days...
    kindly help...
    byee

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Hi Gem

IF they are interested,you can take them to Disneyland-Anaheim,Sandiego Zoo,Legoland,Sea world.Those are the only ones that are coming to my mind now.

3. gems7882

gems7882 New IL'ite

Thanx a lot sunita...
    but i was thinking of a bit better places... legoland is for kids naa? clarify if iam wrong.. do temme more...i cant go to sandiego... looking for something in LA itself....like maybe so scenic places and stuff...

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

You are right,Gem,most places I mentioned are mainly for families with kids.I really do not know about any other places.Maybe,others in LA might be of more help to you.

5. gems7882

gems7882 New IL'ite

:mrgreen:

Anyways thanx sunita it was sweet of u to reply back...
    iam looking at the beaches, 3rd street promonade...walk of fame and universal.... n maybe even the hollywood sign... as they coming here for the first time.....u see?:2thumbsup:

6. shrinithie

shrinithie New IL'ite

Hi Gem,

If they are interested in museum, you can take them to Getty center. This is their website -The J. Paul Getty Museum
    We took our in-laws there and they truly enjoyed it. It has lots of sculptures, photos, paintings, arts collections and architectural settings, and garden.. it was interesting.

You can also take them to Downtown los angeles for low price shopping. There are different districts within downtown like Fashion District, Jwellery district, Toy district, China district etc.... You an get details here -Downtown LA Walks :: Popular Routes: Shopping
    Disney land is entertaining even for adults. You can definitely include that also. Hope this is of some help to you in planning.

7. gems7882

gems7882 New IL'ite

thanx a lot....:2thumbsup:

8. anu9

anu9 New IL'ite

i would like to include few more places which i have seen here. it includes

Malibu temple

Santa Monica beach and dana point (these two we really liked a lot compared to other)

one day u can take them to the boomers park(its a chain park) meant for kids so u can surf ur nearest one.

Love,
    Anu

9. gems7882

gems7882 New IL'ite

thanx anu.. where is dana point?
    can u give me the correct location?