1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Shopping stuffs from US to India

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Nittu, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Nittu

Nittu Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends
    Me and my husband are moving back to india ,in a month. Kindly tell me what i can buy from US ,that may not be available or expensive in india. Feel free to discuss,:)
    Thank you all in advance.:thumbsup

2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

3. Nittu

Nittu Senior IL'ite

4. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

hi nittu,
    now a days most of the items are available in india.but i did not see shelf liners. its very useful and easy to clean.
    another thing is cockoo clock:). one of my friend bought it and took it from here. if you need any info click on this:
    Cuckoo Clock shop for original black forest Cuckoo Clocks

goodluck
    -vijaya

5. Nittu

Nittu Senior IL'ite

Hi Naara
    Good that you reminded me about shelf liners,:)
    Cuckoo clocks are looking different n nice.

6. redapple

redapple Senior IL'ite

Can you please throw light about this shelf liners...last time I read about this and tried to purchase in walmart but since I don't know exactly what it is and how does it look like I end up buying some thing else(the one I bought is to keep the glass cup in the shelf so that they don't slip when it is wet.)

Any other picture or explanation would be really useful for me...

Thanks

7. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

redapple,
    shefliners are usually just flat pieces of glossy, durable paper with a peel-off, sticky backing. Shelf liners might also be made of plastic, and might come in sheets or on a roll. You can cut them to the size you need, peel off the back, and stick them to the shelves. It is a good idea to thoroughly clean the shelves beforehand, removing any dirt or crumbs that could show up under the paper and ensuring that the paper will adhere well. Once the paper is placed on the shelf, you can smooth out any bubbles with a soft cloth or brush.

Shelf liners are convenient because they can be cut and customized to fit your exact cabinet space. If you are renting somewhere, you can purchase shelf liners in non-adhesive forms. These are easier to clean because they can be pulled out of the cabinets and washed. Keep in mind that adhesive shelf liners can be difficult to remove, and should probably not be placed in cabinets you do not own.

source:What Are Shelf Liners?

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--google_ad_client = "pub-8290526608142878";google_alternate_ad_url = "http://www.wisegeek.com/google_adsense_script.html";google_ad_width = 728;google_ad_height = 15;google_ad_format = "728x15_0ads_al";google_ad_channel = "291+5747993441+6272292905+2551215746";google_color_border = "CCCCCC";google_color_bg = "CCCCCC";google_color_link = "000080";google_color_text = "000000";google_color_url = "999999";//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/render_ads.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT>

8. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

redapple,
    i bought Non Adhesive shelfliners from walmart. adhesive liners are also available. somebody told me clear ribbed shelfliners are very useful for utensil drawers because they are 5times thicker than smilar products. but i never try those ones.
    non adhesive liners:
    [​IMG]

adhesive liners:(sticky one)
    [​IMG]
    clear ribbed liners

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var addthis_config = { services_expanded : 'email, print, facebook, myspace, twitter, digg, favorites, stumbleupon, live, google, delicious, gmail' }</SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#pub=tcsaddthis"></SCRIPT><!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->

<!-- AddThis Button END -->
    [​IMG]

hope it helps you:)
    <IFRAME style="Z-INDEX: 100000; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 1px; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=_atssh height=1 src="//s7.addthis.com/static/r07/sh11.html#swfp=0&du=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.indusladies.com%2Fforums%2Fus-shopping-coupons-deals%2F86373-shopping-stuffs-from-us-india.html%23post1076908&vr=250" width=1 name=_atssh frameborder="0"></IFRAME>

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  9. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

the above items are available at walmart, homedepot, lowes etc

10. Nittu

Nittu Senior IL'ite

Great pictures!!! Thank u Naara...