Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Re: Vella sadham, you are bringing back my old memories!!

It was my mistake coz, closed the page as it was all almost done and felt lazy to open the same to check again!!(oops...)

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thank God, I almost missed the post!!:-(
    Now we get such good brinjals that they literally 'invite' us to buy & cook!!
    Panchmeal dhal is healthy too!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Saras, very inviting photo!! The colour is just perfect!!
    So, week-end shoppings are for baking?? Sounds good!! Your photo with cutter by the side is a smart idea!:thumbsup
    Your last line makes ineresting reading!!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

4. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

Dear Madam

I am cooking for myself from last few days and tried a few recipes.
    ONE WHISTLE GREENS: Today morning tried with green amarnath leaves. Excellent taste and so nicely green colour retained. Super madam. I feel bad about me that i tried this very lately.once again thanks for giving this recipe.
    POTATO ROAST: Excellent taste. If we have a little bit time then this will be definitely a hit recipe in get together menus. I have not used vinegar but just marinating gave good taste.
    RAJMA CURRY: I had this curry with Jeera Rice and taste is super .I used freshly powdered Punjabi Garam Masala. This definitely enhanced the taste of the curry.
    MULLANGI MASALA KOOTU: As you rightly said it is really a good side dish for roti without using garam masala,garlic,onion. I liked this kootu very much.
    KOVAKKAI BHAATH: Tasted very well.
    ONE WHISTLE SAMBAR: What a time saving recipe. Normally i will keep stock of your tamarind paste,methi powder but never tried this before.
    This is going to be my regular sambar in the future. No compromise in taste to the normal sambar.

Thankyou very much madam.

with best regards

5. Chitvish

Thanks, Chidambari, for the FB list!!
    Onewhistle cooking has the advantage of keeping the flavour & color (too) intact without a loss in nuitrition & taste!!
    If time-savers work, why not go ahead with them??:idea
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Today for our lunch, I tried french beans foogath. Like you mentioned in the recipe, it was semi-cruchy and super delicious. I served it along with bindi morkuzhambu and olan. We had a very delicious lunch. It was a very good change from the usual beans curry. Thanks for sharing yet another nice recipe.

Love and regards
    Priya

7. Chitvish

Thanks, Sneha Priye, I feel it goes best with morkuzambu or vathakuazambu!! Crunchy is the right word!:tongue
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear chitra mami,

Tried the following items during last week

1) Dhal Paratha and garlic kadi - Very tasty and liked by all. I added little less quantity of garlic and omitted garlic again mentioned in tempering. dh who doesnt like kadi also tasted and appreciated.

2) Paruppu Podi(Dhal Powder) - dh likes paruppu podi and has requested me once or twice to make one (his demands or requests are very rare) , earlier I had bought from grand sweets once or twice, but it used to be too spicy for our taste and quantity was so huge. So now after seeing your recipe I made it today and was relished by him.

3) Made Palak Koora Pappu for phulka for saturday dinner. It was suprisingly very simple yet very very tasty. Loved by all.

Made gajar halwa in MW with delhi carrots (unfortunately I couldnt find any of your recipe with mw and without khoa). So used milk to cook the carrots after sauting in ghee and then added sugar. It came out very well.

Thanks for all the wonderful recipes

Radhi

9. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Yday's dinner was coconut milk pulao with rajma masala. Great combo and absolutely delicious both. Since both dishes are repeated for the nth time, it was almost comfort food for us :)

Today I made channa from the chole batura recipe, with puris. Great channa, awesome flavour. Addition of ketchup gave a nice taste. Loved it!

Cheers,
    Nithya

10. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Yday I made a fresh batch of sambar podi from your recipe. The flavour of this podi was so good the sambar came out so delicious. I made sambar with celery and carrot. I love your sambar powder.
    Today on the request of my husband made bisibela bath without vegs. Thats the kind my husband loves. Had it with appalam and kaddu raitha. Awesome taste especially with a dollop of ghee on the hot BBB.
    Cant thank you enough every single day.

Love
    Shobana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.