1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Need Oxygen Concentrator

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Aby4398, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Aby4398

Aby4398 New IL'ite

Dear All,

I need an oxygen concentrator for my 13 yr old daughter who is affecting by Cystic Fibrosis. Now the doctors are advised to take oxygen in home. As I am a middle class family, i need a second hand machine. If any one have please help me.

2. Ronaldo10

Ronaldo10 New IL'ite

You can try in Ebay or other online shopping site. Choose that
    product who has free drop shipping. Choose the product that go with your
    budget. If still you cannot a cheap product, try to search in your locality.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  3. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

There are various types of these available. What is the capacity? A thirteen year old is unlikely to need more than 5 litres/minute. Unfortunately such a machine costs nearly Rs.50,000 new. I am looking for sources for a second hand machine. If I locate one I shall post again.

1. One source:
    Life Science Technologies
    C-1, GK Flats,No 8/31. West sivan Kovil Street, Vadapalani, (Behind Kamala Theatre), Chennai 600026, Tamil Nadu
    p: 9381950006

2. This claims to sell refurbished oxygen concentrators:
    BIOMEDICAL SOLUTIONS

BRIGHT STREET 53/1, KOLKATA 700017, West Bengal
    p: +919830787872
    Website - None Supplied
    Email BIOMEDICAL SOLUTIONS

Please note that the cell number seems to be wrong. Please email them through the link.

Zigma Meditech India
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>46 Velappar Nagar, Maduraveedu,
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="5">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Thiruverkadu Chennai, India - 600 077
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="5">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Ph:+91-44-2680 1087
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    This seems to be more promising. They do sell Refurbished oxygen concentrators. This may cost Rs.18,000 to Rs.20,000.
    Please contact Mr.Jakir Hussain. Probably you may be able to negotiate the price. If you have any friend in Chennai a personal visit and discussion may help.

Hope the child becomes alright quickly.

4. Adiekarle

Adiekarle New IL'ite

Hi,
    You can search online, i think you will find many more links for second hand oxygen concentrator. The right portable oxygen concentrator for you will depend on the features that are most important.