1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Get in Shape 2010!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Induslady, Dec 16, 2009.

1. TeamGIS

TeamGIS New IL'ite

Hi All,

Today is the last day of the contest, and we are sure you all are waiting for more.....

Let us ensure that this contest was a precursor to the adaptation of a healthier living.

Here is a tip for all the people who are regular hosts to parties and get togethers:
    "After hosting a great party, make sure that you don't store any remaining food for the next day. After the guests leave, give away leftover food to neighbors or help those in need or take it to work the next day and give a small treat to your colleagues."

Good Luck and watch out for more such contests on the Indusladies forum as well as Desi Diet | Diet Plans India | Indian Diet | Recipes | Diabetes Diet | Lose Weight

Best Wishes,
    TeamGIS:hiya

2. Deep78

Deep78 Bronze IL'ite

Last two days went outside, so unable to stick to the regime.

Had weight check yesterday.Only 2 Kg loss. But didnt lose heart.Will continue the same diet and sure i'll stay fit.

Now my weight is 67
    BMI is 27.2

3. pam186

pam186 New IL'ite

My score for 30/1/10 is 3.0

Reporting Score is 76.3
    [​IMG]

4. MonicaBalaji

MonicaBalaji New IL'ite

As on 30 Jan 2010,
    My new BMI - 26.7
    My new Health Age - 72

As per the set goals,
    Am taking fruits instead of high calorie food like chips, fries etc. Have not actually stopped taking chips kinda snack completely, but reduced upto 80% of per month consumption.The best part is havent deep fried any thing including appalam this month. (Save oil. Keep up good health. Twin benefits) :thumbsup

Drinking 5 to 6 glasses of water per day. :thumbsup

Doing physical exercises atleast 5 days per week. :thumbsup

And have reduced 2.4 lb (rounded as 2 lb for BMI calc) this month. :2thumbsup:

Thanks all ILs out here for helping me thru your daily posts and health tips. Im happy that i have reached my target. :cheers
    I could have reduced more, cos my lil one was sick for 9-10 days from mid Jan :-(, i was running to hospital and house, happened to skip exercise a couple of days, cudnt cook somedays, no sleep for more than 3-4 hrs few days, a kinda mess on those 10 days. But i carried water bottles in my bag, so dint forget to drink. Thou the days were tiresome and mentally presurrized I grabbed a couple of minutes to update my scores and post them just before the end of that day.

In this one month, I learnt healthy eating habits/tips/recipes, necessity of physical exercises, requirement of water and importance of sleep to our body. Not only me, my family members are also taking more veggies and fruits these days. Whenever i call up any of my relatives/friends, if we happen to talk about food/wt. loss, I share some of the health tips given here with them. Hope to see the inspired ones in this site soon.

Thanks to the whole team for the encouragement and support provided.
    Wish you all Healthy & Happy living.
    Monica Balaji

5. Shreec

Shreec Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

01-30-10 EST

Reporting score 82.3

Todays score 2.8

Thanks,
    Shree

6. ManjuSiva

ManjuSiva New IL'ite

hai all

today's (30th jan) score - 3
    reporting score - 90

thanks
    Manju

7. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Today's score (30th Jan) is 3.0 and reporting score is 86.9
    BF: 1/2 cup corn masala chat and 1/2 cup grapes, 1 cup tea
    Lunch: 1 cup spinach brown rice
    Snacks: 1 small plate chudwa
    Dinner: 1 cup poha upma and 1 cup low fat fruit custard
    60 minutes walk

8. muscat99

muscat99 New IL'ite

My score for today is 3, reporting score 110.

My ending BMI is 23.3. Still in the overweight category, but much better than my starting BMI.

Ending health age, 29, and lifestyle score 86.

I have really made a conscious effort to be healthier this month, and I've found that small changes have made a big difference. I plan to continue eating healthy and exercising on a daily basis. I'll have treat days...instead of treats all day long!

Thank you for encouraging all of us with this competition.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Reporting Score for the day: 102.8
    My score for the day: 3.0

Well, this is my last update for this Get in Shape 2010 program.
    Thank you once again everybody. It has surely been a good
    disciplined habit over this month for me. I did have my days of indulgence
    but I was very conscious about everything in general. Feels good
    at the end of the day to know that I was able to do atleast this much.
    Would like to continue this healthy lifestyle further.

10. Stars

Stars Junior IL'ite

Reporting for 30th. Jan. in US on 31st. Jan. in Desi Dieter:

Total Score 106.5 but it should be 101.5 as Desi Dieter has again bumped my score up by 5 points for Jan. 1st. from 15 to 20.

Today's Score 3.0

Today's BMI 34.5 (Initial BMI 35.6)

Today's Healthage 45.7 (Initial Healthage 48.3)

Weight lost in January: 6 lbs

1) Exercise Stationary biking 60 minutes
    2) Water 11 glasses
    3) Fruits and Vegetables 6 servings (Fruits 3, Vegetables 3)
    4) Sleep 7.5 hours

About the experience:

Thanks, again, to Indus Ladies and Desi Dieter for this chance to be part of a group of people who are working towards similar goals. It has helped me and motivated me to try to stick to the 4 daily factors being evaluated - exercise, diet, water consumption and sleep - which has produced some benefits which will motivate me to keep up with these habits.

The net effect is that I have met my goal of losing at least a pound a week, since I have lost 6 pounds.

The other benefit I have experienced relates to my legs. I was unable to climb stairs or stand or walk for more than a few minutes at a time last year from May to September, due to onset of osteoarthritis in my left knee, and I have since then been slowly recovering those abilities. My rheumatologist recommended that I do stationary biking and January 2010 is the first month that I have consistently kept up this exercise, due to your challenge. Keeping this in mind you would appreciate how important it is for me to say that I am feeling more flexibility in my left knee and strength in the muscles of my legs since I have regularly been working out on the stationary bike for your challenge, for as many minutes as my legs will let me each day.

So, for me the benefits are already evident and I am going to continue further and try to achieve my goal of shedding another 80 pounds or so this year.

Thanks again, and all the best to the other ladies who have kept up the momentum of the challenge and inspired me with their consistent and commendable efforts.