1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share your Short Stories here...

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Deepali_deepali, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear knot 2 thank you for your appreciating words.
    Dear Sri, really a nice one. shall I say it " blessing in disguise"
    Now my story:
    I'm in a terrible fix,' moaned Raymond. 'I'm in love with two girls and I don't know whether to propose to Wendy or Mary.' 'No problem,' said Sean to the Englishman. 'I know you're not a Catholic but I think the church could help you. Call in tomorrow morning, kneel down and try a sincere prayer to God - that should do the trick.'
    Next morning Sean arrived to find Raymond with a beaming smile.
    'It worked. It's a miracle,' Raymond enthused. 'I walked in, knelt down and there it was written in red across the altar cloth: AVE MARIA!' :)
    with love
    pad

2. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear Sai,

Good one..enjoyed the joke..Thanks for posting..

3. Deepali_deepali

Dear Knot2share,

Thanks for sharing your feelings for this thread..definitely your words have tied a knot between you and all of us ...Thanks for your lovely feedback and we hope to have some stories from you too dear..

4. Deepali_deepali

Hey rockstar,

Good to see you here after a long time..Enjoyed your both stories...

Dear Sriniketan,

Nice story.. Sometimes being illiterate also proves beneficial!!!! Thanks for posting..

5. rathisrini

rathisrini Bronze IL'ite

A really fabulous one with a wonderful quote............cherished reading same.

6. rathisrini

rathisrini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Rrg

This is really touching and brought mist in my eyes.........

thanks for rendering it.

7. rathisrini

rathisrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Deepali........

how are you.....did not browse for a very long time as I was busy with my daughter's wedding........true the copper coin is worthier than all the funds........

luv

8. rathisrini

rathisrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am back after a long time..........Was busy with my lifetime achievement..........

My story for the day.......As usual its Akbar and Birbal story

Emperor Akbar once saw a tribal woman deliver her baby in the middle of the forest without any help and resume her journey home carrying a large bundle of firewood and the new born. Jahapanah was highly impressed and he ordered that, henceforth, women in his harem would not get any medical aid to deliver babies.

The royal women were shocked and alrmed and they approached Birbal for solution. A couple of weeks later, when Akbar was strolling around in the garden with Birbal, he was appaled to see his precious rose plants had all withered. Naturaly he was furious with the Gardner. Birbal then intervened and said that forests have might trees though no one ever bothers to water and nurther them. Why then should rose plants be pampered?

Akbar ate humble pie and got the hint and withdrew his earlier orders.

9. Deepali_deepali

Dear rathisri,

Very nice story..Thanks for sharing..

10. Prasantha

Prasantha New IL'ite

Hi, I just joined today. I find the short stories very interesting, amusing and some touching. Thank you for sharing them, all of you who have contributed.

What I feel is, anyone's life is full of events, things that happen and we never know why it is so. Here is one that was sent to me a long time ago.....and I had to tell it to my daughter who asked me if I was ever angry with God for all the difficulties that I feel I have in my life (my daughter is daignosed with a seriious illness and has now almost lost her sight, she is just 11).

There was once a famous runner, he had won over three gold medals in the olympics and world sports and was a winner, all around. As fortune would have it, at the height of his sporting career, he had a serious accident and was laying in hospital totally paralzed from neck down.

Reporters from all over the world were waiting to talk to him, so many expressed their sadness and regret at the turn of events. One reporter, when she had time alone with him asked:

"Dont feel like asking God why you have to suffer this way?"

The great sportsman smiled and said, " When I was the fastest runner in my school and got my first medal, I did not ask why me, when I won the national championships I did not ask God, why me, when I got my Gold medals I did not ask God why me, so why should I ask him why me now? Is it only when we are in pain we ask why we have to suffer yet we never ask why we are chosen to be happy or successful?"

My daughter then understood, "lets just take things as them come, Amma", she said, and went on her way, singing with her angel-like voice, given by God....

Regards Prasantha