1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

JFK and Jet Airways Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by preeths13, Jan 24, 2010.

1. preeths13

preeths13 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I live in Minneapolis. I usually take Lufthansa when I travel to and from India: Minneapolis - Chicago- Frankfurt- Chennai. This time I'll be traveling with my husband and 11 month old son in May. My travel agents suggested I take Jet Airways as their service is very good, better than Lufthansa. We first liked it as it is a direct flight (with some break in Brussels) to Chennai. But we hear horror stories about delays in JFK. How has been your experience with Jet airways and most importantly JFK? Or should I take my usual favorite Chicago- Frankfurt? What do you ladies think? I just want a comfortable travel with my baby.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I took Jet for the first time two years ago with a routing Newark/Brussels/Mumbai/Bangalore and coming back Delhi/Brussels/JFK. The layover in Mumbai was a killer but the Jet Airways part was great. I like their service a lot. Next flight to India I plan to overnight in Brussels instead of going directly. As to delays at JFK, other ladies might know more but wouldn't there be new delays in Chicago also? I personally find JFK better run than O'Hare so I would prefer them to O'Hare. I think delays are also contingent on how you pack so be really careful on carry ons and also maybe give cash gifts and don't carry presents other than clothing or some candy...nothing that would give any rise to investigations leading to delays. My experience in NY is that when travelling to India it is far better to go on an Indian carrier as they are more sane on their procedures.

3. santasekar

santasekar Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I travelled to India in may 09 and my itenary was the same .......jet airways , jfk , Brussels n Chennai . It was the first time i was travelling alone with my 3 yr old kid . It was very very comfortable . I did not face any delays at JFk. I reached Chennai on time n even my return trip was an easy go . I would prefer to travel with jet airways . Hey the food they serve was also good !

Regards
    Santasekar

4. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Even I liked Jet Airways. Very comfortable and in flight reception is too good !

5. preeths13

preeths13 New IL'ite

Thanks for the feedback. I hope to get more people to reply.

6. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I am travelling with my 2 kids this feb 1st week fm jfk-brussels-chennai. this is my first time in jet airways. can u please tell me abt the transition in brussels. do we need to get down fm the flight or stay inside. my travel agent didnt explain much. and i need to carry 2 laptops. is that a problem now. i heard that there are new rules laid now from jan 2010. will i be allowed to carry it in my 1 adult+2kids tickets? any other thing that i could do for that...

Priya

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

When I went two years ago you had to disembark the plane so they can clean it. You have to go through security again but its not like Heathrow where they run you all over the place needlessly....everything is close and easy. You had better call the airline and ask about how to handle the two laptops...I have no idea. One thing though, Brussels is more thorough than some other security places....I had a teensy bottle of hand sanitizer that got left in my purse and they were right on it. My experience with the Brussels people though...they were very professional and courteous.

8. Swathi sara

Swathi sara Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Last year i travelled with jet airways. very good service. my sister in law last 2days before chennai through jet airways.she said the service was really good. good food.

swathi

9. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

I took Jet Airways from JFK to Chennai with my 11 months old. Service- 5 star. No problemh/delay at JFK airport. Excellent/Very helpful/friendly flight attendents. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup. I didn't have a bassinet confirmed but once the flight took off they managed to talk to a passenger to shift to my seat and got me the bassinet seat. They have some not a lot of baby food. But for adults food again is 5 star.

I would recommend Jet airways to anyone. :)

10. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Thanks everybody for your replies.
    Priya