Cost of Maid in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Hyderabad' started by rekhatj, Jan 19, 2010.

1. rekhatj

rekhatj Senior IL'ite

I am staying in ECIL. And currently i pay 600 ( utensils + house cleaning + Wiping ) to my maid. And now she started demanding more (300 per each activity). so total 900.

And i dont feel it worth because of the number of leaves they take and the quality of work.

Just wanted to check
    1. how much all our Ilites in other areas of Hyderabad are paying ?
    2. If the maid does not turn up for a week, do you still give the full amount ?

Rekha

2. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi rekha,

I can give my experience here as it is the and may be one of the major and common day to day issue for me atleast.

My in laws stay in Malkajgiri,she pays around Rs400 for 2 persons for a 2bedroom independent house.

My parents place is near Dilshuknagar,there the servent maid gets paid around Rs800/month for 2floors of work.

I stayed in Bajara Hills,there everything is double the amount we generally pay compared to the other parts of the city,for 3bedroom apt I started at 1300Rs initially and with in 2yrs I had to pay 2000Rs/month apart from festive inams,gifts,advances with regular sudden leaves with even giving a clue,which makes me:rantbut keep myself calm as I am highly incapable with out servent maids help at home.This is one of the reason for my relocation from that part of the city.I pay full amount her even if she doesn't turn up for work for a week(this is not mandatory)

There is loads of scarcity for the servent maids who can trusted and reasonably neat n clean.

Hope it helps.

3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

in our home we are 2
    and our maid takes 500 rps for dishes only
    i am looking for a full time maid for past1 yr and found none

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

It all depends on maids availability in your area. Demand is invesly proportional to supply sometimes. In my house, we two and there will be one or other daily. I pay 500/- for dishes+clothes and wiping the floor daily. She comes twice a day. This excludes festive inams and yearly increments. She is working in my house almost 2 and half years.

5. rekhatj

rekhatj Senior IL'ite

Hi Lathaa !

Looks Like Banjara Hills Maids are more costly..in tune with the locality :)

And yes, i agree it is very difficult to manage without a maid especially if you are working. And yes, it is very hard to get a trust worthy maid who does the job neatly and cleanly.

But what surprises me is, 2000 is apart from festive inams,gifts,etc etc. hmmm i also give her 600 apart from the other things..

Rekha

6. rekhatj

rekhatj Senior IL'ite

Hi Lavii,

hmm 500 for only dishes looks costly..But again depends on the area.. May i know where do you stay.?

Rekha

7. rekhatj

rekhatj Senior IL'ite

hmm 500 for only dishes looks costly..but again depends on the area. May i know where you live..

And yes getting a full time reliable maid is very difficult.Iam also looking for one..especially to support my mom in taking care of my baby.

Rekha

8. rekhatj

rekhatj Senior IL'ite

Hi Priya_Mommy,

just 500 for dishes+clothes+wiping daily..hmm...and that too twice...a good deal..
    Even i remember our old maid who was working for just 300 rs for dishes+cleaning+clothes+wiping till 2 years back. She worked almost 6+ years. But later on, my mom discontinued her because of she being regularly irregular.:)

Rekha

9. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

i am at bhel

10. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

The exclusive reason I got from my maid is,even we stay here(same locality)and need to pay our rents,buy food which is mostly double the amt compared to the other areas.So its obvious.