Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Re: Who Am I?

Dear Meher,
    I look forward to your posts in IL. It will be interesting to read what a certified psychologist/counsellor/Reiki practitioner with 70+ years of walking on this earth behind her has to say.

I am impressed by your drive and zeal for trying new things

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2007
  2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Meher - I am truly impressed and humbled by your zeal to do so many things. I am sure your perspective on life will be well appreciated in this forum. I look forward to seeing many, many posts from you. Welcome to IL.

Shobana

3. kchand

kchand New IL'ite

I was educated in India and the UK. Iam married to a Doctor and presently working in London.
    Iwould love to make contacts with someone in the business world to get some tips on starting a business.
    Ilove acting and dancing.
    :wave

4. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I am Vijaya Prakash, and wish to be known in Indusladies by my handle twinsmom. Am a paalakkaattan mami married to a kannadiga mama... mother of twin sons who have just started working...both are engineers.
    Am in my forties...though at times I feel as young as a three year old and at others as old as Methuselah... Am presently in Sharjah, UAE.
    I belong to Trichur and have lived in Kannoor, Trichur, Palghat and Trivandrum. Marriage transplanted me to Bokaro where my in law were...and soon I joined my better half ( he still is) in Baghdad, Iraq. we returned to India, had our twins lived in Korba and Bhilai before joining my in laws in Bhadravathi, the head quarters of V V Aiyer family into which I had been wedded. After 8 years, I landed in the UAE.
    Had a 7 year stint as a teacher of English....Oops!I forgot...I have a masters in English... quit job last year...
    I love reading and obviously, writing... Started blogging last year... Met Sunkan... and here I am... I am the one she calls Viju...
    I am a crossword and sudoku freak....love puzzles, jokes and the rubik's cube, quizzes and Tintins and Asterixes...
    My husband doesn't read... but doesn't mind my reading... My kids...they are just terrific.... they do all that I do.... we have terrifc times together...
    Am lucky I guess... and blessed.
    I am deeply religious... but a very broadminded Hindu. Am very patriotic in a personal way.
    I hope I have the strength to carry on for a long time in Indusladies...cos my greatest weakness is my inconsistancy!

5. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Welcome kchand, twinsmom to IL - am so glad to see new members join this forum everyday. twinsmom, I see that you are a Sudoku freak - me too! There is a discussion in the "snippets of life" on "Hooked on Sudoku" - we would love your input on that thread. Check it out.

Again welcome!!

Shobana
    Your friendly neighborhood greeter :mrgreen:

6. shanthiulhas

shanthiulhas New IL'ite

Dear Meher
    i am shanthi ulhas i have joined dis site a lil erlier dan u bt nt confident tru d procedure ,it was simply trillin to know about u hats off to u yung lady ,i defenetly wud like to hav a frend lik u to inspire us d yung ones by age bt older to u in r actions .
    Take charge until d nxt tym v write to each other :2thumbsup:
    shanthi ulhas

7. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hallo Meher

I am very much impressed to read about your achievements in your seventies. Hats off for you. You are really a great woman. I am 55 and have
    three gronwup daughters well settled in life.

I have a 9 year old golden retriever dog at home - a very nice and kind dog. Unfotunately our cat Melissa, 17 years died on 9th March and it was very painful.

I am looking forward to hear about your experiences in life. Keep writing to this forum.

Nirmala [​IMG]

8. kchand

kchand New IL'ite

Hi Meher,
    I am very much impressed with your achievements and hope you will continue to achieve more. I would love to comunicate with you about the work you are doing now.
    Love
    Kim
    :wave

9. leenasher

leenasher New IL'ite

:mrgreen: Hi everyone!

Am Leena. Being in Dubai all my life...am here with my family. We have two sons, 10 and 15, both studying in a boarding school in India. Would be great to meet up with other Indian women in Dubai...we all miss home, the warm family feeling, our colorful festivals and music, dance! At the same time, we know we are here for our own reasons..hence this forum!

Would be great to hear back from anyone of you!

10. yana25

yana25 New IL'ite

Hello to all IndusLadies!!!
    My name is Yojana. I am from Bangalore in India, currently residing in the US with my Husband In Portland city in the the state of Oregon.. I got married in Dec'06 and came over to the US only in march this year.. I am an engineer by qualification but on a dependent visa right now, so am at home !!! Great to find this site to get my questions answered and to get more information from others about life in the US ... :2thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.