Hsg

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by devotee, Apr 21, 2008.

1. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aishu,
    As per my understanding once HSG is done then chances of getting pregnant is very good for next three cycles. So good luck.
    -Priya
    [​IMG]

2. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

hi raji and priya
    thanks for your wishes. waiting for this cycle to end.........

3. sashi99

sashi99 Senior IL'ite

Hi friends
    I too want to go for a HSG. Can anyone from Hyderabad just tell me where a good HSG is done as i am new to this place. Please help....

4. tweenie27

tweenie27 New IL'ite

HSG after ectopic pregnancy..

hello all,

5 months back i had a major surgery because of unnoticed ectopic pregnancy resulting in fallopian tube rupture and then removal. lost 3.5 ltrs of blood and was also given 3 vacs of frozen plasma.
    my docs in india and in US as well have asked me to do an HSG for the other fallopian tube, to check for blockages etc...they said i should not go forward with pregnancy plans before i get that done.
    My abdomen area is still numb from the the surgery, and the docs said it will take time for the sensations to come back there.
    I am due for HSG today. Has anyone got an HSG done in this kind of situation? how was the experience? I am nervous...Heard its a lot of pain???
    In any case, whoever has got HSG done, please tell me how it would be!....:hide:

5. Babydream

Babydream Senior IL'ite

Re: HSG after ectopic pregnancy..

[JUSTIFY]Hi Tweenie27,

Sorry to know about your surgery.I may not be the correct person to reply about ectopic pregnancy but I have undergone HSG in Oct.
    I was also so scared like you but don't worry it is not as painful as we think.It was similar to pain when we undergo pap-smear test.
    My doctor gave me antibiotics which I took 5 days before my HSG and I took 1 tablet(I don't remember the name) before 1 hour for HSG.So it made me little drowsy and I didn't know much pain.After HSG I was spotting for couple of days and I took 1 day off to take some rest.So don't worry much about HSG.

I am also from New Jersey ,which doctor are you seeing currently.
    [/JUSTIFY]

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: HSG after ectopic pregnancy..

Hi Tweenie,
    Sorry about your ectopic pregnancy.
    I hope its good to know whether the other tube is patent or not before proceeding further. Hope you have taken HSG by the you read this.

HSG will not cause the worst pain. You can manage it with pain killers & some rest. Co-operate the technician whomever doing it. Try to relax during the procedure. All the things will help you in for HSG.

All the best to your HSG.

7. Aana

Aana New IL'ite

Pls advice me

Hi Everyone,

I am ttc from past 5 months but nothing is happening from my side. and my periods was 28 day cycle and my doctor took me hormonal test and everything seems to be normal. but yesterday we went to the doctor for a second opinion and she told me regarding my age ie 31 for me and my husband, if trying naturally doesnt work for another 2 months she will put me in Clomid and after that she will check for HSG ie fallopian tube blockage. and she told me later we can see regarding IVF

After hearing all this I felt so restless and I am unable to stop my cry. Pls advice me whether I need to go with the doctor concerning my age.
    or can I wait and try. Pls share your thoughts and advice me.

Baby dust to everyone!

Regards
    Aana

8. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

Re: Pls advice me

Ana,

Its always good to consult doctor and have initial tests done.
    That way you will not waste time and if required you can start treatment immediately.

Most important is dont stress yourself. Things will happen when it meant to happen.

baby dust to you.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aana,
    People say fertility decreases with age. Compared to men, women will reach infertility faster. If you are above 35 & trying for the first baby, you need to rush for the treatments & get pregnant soon.

Since you are 31, its good to start the infertility treatments now. Take up all the blood tests & proceed with medicated cycle(i.e with Clomid/Femera). If you don't have any hormonal imbalance, then can wait for some time too! If things doesn't click, go for a IUI. If IUIs also didn't help & you had tubal problems, its good to try with IVF. Prepare yourself for all these things & take up the first step.

There is nothing to worry & cry. You can conceive with medical support. Start the treatments before its too late.
    Baby dust to you.

10. Aana

Aana New IL'ite

Hi Kinjal,

Thanks a lot!

Hi Vasumathy,

Thanks really for ur support!

I dont have any hormonal problem bcoz I took the test on November 2009 So I think I dont need to go with Clomid. I will try for some more months & if things didnt catchup then I need to think of IUI.
    and how do I able to find the tubal defect- Is any ultrasound will help me?
    and concerned with my age ie 31 can I try for another 6 months?
    Pls advice me.

Regards
    Aana