1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

i lost my thalli

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by mlost, Feb 16, 2010.

1. mlost

mlost New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    This is my first post and it happened to be a sad one...i lost my thali mala ,i and my husband stay here in chicago.we had gone to florida and had stayed there for 10 days in a hotel.husband had got a proj there,we came back a week ago to chicago and yesterday while going to temple i wanted to wear my thali mala and i could not find it.i searched everywhere couldnt find it,i used to wear it only rarely,but losing it make me mad.i wear my engagement ring ever time.i dont know what to do or anything,i dont have the guts to tell mine or hus parents.my mind has gone so worried that i am not able to sleep at night or even do or think properly.has it happened to anyone ...ente manasamadanam full poyi...it really is making me mad.is there any puja or anything that i can do in temple or what else can i do..my husband consoles me telling that he will buy new one for me and all......please help ::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

might be you have to move on with your learning that you have to be careful about such important/sentimental things...what is the benefit you get if you cry and worry over something that is lost? which pooja would bring it back i dont get it!

So think that as a lesson and atleast next time on take care of your valuables.

3. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Sorry to hear that you lost the thali...did you take it to Florida? If you have forgotten there by chance, maybe you can call up the hotel and ask if they found anything in your room. Nothing harm in calling them up??

Sometimes in hurry you might have missed looking at places that you generally keep. Be calm and relaxed and look for it in your house.

Like SriVidya said, you can take this as a lesson and put your valuables in a safe place in future.

Good luck and do search for it when you are calm and not in any tension. I hope you find it.

Jaya

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Stay calm, sleep over it a day or two and then search for it. Sometimes we usually find when we least think about it. Good luck.

5. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

If you have not taken it out of the house the chances are that it is still in the house. Give it some time, it might resurface. How can an inanimate object go missing? Chances are that it has been misplaced or stolen. Which do you think is the case?

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

If you had taken it along during traveling and have the habit of taking it off, then may be you lost it in the hotel? I agree with others to just relax and give it some time, may be its just somewhere out there. Else, take it that its just a piece of Gold :)

Good luck !!

7. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

pray to araikasu amman. want to know about what it is look in the religeous section.

8. geetha mahesh

geetha mahesh Bronze IL'ite

First of all sorry for what has happened...
    I am first not understanding why you are so sentimental about the piece of Gold...if you did not have sentiments towards your thali and did not wear it all the time then why do you have sentiments now when you have lost it..
    It is just a personification of love and even an engagement or wedding ring is equal to it..
    I too would have felt bad but I think if you did not wear it all the time then it has lost its significance so doesnt matter if you lose it...may be the material factor hurts more than the emotional..I think once we remove it and wear it as any other ornament once in a while it loses its santity..

Dont worry be happy...you learn from every experience and mistake in life..may be this is averting something big in your life..
    Just trust an have faith in God..and good deeds everything will be fine in life..all these are very small things in life

9. reach

reach New IL'ite

Well said Geetha. What is the point of crying and performing a puja for it, when it has lost its sanctity. The day you started using it as an ornament, thali has lost its significance, its no more than a piece of gold.
    Better buy a new one as ur husband suggest and safeguard it carefully so that the same thing doesnt repeat.

10. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Dear, i feel rather than materialistic or emotional reasons, what you fear more is if this is sign of any bad omen. Don't worry - its not the thali or ring, but the strength of the marital bond you share matters. Oru divasam ambalathil poyi nannayi praarthichu vaa, oru prasnavum varilla.