1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

NorthEast! How is the snow storm?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sunitha, Feb 6, 2010.

1. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

It isn't really bad here.. Didn't snow heavily. Outside looks so beautiful with all snow around..Snowing almost stopped by now..

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

We're also snowed in... Its about 25 or 26 inches so far. After 2-3 rounds of shoveling, we got paid help to clear the driveway. The roads are still not cleared. Not sure how Monday morning commute is going to be.

Since there's nothing else to do, I've been cooking, cooking , cooking & watching TV.

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

All you ladies having more than 20 inches,enjoy it from inside only.Maybe you can play in the snow,it is interesting.Tried to make a snowman yesterday and today,I did not know it was so difficult to make one:drowningmine looked already melted even before I made it!!:rotflFinally gave up and thought that it was better to enjoy the neighbor's wonderful skills at making snowmen and igloos too:bowdown:bowdown

Finally,we got about 14 inches of snow as of today.But the snowing has stopped now and our driveway is clean.

Just now heard in the news that Baltimore got about 26 inches of snow.Oooh,imagine shovelling all that!

Looks like NJ escaped this time.

Tashi,didn't know there is a Delhi in NY. Wow!!

Pinky,we are doing good.Yeah,it is an art driving in snow,and it is an even better art driving in rain combined with sleet:hide:Just learning the nuiances of the trade!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Sunitha:
    the best snowball and snowman making weather is in the spring when the snow is wetter and soft and heavy. It packs down easily then and if you make a snowman it will freeze up ove3r night an last for days. When its really cold and the snow is dry and fluffy you can't so anything with it.

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Really Tashi? Didn't know that!

Will surely try this spring.I do hope some snow falls then,atleast for me to try a snowman.

6. BZmom

BZmom New IL'ite

We live in the suburbs of DC and we got 26" of snow. My DH and I shoveled on Friday night, again 3 times on Saturday. It was hot tea before, during and after shoveling, followed by motrin after getting back inside. When we headed out on Saturday morning to shovel, we were totally overwhelmed. We were confused if we should be shoveling the snow around the house or shovel the house out of the snow!!!
    Today's task would be to dig out our cars from the parking lot!!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  7. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

BZmom,really pity you! All the best,don't worry,you can do it! Just keep going...

8. BZmom

BZmom New IL'ite

Thanks, Sunitha. keeping the spirits high by making kuzhakattais, bajji, elaborate lunch...

9. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Another snow storm watch is in effect from tuesday afternoon till wednesday evening!!

10. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Yes,I am gearing up for it,exercising,eating healthy --have to shovel all that snow tomorrow..again:drowning