1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Straightforward and Diplomatic

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by radsahana, Feb 16, 2010.

1. reach

reach New IL'ite

Hi Radhika,
    Your post is very hilarious. Being a straight forward person, even i have few incidents in my life like that. But after marriage, i m learning to be diplomatic, but it's difficult.
    Hope in time, all of us learn being diplomatic.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi radhika,

that was indeed funny..your friend dropping hints and you just refusing to take it:biglaugh

but all of us start life like that radhika and then we learn..I think there is nothing wrong in being straightforward as long as one doesn't hurt the other person, isn't it?

and friends should be frank..i can take it sportingly if friends point out my faults to my face..BUT of course talking behind my back, definitely will not be tolerated hahaha

3. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi,

By reading this i just felt that some one is writing everything in my mind. Its very true that after going through some diplomatic incidents like radhika faced I started feeling like no one is fully true and we should not jump on relying their words.
    Finally i felt we should expect reality and straight forwardness only from the people who are really important for us. we can leave other diplomatic people as they are and try to bear their presence and understand them to survive in this diplomatic world.

too weird !! isnt it?

4. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,

Hey thanks for the fb. Most of the time, since i am straightforward, my messages get misinterpreted:bowdown, i think i need to take some classes to cruise in this world. Have a gr8 day

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Anu,

Welcome to the snippets corner, and i am flattered that you enjoyed reading the post. FB getting from unexpected friend is like a fresh wisp of fragrance:). which also shows that it has touched the heart of readers.

have a nice day.

6. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

True even i like straightforward people and i enjoy their company. Ofcourse i too feel, we should be candid with our near and dear friends and loved ones.

P.S. I have not read earlier about ur fb to kamalji, regarding my sweet welcome in snippets corner. But i have now, thanks. :)

7. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hey anvitha

i was really happy to get fb from you. You know what, like i replied to earlier fb, it encourages me to write, since it shows, there are readers who genuinely will appreciate it:).

I am with you in your thinking, that we should be straightforward with our dear and loved ones. I always appreciate people who are straightforward, and i feel kinship with them soon, since i am too a very very straightforward person.

thanks and have a great day.

8. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Radsahana,

Enjoyed your post very much. I was like you during my school days, my friends tried their best to change me..... :rotflbut only now (after a long time), I have changed.

Some people are very straightforward and thinks everyone else is straightforward like them. How naive they are??? Or they expect everyone should be straightforward like them. But who will explain them, the world is not straightfoward, it is gol gol gol. So there are bound to be different types of people.

Well said !!!

9. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Brighty (!!!)

I completely agree with you !!! :cheers

10. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radhika,
    I could not control my laughter reading your newly married friend's approach. She did not want to say straightly because she might have had that fear that it might hurt you people. You are all so ignorant to take the hint.
    My personal opinion is that a diplomatic person is very expert at handling situations of conflict and adversity in such a manner that he or she is able to protect own interests .
    And also not put any kind of strain on their relation with their friends / close ones on such issues.
    So the person has to have a basic Intelligence and tactfulness.
    Diplomacy is very important in this world. Though diplomacy is a good trait most people cover their hypocrisy under cover of diplomacy.
    with love
    pad