jan 2010 mommies :))

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by aparnag, May 4, 2009.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Aparna - True..
    Work is okay.. JUst started..
    Tday heavy snow storm and all were asked to leave early..
    due to viral throat am really tired EOD..
    planning to rest well..
    R is doing fine.. am missing him wen am @ work
    ur LO is sweet..

Others - How are you & LO's?

2. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Paddu Sorry forgot to post my birth storyif you remember i was supposed to be induced on monday feb 1st. On Thursday I was only 2 cm dilated but friday everything changed I started having contractions but they were very irregular. At night they started coming 10 mns apart. I was so excited I did not have to be induced. We went to the hospital, my nurse kept on joking she woke up the doc at night and it was one of the favorite part of her job. By saturday morning my pains were getting intense so had to take epidural slept for few hrs and then after pushing for one and half hr Pranav was out. The funniest part was when doc said its a boy I asked him if he was sure because we thought it would be a girl the whole staff started laughing :biglaugh:biglaugh.

3. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Anitha Congratulations on joining back to work. I can imagine it must be hard to leave R back home. Oh no your throat infection is back hope you get better soon.
    I am trying to put bmilk and cream but the problem is P sucks so hard as though there is no tomorrow.
    Yeah we need to keep the thread active it was a fun ride with everybody let us continue it.

Aparna I am managing for now :hide:

4. padmaprasad

padmaprasad New IL'ite

Hi all,

As shwetha said , we can continue thread..........:cheers
    Couple of questions in my mind:

As any one of u r using bonissan to ur little one.
    How abt sunnipindi for bath?How to store pumping BMilk while travelling out, is room temp. fine or we have to put it in ice bags. How long the leftover Bmilk in bottle can be stored if the baby drinks little. I would appreciate if any suggestions on storing B Milk.

5. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Padma I have no clue what bonissan and sunnipindi means may be other ladies will have some idea.
    I think you need to store Bmilk in ice bags if you are traveling out. Bmilk can be kept in room temperature for 4to 6hrs. If I remember properly you cannot reuse the Bmilk in bottle if baby drinks only little. So better to transfer in another bottle and give it to the baby than losing it.

6. LovemyFamily

LovemyFamily New IL'ite

Padma,
    A latician consultant once told me that Breast milk can be stored upto 24 hours if the room temp is less than 82 oF. In either case i would say 10 hours is safe. That having said, you cannot reuse refrigerated breast milk once thawed. The milk can be completed within an hour of taking it out of the fridge. I have a 5 week old baby, and i usually try to give her just a little less than what she can drink if it is breast milk. I work full time, so i have supplement her with formula as well.
    Regarding sunnipindi, my mom is bathing the baby everyday with sunnipindi. She gives the baby an oil (Almond oil) massage & applies sunnipindi all over.
    Hope this helps..:) Good luck!

7. paddubala

paddubala Silver IL'ite

Hi Shwetha,
    Nice to hear Pranav's entry story...Anitha started the baby arrival and you've finished it for Jan club :)

I think good part of our delivery is not pricking for GD anymore :) and eat any qty we want...Boy, Iam so hungry these days and eat a lot...surprisingly wt keeps going off...i've jus 6 more pounds to shed off...but BIG tummy is there...not bothered abt tummy right now as I dont seem to have any time bcos of 2 kids...LO keeps me on my toes always...she literally demands her feeds...when we try to console her crying, she makes sure I feed her if she wants milk....

Padma, havent heard of both the items u've mentioned...

started giving tub bath to Kriti on alternate days...jus waiting for her to grow so that it'll be easy to handle her...

so how are other moms doing? here am eternally sleepless but managing so far...

8. paddubala

paddubala Silver IL'ite

Anitha,
    howz it to be back to work? whoz helping u now?

9. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Paddu yeah the best part about delivery was no more pricking. But unfortunately I am on strict diet by my mom so not allowed to eat a lot. Only good thing is I can eat rice :thumbsup finally.
    I still have not checked my weight but my hubby thinks I have lost a lot. Even I am running on a weird schedule wake up every 2 to 3 hr feed sleep. Day times I cannot sleep night times LO does not allow to sleep :crazy.
    Have you started giving Kirti bath already I am still waiting for the cord to fall off. We just give him sponge bath. Yesterday as it was shivrathri we gave P head bath and he slept for 5 hrs.

10. padmaprasad

padmaprasad New IL'ite

shwetha and paddu Iam also sailing in same boat, the best part is no pricking fingers anymore. But diabetician told to prick for 4 days after going home and let them know which i couldnt bcoz of busy schedule with two kids, i couldnt concerntrate on it. But good thing is as GD is normal, i can partly enjoy food, bcos iam also in restricted food diets bcoz iam bf ing.
    Paddu Bonissan is nothing but gripe water kind of thing manufactured by himalaya co. But dont know can be given in USA. Sunnipindi is used for bath instead of soap.(Herbal powder).