The forgotten souls

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by kannankannan77, Feb 18, 2010.

1. kannankannan77

kannankannan77 New IL'ite

.Today saw two old couples came...Complaining that the lady got severe skin problems bloodpressure everything.....They were past 70s and their only daughter is living thousands of miles away.....She literally burst into tears when i asked about her daughter.......I didnt know how to console them........Why would us the so called new generation just leave out parents to trash.........Atleast we should think about those days we survived just because of them and that if it wasnt for them world would have been a hell for us.........They need us they need our love our care our presence....We all are too busy to even see their tears........Only god knows where we will be in their age....

2. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear kannan.

Its okay. We parents always want the child to be best in education and everything. That time we are proud of them. When they are highly educated, they cant get any satisfactory jobs which suits their qualification at where the parents are living. So natural that children are moving away to big cities are foreign countries. It is a cycle.

ganges

3. kannankannan77

I see that "divine love from a mother "in your words........But all i wanted to say was tht just looking at wat all they do for us till about our 20s its not that big a hard deal to bring your parents over and making them a part of your home.....You know i saw this old couple today..In their eyes all i could see was tears rolling cos they were missing their kids and craving for their love i really didnt see them taking pride in their sons qualification....Or job...

4. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

I feel not just parents but also children miss their parents.After you grow up, you give in to circumstances like ur job, career, studies, family.... I miss my mom the most while am abroad studying. But am sure my parents are proud of me.

5. luckybychance

luckybychance Senior IL'ite

i agree with aruna....
    its not only them, even we miss them...

its only the time that is keeping us apart....
    but as for the indian tradition married woman has to stay where her husband would, so it is being continued for generations and will remain the same hence forth...
    but atleast parents feel happy knowing their children are in safe hands...so do we keep thinking that we will go back one day when they are in need of us....

i too miss my parenst a lot...

6. kannankannan77

Oh ya i agree totally with both of you.......Infact lot of parents are not really sad they are happy that their kids have reached those goals which they wished.....Wat i was saying is about those parents who are devastated cos of loneliness......And some of the children totally forget about them ignore them......We do have old age homes in india na thats essentially means our society is still not that pure in heart atleast a part of the society....If wat we are saying here can make some one repent for wat they did or call back their parents from those nursing homes ill be more than satisfied.....

7. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

I second you Kannan. Apart from the old couples living their last few years in loneliness, there are also many old couples who stay with their son & DIL but facing a lot of hardship. I have seen a couple like this who are in their 80s. However their DIL has separated the old couple from their son and grand-children; though they are literally under same roof. It is pathetic to see such things... I wish I could do something for them.

Apparently they are none other than my paattu mami and her husband. I used to learn music from her. She was very close to me; so she shared her plight almost in tears. I used to feel so helpless. But there is nothing an outsider can do except pray to God for their happiness.

In such cases, its better for old couples to stay alone rather in such an atmosphere. There are all types of people in this world suffering in their own ways.. May God shower His blessings on everyone!!

8. luckybychance

luckybychance Senior IL'ite

Me too kannan...i agree with u.
    we shud be having old age homes in india..so that they can be in a new world and we can also feel comfortable of thinking that they r in safe hands.