Taslima Nasreen attacked - shame!!!

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by bindunaidu, Aug 11, 2007.

1. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

Taslima Nasreen, the author of Lajja had come to Hyderabad to inaugurate a book.She was attacked by a few MLAs belonging to MIM party. I felt a sense of shame and outrage as our elected members of Assembly attacked her with whatever they could lay their hands on; and a visibly shaken Ms Nasreen tried to shield herself from those 'leaders'.[this was telecast by all news channels]

Mr.Owaisi, the leader of MIM,stated that the whole issue was a matter of religion and refused to apologise for the incident.

it is not religion...
    it never is...
    it is always politics...and the greed of a few men for power..
    no religion preaches intolerance,hooliganism and bigotry
    It is these men who do that in the name of religion;
    and freedom of expression is just one of the many casualties in this ugly war for power.

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Re: shame!!!

The taslima case is more an eye opener, let there be more and more taslima to show the world the atrocities created by the people who say belong to islam. <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:COUNTRY-REGION><ST1:pLACE>India</ST1:pLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION> has enough to worry about but to take up a task of giving shelter to refugees we have our own responsibility as a nation, whether the muslim in <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION><ST1:pLACE>India</ST1:pLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION> or other places, they should respect the dignity of that nation, where they are making a living. These sort of crude action only goes on to show that they need to become more and more academic and learn how to tackle any issue.
    In the name of jihad now we have a movement like the Hitler regime, which also made history but for a different cause, people all over the world are fed up in fact with all these terrorism and threat, it is time the Islamic world should start answering for its action, what is the use of blood shed and attacks when u have to accept the change which is inevitable.
    Even in India when the hindus of the upper caste were refused prime from the education stage, they just went to America and the rest is history, like wise never try to teach any just move on, u cannot kill so many in the name of allah or islam both are against suicide and other actions, let the learned wake up, or there is going to be degeneration for decades, where the children of islam will be refused education, job, business opportunities,citizenship, working visa I could go on.
    Even in a plane,a man with a beard and beads in hand with a white cap is getting the looks and sometime thrown out for no cause, u want the Islam to be renown, work for its upliftment and give life for the girl child education for the female folks, today taslima is feeling for the minorities now this is the Islamic quality appreciated, not to be demeaned. Accept the change and work to betterment, no use slandering and getting more and more volcanic but to set oneself thinking as to what could be done! Will help one to come to terms with the change…regards sunkan
    MY ARTICLE AT SULEKHA....

3. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

It’s so pathetic that this is happening in this age and era
    unforgivable!

Tulasi

4. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

dear sunkan,
    with due respect to your ideas, i do not believe it is just the followers of Islam who are resorting to such abominable tactics. What about the filming of 'Water' being stopped in India because it was 'showing us in poor light'? Or, beating up an artist [chandra mohan] and arresting him because he was 'hurting hindu sentiments'?

It is not one, but every religion that is being politicised.. or should i say, being used a weapon or a tool by political hoodlums

5. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

I agree with you Bindu, its not only Muslims but due to a particular political party (shiv sainiks), hindu's are also becoming the extremists type... which is just ridiculous...

But ya the kind of terror Muslims have spread around the world in the name of religion... hindus are still far behind.

~Abha

6. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Lajja indeed ! A national shame in fact.
    By indulging in such blatantly barbaric behaviour, they themselves are adding proof to what Tasleema writes about bigotry, intolerance and the regressive aspects of her people.
    But it really is unfortunate that the widely publicised bad behaviour of a few from the lunatic fringe casts a dark shadow on the community as a whole . I feel very sorry for those muslims who are fair minded , well mannered and hard working loyal citizens because they have to suffer the looks of suspicion and the bad name for no fault of theirs.

manjula

7. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

i agree with you manjula. i have many muslim friends who are extremely progressive and fair minded and nowhere like the hoodlums who attacked Ms.Nasreen. In fact, all of them condemned the attack with as much vehemence as i did. Which is why i said..it is not religion...it is pure politics..

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear manju,
    got my copy of lajja today finished 40pgs lets see how it moves, it looks more a scene of india in 47 still cant judge immediately...sunkan