Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

Re: Who Am I?

Hi,

I am a working mother from Chennai

2. 16011961

16011961 New IL'ite

Hello Everybody,
    This is Nandini here. I am from Bangalore. A lady who is in her mid forties. I am an advocate by profession. I am working with a Mumbai based company as a legal consultant. My family consists of my husband, my two sons, my parents in law, my brother in law and his wife and my mother.One of my sons is in the second year of Engineering and the younger one is in XI standard. My husband is a Mechanical Engineer running a machine shop. I am proud to be the member of this community.
    Nandini

3. hiyogs

hiyogs New IL'ite

Dear All,

I am Yogesh. Age:26, Education: M.Tech (Environmental), Place: Mumbai

Working In Reliance

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Re: preeti

Welcome to IL Preeti - I see that you are put up in Dubai. There is a sub forum dedicated to Indians in UAE. It may be a good idea for you to browse that forum and connect with ladies in your area. As you can see, the key to IL is to participate - so, pick a thread that you have read that interest you and post your comments. Once again, welcome to IL

Shobana
    Your friendly neighborhood greeter :mrgreen:

5. sonalidalvi

sonalidalvi New IL'ite

Re: A New Comer to IndusLadies ? - Tips for you.

hi every one
    About who am I....I'm a married woman 33 yrs of age with 2 loving adorable daughters and only Lovable Husband:) .... presently residing in US...born n broughtup at Baroda-Gujarat...I'm an Architect but presently a housewife but very soon jump into my profession.

My basic interest apart frm architecture is cooking,making cards can be painted,quilled....emailing,reading short informative articles:) .

Thanks to Kavya for the site.
    ciao
    sonali

6. rashmigirish

rashmigirish New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am Rashmi Girish 26yr old, recently got married on June 18th 2007 from Bangalore, currently residing in Canada for a short term, i have done MCA and was working.
    I like to travel, sketching and play shuttle..
    I love chocolates and icecreams..

I found this site while browsing and found it nice, i am glad to be a member of this group.. also found interesting information. Thankyou.

Regards,
    Rashmi:-D

7. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Welcome ladies and gentleman to IL - we are glad you have found us either accidently or intentionally. . There are a lot of areas that everyone can participate - so please feel free to pen a few words in a forum that interest you.

Rashmi - I see that you like to play shuttle. I used to play shuttle in college - used to represent my college (a long, long time ago!!). Now we only play for fun in our back yard but it is not the same

Shobana:mrgreen:

8. padmininatarajan

padmininatarajan New IL'ite

I work as a part-time Language Editor and Writer with an E-education organization, EZVidya with its portal EZVidya.com that targets Teachers, Students and Parents. The organization partners WIPRO in a special programme called TEP or Teacher Empowerment Programme that aims to bring about a paradigm shift in teacher's attitudes and approach to education in schools. I am writing content for web sites and the print media.

I studied in Church Park Convent, Chennai and completed my BA and MA in English literature at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">Sofia</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">College</st1:placeName>, Mumbai and worked as a lecturer in the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Bombay</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">University</st1:placeType></st1:place>. I moved to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Mauritius</st1:place></st1:country-region> after marriage. After fulfilling a full time homemaker's role for 10 years, and engaging in social activity in various forums, I returned to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region>. I have pursued social, histrionic and literary interests all along. I write poems, short stories and other pieces for Eve's touch, Discover <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region>, Harmony, Madras Musings, Madras Plus (Economic Times), Ability, The Hindu, Woman’s Era, Sulekha.com, Sita Gita.com, Zine5.com and other Internet sites.

I am a voracious reader. I have also acted in small cameo roles in TV serials and Mani Ratnam's and Director Shankar’s movies. I was a volunteer with Sneha, suicide prevention NGO and Cancer Support group. I am an avid puzzle solver and have won several cross-word competitions. I have travelled all over Europe, <st1:country-region w:st="on">UK</st1:country-region> and some parts of the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">USA</st1:place></st1:country-region>.

I have been involved with Women's organizations such as International Alliance of Women and IWA. I am a founder member of a highly popular all Women drama group, Mahalakshmi Ladies Drama Group, that has staged a Tamil play a year in the past 17 years dealing with social problems of women. The women in the group don both gender roles. I have acted in Madras Players productions as well. I am also part of Shaankari a bhajan group.

I teach Vedic Heritage at Kalavardini to children from the ages of 3 to 14. I teach children slokas, play games with a religious slant to it and make our heritage stories by acting it out to them. I also write and direct plays based on Puranas for them. My passion is reaching out to people.

I had a brief stint telling stories for kids on a new Tamizh channel Chutti TV launched by Sun TV called PAtti Sonna Kadai..

I love visiting temples and hope to take you all to places that are really out of the beaten track in the months to come.

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

vow padmini,
    welcome to indus, and i feel so proud to be among woman like you, who with varied interest, looking forward to your contributions here, regards sunkan

10. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

hi
    Iam jaishree .Married . Have two kids .Reside in rajasthan India.
    By profession iam a doctor ( PHyscian ). Love reading ,cooking watching TV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.