1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hypo And Hyper Thyroid

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by gauridatta, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Geesri

Geesri New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I am also having Hypo. My doctor advised me to take medicine thro out the life span. We can keep it under control by taking medicines and regular check ups.

For loosing weight I follow the " miracle diet" suggested by the dietician in TOI Bangalore. It is very effective. I am giving the link below. http://www.lisamiraclediet.com/Home.asp

Hope it will be useful.

Geesri

2. vidhya25

vidhya25 Senior IL'ite

i had hypo thyrois TSH 10, for which i had to to take thyronorm of 100 mg (medicine), after six months when i took test recently my TSH is 2.35 (ie within the normal limit) my mediciation also reduced to 25 mg

All thanks to the power of yoga i could reduce within six months. Good luck all to all who have hypo - thyroid :thumbsup

3. ananthy

ananthy Senior IL'ite

yes Vidhya is right. yoga and pranayam helps to reduce the stress that causes thyroid problem.

most of my call centre friends have brought their thyroid problem under control by doing the following simple changes. which i want to share.

1. breathe in more oxygen. when under lot of stress the breathing is affected without your knowledge. so make it a point to check your breathing pattern every 20 min in a day. make sure that the breath is deep breath, slow and smooth flow. the blood pressure is also under control by doing this. this will solve 70% of your problem.

2. sleep properly. lack of sleep results in hormonal imbalance. most of my friends working in night shift and not sleeping fully in day time got thyroid problem like within 6 months to 1 year of their job. they were also drinking a lot and partying too much like weekly 3 to 4 times.most of the time were in over exited state. so be careful. don't do anything too much.
    before sleeping calm down your mind. don't watch TV/listen to music/late night partying before sleeping. it is important to relax the nerves. just lie down on bed and rest in silence.

you can try this: lie on bed, close your ears using your fingers. close eyes, now take full deep breath and breathe in and breathe out slowly. don't force or exert pressure just keep it normal. you will be able to hear your breathe sound. just hear your breathing. say "NO" to your mind voices and do this breathing for 15 to 20 minutes. this is one of the best meditation. you will feel totally relaxed after doing this. the full day stress and tension will be taken away. sleep peacefully after this.

do this daily you will find thyroid problems under control

3. take balanced diet and iron and calcium rich food. milk and dates is the best way to start your day. keerai, pomegranate, pulses, fibre etc is a must.

4. totally stop tea and coffee. drink only milk. milk helps in regulating hormones.

5. stop junk food, sweets, deep fried and spicy food. take less salt in food.

6. exercise or atleast walk calmly. yoga if done safely and properly will help.

7. stay away from emotions that make you hyper or over sensitive. like extreme anger, sorrow, loss of temper, depression, over exited state, high heart beat due to too much jumping/dancing/disco, loud music etc, shouting/screaming in anger/excitement, always tension,too much fear, sudden fright, talking too much, thinking too much, over working, pressure etc.
    such moods swings have been found to affect the hormones a lot, especially in the current generation women. stay calm and control your breath rate at any cost. don't let it increase or decrease. keep it smooth and calm.

so bring a good and stress-free lifestyle change to make yourself calm and see the difference.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  4. vijaysys

vijaysys New IL'ite

Thanks a lot ananthy,

I have the following:

Prolactin by CLIA: 22.40 ng/ml

Thyroid Stimulating Harmone (TSH ) CLIA: 9.54 uIU/ml

Any idea, what is meant by Prolactin...

Also, once i reduce the TSH level, will conceiving chance will be good

Thanks & best regards to you all
    vijayaRani

5. ananthy

ananthy Senior IL'ite

sorry dear i have no idea what that means. but you must have consulted a doctor right. they know what it is. ya i know they dont tell all the details. sometimes it is better not to know some details which will make us sad. so just get the medication as prescribed by your doc and follow it as instructed by him/her. there wont be any problem in conceiving if you follow it correctly.
    till that let us wait for some more replies.

stick to the medicine and take care of your mental and physical health. dont overdo anything. like work, exercise etc. keep a balance. since your body is already under stress.

take control of your mood swings and dont listen to voices of anger, frustration, fear etc which will be going on in your head. learn to say "NO" to them and see the difference.and stay away as much as you can from the devils "stress, worry and depression". take a positive approach and start to feel that you are happy. just imagine like " i am very happy and satisfied/content". this should not be any excited state. but just a "calm and satisfied" state of mind. do this everyday like morning and evening or anytime when you feel depressed. try it it works.

most people think that mental tensions cant be controlled in thyroid condition. but many of my friends have controlled it by saying no to tensions. so you can try it too.

cheers....

6. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

thanks anandhi. your information was quite useful. what you said about extreme emotions is true. normally i do not cry, but when i get too upset or too happy uncontrolable tears come down. ofcourse my eye doctor prescribed tears for my dry eyes, but still. less tears in front of my kid would be good for him.

one more thing. i get air popping sound mainly in my leg ankles, which i assume is the result of hypo thyroid in my body. any suggestions from anyone to reduce/eliminate this awful sound? it happens frequently for me.

7. ananthy

ananthy Senior IL'ite

dear Swtsvn
    thanks dear. i read your post yesterday and today i have asked my friends those who have thyroid problem. but they did not say that they are getting popping sound in ankles. their symptoms were different like extreme tiredness or loss of energy, extreme emotions or irritated feeling always, over sleepiness, irregular periods, weight gain, swelling in body etc.
    i think you can consult your doctor to confirm whether popping sound is due to thyroid condition or not. so that it can be treated.
    cheers ...

8. vijaysys

vijaysys New IL'ite

Thanks Ananthy, thanks for the suggestions
    I'm following the medicines carefully, Let me wait for the magic to happen....

9. skavithajaya

skavithajaya Senior IL'ite

Hi friends,

I have hypothyroid..came to know about this last week only. Iam overweight too..doctor prescribed to take Eltroxine 100mcg daily in empty stomach. Iam really worried and having lots of confusion regarding this...please guide whats the cause for hypo thyroid, is there any specific diet to follow, how long i have to take this tablet, will i lose my weight after having this tablets.Iam 24yrs planning to get married this year,will i have any problem in pregnancy or any other issues in married life.

10. ananthy

ananthy Senior IL'ite

hey mikesl, thanks for your compliment. cheers.