1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Neighbours "Good Morning"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by deepasankar, Jan 29, 2010.

1. deepasankar

deepasankar New IL'ite

The morning started with sunshine with a cheerful Good morning from my neighbour. I thought the day started cheerfully :thumbsup and little proud about the friendly neighbourhood.

In the afternoon came another neighbour poking her :evil: nose asking for all the happenings at the household. I was thinking how many characters we have to handle everyday.

I wondered a year back when I was employed, it will be boring if I become a home maker. But the interesting neighbours are making my days colourfull:cheers.
    I realized that the people skill training I had in my office helped handling all the neighbours diplomatically.

I was surprised to know how most of the home makers have a full time spying job over their neighbours. Some time back one of my neighbours asked me about some conversation happened in our home. That was the day I learnt to speak in a low tone at my own home.

The interesting part comes at the end of the day when there will be a conference in one of the home and they will be inviting each other. Most of them will join the conversation with awe.:drowning If they do not diplomatically deny the invitation the day’s topic will be them. By end of the conversation the whole idea of the neighbour hood that we perceived in the morning might be changed.

I like to appeal to them to engage themselves in something useful instead hurting every body’s personal feeling with a smiling:hiya “Good Morning”.

sindmani likes this.

2. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Deepa,
    Neighbours can make or break your stay at home. I note you are positive in your outlook , so you can keep your neighbours in bay even if they are nosey.
    I always believe we must be helpfull and yet maintain a distance. Some can be so nasty that they wont hesitate to make your stay miserable.

Just keep be friendly and maintain a distance it will be usefull
    Jaya

sindmani likes this.
  3. deepasankar

deepasankar New IL'ite

4. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    It can be quite frustrating to have nosey neighbours. Its a wonder that some people have so much time for such "spying activities" in this busy world ! Best thing would be to keep such people at arm's length and at a "hi"- "Bye" level.
    :thumbsup

sindmani likes this.
  5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Good one.HAHA

Well every one has nosy neighbours, but yours seem very interesting.If u dont attend , them u become th topic of discuission eh ! And yes we must speak softly at home, is the message.HAHAHAHAHAHA

Great blog, loved it.

Regards

kamal

sindmani likes this.