1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

NorthEast! How is the snow storm?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sunitha, Feb 6, 2010.

1. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

yeah pavarun, so true, keeping kids occupied is a big big question:bowdown.
    if they had school 3/4th of the day gets over by the time they return.

our DH snow or rain, still work from home, oblivious to the surroundings.:hiya

2. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

As sunitha mentioned, D.C,Phily,NY,NJ,Boston be very careful.

Gowri,

How are you holding up with aditi?

Pavarun,

I can understand your position.Same thing here,trying very hard to keep my DD inside.I started crying managing two and with my DD's naughtiness.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  3. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Manju.

Thanks dear. We are fine... We are having snow in tons... but nothing is affecting us. So enjoying with her. But I am following the news... suburbs are worst hit !!

Take care of yourselves... enjoy with daughter and son.

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

My update: its 7:30 pm and the snow stopped hours ago. We got about six inches (my guess). The schools were closed so I got to stay home (yippee!!). I am wondering what will happen in the night but I got my shovelling done, the plow guy was here and all set for tomorrow.

Thanks you ladies for your well wishes.

5. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

keeping kids occupied on a snow day is a big challenge. Travel plan was a big havoc. I got redirected two times. But we all are safe.

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mm....beautiful sight in a 3-5 inches snow...white blanket...picture perfect scenary... 2 days schools are off..but today 2 hours delayed start.

sriniketan

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Wow Sriniketan,

Only 3-5 inches?!!

Add another twenty or thirty to it, that's how much we have!!!

The last week's snow was still piled up everywhere when a fresh onslaught caught hold of this whole area. It snowed from around 7pm on Tuesday evening till about 2 am this morning, almost non-stop!!

But for some reason, by now, we are snow sturdy and hubby insisted on clearing the drive way and I too joined in later. We can now drive the car out without a problem.:)

Feel good about doing it ourselves after having shelled out like 150 dollars in the last 10 days just to clear the snow!

Well, now we are all set and looking forward to the Monday onslaught that the weatherman is talking about!!

Best of luck girls, make the best of it. For, there is nothing we can really do about it...:biglaugh

L, Kamla

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kamla,
    Wow, wow, wow...I can imagine..looking at those blizzards on the news.
    In our area, it is ok to handle...but our Government is under state of emergency..where more snow would fall on the higher elevations than us..
    Yeah..waiting for the next round of snow this weekend..:(

sriniketan

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Well the last two storms up here we missed the brunt of it...not so this one of the last 36 hours!!! I guess my backyard will be gone for at least a month or more as the snow is almost waist deep. The plow guy came and plowed like crazy this morning, and I did hours of finishing work around the garage and still not like I like it but it will do. I am posting a pic from my front window up the street of our condition this morning and more snow is expected tonight but at least not like the last two days. Up until now we have had 1/2 our normal amount of snow but made up for it in one storm. On the good side: couldn't go to work....oh darn!!

Attached Files:

10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Sun is back, finally !!!!!!

36 hrs of snow saga officially ended in my place.. I hope :bowdown

Tashi.. Wow, that looks scary.... too much of plowing is required for u guys :(

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010