1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wish list by the groom..........bride declines it!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by meena2, Jan 24, 2010.

1. ashwini999

ashwini999 Senior IL'ite

before you all start bashing this guy.
    why cant you just take a step back and look it in a different perspective and appreciate him for bringing this upfront before marriage,..it looks to me he is straight forward and know what he wants.. rather than some cheap cowards, who bring up thier real colors after marriage.,,,
    no one has the right to question a guy's side of what they want in arranged marriage...and i guess its the way they were brought up and every individual has their choice to live with it.and its upto the girl to select it...its not that am supporting groom' side, but i always look everything in a fair way..
    just my 2 cents...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. amlrekha

amlrekha New IL'ite

Hi all,

I totally agree with ashwini. She is right.

And some people have some decisions about marriage life, seeing the others life or bitter incidents happened in their nearby environment.

At least he told all he needs, before the marriage,

Thats very fair, I feel. :)

3. ashwini999

ashwini999 Senior IL'ite

thanks amlrekha..
    the reason i have to make my point strong here is that, there were instances that i have
    come across within my friend's circle, who either got married recently ,arranged marriage and others who were in hunt is that...they saw that the groom didnt open up much and was a completely different person after marriage with their expectations...

and in another instance, where the guy is well settled in US, and my friend and he had met, all he said was... he is not going to open up any conditions and ask her to open up with her expectatins and said if falls it in his expectations of what he is looking for,then will move forward..and eventually it didn't work out after she told out her expectations, and not sure what is that he didnt like it in those..

so,compared to the above,..i totally see nothing wrong here...when it comes to expectations, it's a two way thing and both has to open up..its like you are in a game, where you were given a set of rules...either play with the rules or backoff..instead of pondering on why do they have such rules..beleive it or not, by opening up his expectations upfront, he seems to show serious interest in relationship and marriage.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

I think both the man and woman in this scenario have full right to form expectations. And each have full right to decline those expectations and find another partner. Personally, that man's expectations would be too much for me and I would decline the match within five seconds of hearing that list. BUT, there are women who could honor his expectations... so I'm glad that he was honest with his demands so now he can find a partner better suited to his 'needs'. And the woman is now free to go find somebody more on her wave length. Best case scenario for both.

5. meena2

meena2 Senior IL'ite

I thought so too.:rotfl

Count your blessings!! Cool.
    I feel sorry for that girl and the son. How unfortunate the son is to have such a father?

Srividya, I am sure these kind of people who come up with such foolish expectations do not STOP here. Their list continues well into marriage and then the girl is doomed. Such people are only greedy too much.

Good your hubby is with you!:thumbsup

6. ananthy

ananthy Senior IL'ite

yes ashwini you are right, rekha and asg i agree with you.

i too think the boy did a good job in telling his expectations before marriage. though not all his expectations are valid. just imagine what the girl would have done if he had told this after marriage. atleast the girl had a chance to back off since he told this before itself.

i too have come across a lot of people who put on a very good face before marriage and then show the real colors after marriage. this includes boys and girls also. many boys and girls show the real colours only after marriage thinking that marriage is over now what he/she will do. "i will make him/her dance to my tunes". this makes the other person (spouse) feel cheated and ruins the married life.

7. rojaa

rojaa New IL'ite

i too agree with ashwini...
    moreover, the list that is posted here doesnt really seem anything out of norms, and all i could see is , he is looking just for a tradiational set up ...nothing wrong....and am sure
    there are many girls who should meet expectations of him,,
    the reason am saying is ,the list is nothing compared to what happened recently to my cousin..where the guy was a doctor,..and the guy' side open told my aunt, to get him a clinic setup and keep him with their family in thier house.......so these are some of more severe cheap expectations coming from guy's side these days..so compared to those, i feel this list is nothing...

anyways, i always feel,let people be expecations, and let men be men and we women be women instead of questioning why men are like that and why women can't be like this..as long as the guy can stand on his own and run a family, that qualifies him and rest its upto the girl to decide.

8. meena2

meena2 Senior IL'ite

GOOD ONE!!:rotfl:rotfl

I pray with you.

We should not be carried away by the fact that OK atleast he has come up honestly before marriage and not showed his true self later. If you see from another angle, What kind of a person he is who thinks any girl would like to walk on such a tight rope. In fact it is all about final decision being HIS and not mutual,so for a girl this sounds like he is seeing a servant in his wife which naturally scares anyone. Come on!! this is marriage. He needs to get past his greed and selfishness. Do you think for such kind of people their wish list will stop here?? It will go way beyond this first list because such people are plain selfish and cowards.

Does he sound like he is looking for life partner or more like maid??
    I understand that each one has the right to have their expectations but those very expectations should also not sound insulting to others. This guy sounds like a thick skinned, insensitive MCP and better he remains single than spoil others lives. Why do such guys want to get married?? Throw money and you get best service possible anywhere these days. I don't think he has any right to have any such stupid expectations for a wife.

Let us not tell that since he came up before marriage he is better than others who bring it up after marriage. Yeah, the girl is out of risk here because she declined but think this way "What kind of mindset he has"?
    Isn't marriage more than his stupid wish list?? He is surely going to marry one day and then his wish list will not STOP here. Some girls life is sure to be doomed with this guy and then we will see her here in this forum.:drowning

9. meena2

meena2 Senior IL'ite

Don't you see this guy plain selfish,who thinks that the final decision should be HIS and not mutual ??
    Our elders say that family is like a vehicle run on two wheels .......man is one wheel and woman is the other. So, that itself says how important woman is to run a family as is the man. So, why should we tell our daughters you are one step lesser than your husband. Why can't we say you both are equals!! Why cannot 2 equals live together in harmony? Does one of them need to be a master always and the other his subordinate? If so then what qualifies a man to be a master? These days even women work as hard as men and still keep their family secured then why is she considered any inferior?
    FYI"...Even the Border security force in India started recruiting women then why is the society not able to accept girls as equal to boys.............why?.....Plain EGO!!!

10. ananthy

ananthy Senior IL'ite

dear Meena
    nobody is saying here his expectations are very good. we are giving a general reply here and not a specific reply. we are only appreciating the fact that a groom told his expectations before marriage itself unlike others who "command" after marriage. nobody is appreciating his "list" here. but only appreciating the honesty in giving a clear picture on what he wants from the bride to be. this gives a chance to the girl to think whether she wants to be with this guy or not. whoever (girl) is okay with his expectations can go ahead. and whoever does not want to marry such a guy can decline. some girls are okay with such expectations and some are not. depends on the person. so atleast the girl gets a chance to decide.

cheers.