Do you allow your kids to have their food in front of the Television?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Jul 19, 2009.

Do you allow your kids to have their food in front of the Television?

1. Yes

177 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. No

131 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. Sometimes Yes

270 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Finder

Finder New IL'ite

My kids as well as my hubby are in a habit of taking food in front of TV and I hate this. Is there any way to correct this? Does any body have any idea?

2. murphybaby77

murphybaby77 Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,

yah my sons r all slow eaters and i was a working woman .No other go,they willeat quicly only if they were allowed to watch Tom and jerry.But we were very strict during night dinner.At least one meal with family and not in front of TV was helpful.Some how for past 22 years i managed

We must also observe give and take principle.Since TV --Media has become a part and parcel of our
    life,only we have to apply tactism for children as well as for us also.Mordendays its a pity to see somany addicted to serials.

Hope we conquire our mind with temptations.If we are OK our children will definitly follow us.Let us not be strict ,a little bargaine will definitly works.
    Thanks
    Bye
    MurphyRadio

3. HinaKhot

HinaKhot New IL'ite

Hi,

I do allow my kid to have food in front to the television :hide:. Its better than me running all around the place with the food in my hand.

I however, make sure he doesnot over eat and he knows what he's eating (small consolation for spoiling his habit):redface:

Hina

4. thomamaria

thomamaria New IL'ite

We all do it occasionally , don't we ;-) ? Can't really blame the kids ...

5. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

I voted for my mom actually :biglaugh
    Yes, she wouldn't mind me watching TV while having food when I was younger

6. kkhushi

kkhushi New IL'ite

Hi All,
    My Daughter is 8 yrs. She will forcefully sit infront of TV while having food. Infact she wont allow any1 in family even to touch the remote control n all the time she will tell, if u won't allow me to watch TV then I wont eat anything. So, I give her permission to sit infront of TV.

Like that also, she is more interested in watching TV instead going out or studying.

7. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Yes My son watches TV when he is having his evening snack after returning from school.
    Dinner times its not on unless it some very interesting programme mainly because meal times are family times where we sit and chat and relax and exchange notes...
    But my son is very aware of what he is eating even when you think he is watching with max attention...
    K

8. chitrangna

chitrangna New IL'ite

:):hiyayes
    i do allow them to have their food in front of the television every time:idea:wave::biglaugh
    thanks
    chitrangna

9. Seenaj

Seenaj New IL'ite

i dont allow to do that.. but my daughter chandra has a concern when i turn it off, but son, soorya doesnt.

as far i am concerned watching the movie and eatind doesnt go well

10. jani78

jani78 New IL'ite

Sometimes, Yes! Though I feel bad to say that:( My daughter could never have food, even her snack, without engaging herself in the idiot box or her favourite book! Now, my son is 10 months old and i consciously avoid other distractions (which wud interest him anyway) while having food. More than the food, kids start enjoying the idiot box! Experience speaks:bonk!!