Discuss around OMR

Discussion in 'Housing' started by sugan2008, Feb 26, 2008.

1. nithyaswam

nithyaswam New IL'ite

Ten Square at OMR- Water question

Hi:

I am a newbie here and joined only today. My relations in madras have shown me a floor plan proposed by Ten Square realtors.
    This property is right on OMR.

On my request, my relations measured the water at Tensquare and the water test results show high TDS (Total dissolved solids) at a rate of 2000 to 2400. (In other words the water is very salty)

This makes this water not suitable for drinking and even for house hold methods. I was told that we can use reverse osmosis and other suitable water methods to bring down this TDS. Is that correct.. will it be possible to do that?

My question woudl be -- do you have this kind of water problems outside the city. What did people do to make the water drinkable. is it worth buying this property. Also is the water so salty all over OMR or is it localized only at this property. Any guidance woudl be very helpful.
    thanks
    Nithya

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2009
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Ten Square at OMR- Water question

Nitya,

Welcome to il. do take your time to understand the forum etiquettes and guidelines.

Regarding water, in today's scenario, water is a very precious commodity and that too in south chennai. the areas you are talking of DO NOT HAVE POTABLE water. though RO works, the continous success is not proved
    some do have efficient RO treatments, where the cost of the water that you get goes high, in other sense maintenance is high.
    Many projects along omr, and south chennai do buy water for their construction purposes too.

You buy drinking water in cans. if the project comes in the city limits, you may get a metro water connection. since corporation limits are yet to be extended to semmenechery it is your call.

the water being salty is fine. there is an area around the marshes where the water color is almost brown with contamination.

3. nithyaswam

nithyaswam New IL'ite

Shanthi:

Thank you so much for your reply. I will be careful about etiquettes here. We have now decided not to go with Ten Square but instead with Purvankara Cosmo city. It is within our budget and also the water test was excellent for Cosmo City. I appreciate your reply.

Nithya

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

nitya,

Just out of curiosity how much was the quote for ten square.

which lab is testing. are you doing it through the branded ones??

Have you finalised provident cosmo. it is a budget project, as swanlake could not take shape as wanted and windmiere did not happen.

5. nithyaswam

nithyaswam New IL'ite

Shanthi:

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure where my relations tested the water. But they did test at 2 different places to make sure the results were the same and yes they were almost the same with minor differences. We know some friends who work for two different water quality companies and they helped us test the water. Also lot of friends/relatives advised me against buying ten square when you know that the water quality is not good. They advised that it was not worth the purchase even though the layout and area space was good. I think i was quoted Rs. 2650 for the Ten square property.

As for Cosmo city, yes we were aware of the problems plaquing SwanLake and Windenmere. My relations in Bangalore live in Puvankara designed flats and they vouch for the quality of the flats. They are happy. My mother saw the layout of cosmo city and she said it is good even though they dont have balconies and closed car parking.

Basically t his may serve as a investment purchase and later to a residental stay if we move to India- Chennai. If we move to other places in India, we might sell it later. Also it is affordable within our reach.

You can go to Aquaguard and ask them to test your water. That is one of the places I got the water tested.

Hope this information provides answers to your queries.
    Nithya

6. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

Anyone booked in Dugar GoldenCity in OMR

Hi All,

Wanted to know if anyone has booked in Dugar's GoldenCity project in OMR.
    They are quoting 2300/- per sq ft.
    This is on OMR, 6 kms from Kelambakkam junction.

Please chime in if anyone has any idea.

Shanvy, what do you think about the price?

Cheers!
    -Anusha

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Anyone booked in Dugar GoldenCity in OMR

anusha,

When the project came in it was at 1950 for the first 100 and then 2150 and it was in 05/06/2008. there was a 4 page pull out with Oh!mr.

My take, it is almost 30kms from madya kailash. will IT people be interested to rent out from so far off. it is again very much near to the cee dee yes chennai pattinam project.

Even if it was to be rented, all the available rental space before this project should be filled for people to check these.

The other option being, college students, with so many colleges in the area.

Since i assume you are looking at renting it, i talked about the options that are available.

aren't the bedrooms smaller in size. but you can still negotiate for 2100.. since the project is not completed and could take atleast a year for completeion?

8. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Thanks for your reply.
    You are right about the renting option for Dugar.
    Sunday, I personally went and checked the place. This project is in Tiruporur which is a town .
    And, the rate per sq ft for rent is abour Rs.5 i guess. So, I might fetch a rent of 2500 - 3000 max for a single BHK as against the overall cost of 10.5 lakhs(keeping in mind 2150 is the price per sq ft.)
    So, I dropped the idea of going w/ this project.

What are your thoughts on Sriperumbatur?
    This project - Detroit which they are announcing everywhere? The quote is close to 500. And, min area one should invest is about 1500 it seems.

Do let me know.
    Cheers!
    -Anusha

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

anusha,

getting a rental income to justify a investment is not possible.

sorry, i have not been so comfortable with this detroit project people, nothing personal, but gut feel. so can't talk much on it.

moreover with the cancellation of the airport at sriperumbudur, the charm of these projects reduces more.

if you are looking at land, maybe i could help you out, as me and dh dropped out one very reasonable, because we are planning to buy a flat. how do i get details to you..:idea. maybe one of our mutual contacts has my id/phone..check out..

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  10. gsk

gsk New IL'ite

furnished appartment in thoraipakkam

Hi,

I am looking for an appartment in Thoraipakkam.If it is furnished that would be fine.Any suggestions?