Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spanishgrace

spanishgrace New IL'ite

onam

While India is getting ready to celebrate the 60th birthday, Kerala is swinging to action with Onam approaching soon. Anyone heading home to Kerala for Onam?

2. Thara

Thara New IL'ite

Re: Who Am I?

Hi!
    Hands shake to all and especially to one who started Indusladies.com
    To be frank I never knew such site, it’s just that one of my good friend told me about this site and asked me to register it. I registered without much thinking; as I felt it will be just like any other normal site. But here after going through some posts in this site; I really liked it. Now I feel part of this Forum.

About me – I am a Keralite, brought up in Mumbai. Married and have a loving Baby. I am a Working woman; working as Executive Asst. to CEO in a reputed IT industry, Mumbai.

I like to make friends and believe that I will be making more friends here.

Cheers :thumbsup ,
    Thara

3. sowmyaravi

sowmyaravi New IL'ite

Hello,
    A big Kudos to all those behind such an wonderful website. Thanks to sitagita.com,I was made to browse through IL longback but couldnt register then. But,last week I had registered and I have really found this IL as a treasure trove. (Whether it be Chitra madam's recipe index or sloka index,Sonu madam's baby food posts,Sunkan madam's posts.....) Sorry if I had failed to mention the rest,its because Iam still exploring IL.
    Its really an unique forum for ladies. I wonder why I have been unaware of such a nice website so far.
    Let me give a brief intro of myself. Iam an engineering postgraduate working as a lecturer in a reputed engineering institution.
    I was born and brought up in Erode. My parents are the key motivators in my life and of course, my husband joined them after our marriage. I delivered a baby boy in April this year and Iam on maternity leave. Now,all our lives revolve around our sweet little darling Roshan Ram and we are enjoying each and every development milestones of Roshan. I have chosen to be at home till Dec 2007.

Hello to all IL- ites,

With warm wishes,
    Sowmya

4. shyamalabala

shyamalabala New IL'ite

Hi friends,

My name is shyamala . And first and foremost I would like to tell everyone that I am happy to join Indusladies asit is different from other sites.

I am an andhraite, born in orissa , brought-up and had my education in Bangalore and married and settled in Delhi. I am a person who loves to meet people, travel, read books, listen to old music, play with kids, chat and surf on the net, but of all the things my best hobby is painting.

I'm married for the past 11 years and live in ajoint family. I have loving in-laws and being the eldest DIL I get all the importance to participate in all the important decision making of the family. I have a son who is 10years.

I help my hubby in his business as he is out of country nearly 28 days in a month on official work.

I hope to meet like -minded friends on this forum , as I'm yet to go thro' this site completely and learn many things. I hope to learn many things on this site. I shall be happy to welcome one and all who extend their hands in friendship.

thanks
    Bye.:smile: :smile:

5. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hallo everyone

I am from Hyderabad living in Denmark for the past 28 years. I found this indusladies website by chance while surfing on the net. I have gone through some different topis from this website and I found them very useful. I would like to join this community and share my experiences and learn some useful information.

Kind regards
    Nirmala

6. vasanthi

vasanthi New IL'ite

hi folks!
    this is the first time i'm writing something like this! i'm vasanthi, born and brought up in chennai. did my medicine in chennai and my diploma in obstetrics and gynaecology in jipmer. i'm 55 yrs old. i may seem to be an oldie to many of you youngsters, but i guess you are only as old as how you feel you are!
    i have a son, working in new jersey and a daughter who is just day 2 of working in ibm. both are engineering graduates. my better half is also a doctor . both of us have a private clinical practice in velore.
    i love cooking and reading, watching a couple of soaps on tv, enjoy travel and living. that's the main agenda in my future. i would love to travel wherever i can!
    hoping to be an active particpant of this site! :2thumbsup:
    vasanthi

7. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Welcome ladies to IL. Whether you stumbled across this website or someone referred it to you - you have come HOME! That is right - this has become place to connect for so many women across many countries. As someone who also stumbled across IL, I find myself logging in every day to see what is happening in IL.
    If you have any questions on browsing, posting threads, etc - please feel free to write to me and I will be glad to help.

Once again - on behalf of IL - a huge WELCOME!

Shobana

8. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi friends

I am new to this forum. I just registered myself yesterday. I was brought up in India now living in Denmark since 1979. I am 55 years old, have three grown up daughters and my husband is working in Technical college teaching electronics. My eldest daughter lives in Copenhagen working as a teacher, the second one is working in county administration and the third one is studying to become lawyer. I am an administrative officer but presently at home as I have undergone some operation in my shoulders due to arthritis.

I have a 9 year old dog, golden retriever called Simba and a very very affectionate dog.

I enjoyed going through this website knowing different people.

Welcome to you too Vasanthi. You are right in saying about the age. "Count your age by friends not by years"

My hobbies are watching sun tv, reading a good novel, walking with my dog and of course cooking is my hobby too. Indian food has the best taste and I like to cook items from other countries too.

Enjoy your day folks.

Kind regards:)
    Nirmala

9. BhuvanaC

BhuvanaC New IL'ite

Hi everyone !

I have just joined this community and I'm yet to go thru all the threads.
    I am basiically from Tamilnadu, an MCA , married with two sons 13 and 8. I am a very satisfied homemaker and always keep myself busy and active. Now I reside in Bangalore.
    I am fond of cooking, carnatic music and painting . I do tanjore paintings in my free time.
    Keep smiling :2thumbsup:

Bhuvana

10. bmuralikrishna4u

bmuralikrishna4u New IL'ite

Hi!

I am murali, 29 yrs old working in Chennai for a pvt. concern as dep. manager-IT.
    Iam so happy to be in this forum. Am able to learn a lot about the Hindu culture which i was not taught. Have a nice day.
    Sorry I couldnt upload my pic. to my profile.

Have a wondreful day!

Murali

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.