1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Atlanta Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Induslady, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Kavisriguru

Kavisriguru New IL'ite

Hi,

My name is Kavitha. My husband is a software engineer. I have a baby boy of eight months old. I'm from South India. Born in Karnataka and did my studies in Andra Pradesh and currently my parents are in Tamilnadu. My husband is from Tamilnadu. We moved to Atlanta during Feb 2007.
    I like music. I like to spend time by Listening to music and singing, chatting with friends and playing with kids.

I 'm a fresh member od IL.com. This site is very interesting and useful. I'm looking forward to interact with Atlanta ladies.

:2thumbsup:
    Kavitha Guru Raghavendran

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  2. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Hi Aarushi,
    This indeed is a great idea. We all need to meet up and put a face to all our virtual friends. I'm okay with Olive Garden the only reason being I'm yet to obtain a driver's licence as I've just moved in to the U.S and Olive Garden is at a walkable distance from my home.

I'm eagerly awaiting responses from the others!!

Cheers
    Hema

3. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hey Kavitha,

Welcome to Atlanta!!:)

How are you finding it till now? Which part of the city are you in?

I too have a 10 month old...now I'm starting to think about her first birthday and its a great feeling...

What kind of music do you like? I like the songs of kishore kumar and rafi the most..:2thumbsup:

Take care...

Hi Hema,

Grrreat to hear from you!! Now we have Nivedi, you and me who are ready to come..lets hope a couple more people at least join us...

If driving is an issue, then I can pick you up and drop you...that's not a problem...I'm in Alpharetta and Dunwoody is not that far away...in fact I have a friend who lives near Ashford Dunwoody road so I go there quite often...

And yeah, it would be nice to finally put a face to a virtual identity....:)

What about Raji, IlaGandhi, Nasiha and Karthika?? Are you guys game?? Pls reply kijiye na....:-D if there are more people it would be more of a party atmosphere...

Take care...bye for now...:wave

4. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

I just heard from Raji in the other new thread that I had created that she would like to come to the get together..so there are now 4 of us up for it...:)

I'm copying the message from the other thread...

Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by raji651 [​IMG]
    HI Aarushi

It is a nice idea of Atlanta ladies to get together. Saturdays should be good for me since my husband will be home. Let me know date, time and place. Meeting in olive gardens seems to be a nice idea. :2thumbsup:

raji

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

5. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I've posted our get together info and pix on the following path in the forum section-

Express Cafe > Our Community > IL'ite meet-ups

under the "Atlanta Ladies Get Together".

I hope we can have more ILites joining us next time..it was wonderful meeting you all - Hema, Raji and Nivedi (aka Priya) and I am looking forward to meeting you all very soon...:)

Love,
    Preeti

6. sindhuvj

sindhuvj New IL'ite

Hello Everyone,
    Am Sindhu, from Chennai. I moved to Atlanta with my husband in Sept 2006, shortly after our marriage. I love to read, browse, try new dishes and listen to new tunes.
    Having worked as a Software Consultant in India and US(for a brief period) am on the lookout for projects in the Atlanta area to get my H1 transferred.
    Am here to meet new people, get to know happenings in Atlanta..and enjoy my time here :) !!!

Hav a good day people !

Cheers,
    Sindhu

7. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

Welcome to Atlanta! :)

I have been here about 6 yrs and I love the place...which part of the city are you living in? where all have you been in Atlanta till now?

Good to know that you like reading coz I'm also a books buff...:) what kind of books do you like? I love mysteries and suspense...

bye for now,

take care,
    Aarushi

8. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sindhu

Welcome to Indus ladies. This is a wonderful site . Which part of Atlanta are you living.?

raji

9. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi Aarushi

Thanks for putting up the photos. I really had a good time on saturday. After a long time i am having my own time. Thankyou . How is your little one.

Raji

10. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Yes.. I agree with Raji. I mailed the photographs to my friends and family. I'm already looking forward to our next meet.

Thanks Aarushi for initiating the idea.

Cheers
    Hema