1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hat,

wow thats amazing good for you that the patches have disappeared. your compliments made me blush thank you, but it was all your hardwork. so kudos go to you. you were focused and determined.

Fruits are very good for the body, have the fruit at least an hour before your meal or an hour after your meal then only you will see them working miracles, your skin will glow a lot.

We are always here to help each other and share our knowledge with each other.

continue with your hard work and you will reach your target.

Keep me in your prayers

love
    alpa:cheers

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shenaz,

first congrats on loosing your weight, be focused and commited you shall reach your goal.

Please do not thank me, i am just sharing what i learn from my trainer and people around me, and would like to spread that to all here who are trying to loose weight. You have to thank yourself for doing a great job and taking the first step to take charge of yourself and commit yourself to a better and healthy living.

you are doing great dear, keep it up and continue doing it.

All i will ask you is to keep me in your prayers.

love

3. hat

hat Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shenaz

Thank you for the kind words. I would only suggest that you follow Alpa's advice to T. You will immensely benefit from it.

Dear Alpa

Thank you so very much.

Friends

Yesterday's diet and workout schedule:

7:30 am: Fenugreek with water
    9:00 am: Watermelon + apple smoothie
    9:45 am: 1 cup papaya
    11:00 am: 1 weetabix with dates, apple and milk
    2:45 pm: 2 tbsp of kuzhambu rice, 1 tbsp of rasam rice and 1 tbsp of curd rice. Accompaniments were bitter gourd curry, capsicum stir fry and pumpkin kootu
    6:00 pm: 2 oranges
    7:30 pm: 1 plum and 1 guava
    8:00 pm: 1 glass of milk

Workout: Same as earlier.

Have a lovely day!:)

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

my dear weight loss buddies here,,

i would like to share some tips with you.

when having furits have all fruits except, mangoes, chiku or any sugar fruit. if you love avocados have little of it not a lot, but have it in the morning not at night.

Avoid having yoghurt at night, it will aid in putting on weight, have yoghurt but in limited quantities, i used to have it but my body started to bloat.

eat whatever you want but in small quantities and still enjoy your food and your weight loss journey. Do not deny yourself food but eat in small quantities. have 5 to 6 meals a day exercise, if you cannot exercise then do brisk walking for at least 20 to 30mins.

If you have to go out for dinner, have a bowl of soup before you leave and eat what you want to there, if not do eat whatever you want to but hte next day go easy on your stomach eat light.

if you eat a balanced diet, have a good sleep, drink enough water, exercise and most of all be commited and disciplined.

hope all this helps and i wish you all a happy weight loss journey

love

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Forgot to include,

have pumpkin it is very good for the body it has a lot minerals in it and vitamins. Have cabbage include it in your soup, it aids in weight loss, when boiling you veggies for the soup add cabbage and celery

eat lots of greens vegetables, include green, red and yellow peppers in your salad, or any food you make, but eating them raw is the healthiest way.

include oats in your breakfast, have oats for breakfast, you can add cinnamon powder to it, crushed almonds and pistachhio to it as well.

if you feel like snacking eat a handful of nuts all mixed nuts that you like but a handful only, eat sprouts as well, like sprouted moong (green grams) they are a excellent source of protien if you are a vegetarian, if a non vegetarian, avoid red meat have skinless chicken, if having frind eggs ahve egg whites and once in a while have you fried egg with yolk.

love

6. hat

hat Bronze IL'ite

Thank you, Alpa, for generously sharing all the weight loss tips. It is going to be useful to all of us.:thumbsup

Friends

Since New Year, I have not been maintaining my proper diet schedule. I had said that I would be on liquid/raw food diet predominantly for two days in a week, but failed to do so the last 10 days. I think I am becoming smug and complacent cos now all my friends are saying that I look far better than how I was earlier having lost so many kgs. I am living in a nice comfortable world without realising that I have another 13 kgs to lose.

The easiest way to motivate oneself is to set short-term goals and reach them. So here are mine.

1. I would ideally like to lose 2 kg a month, which makes it July to reach my target. This is fine. I am still 78 kg. So, the immediate target is on 17 March, I should be 74 kg or less, if possible. I will check my weight same day next month to ensure I am on track.
    2. I will be on my special diet twice a week, no matter what.
    3. I will avoid going out to eat as much as I can. If it is unavoidable, will try to schedule it for lunch.
    4. Will continue to make healthy changes to my diet. From Feb onwards, I will be stopping weetabix and substituting with ragi porridge. If anyone knows any more healthy options, I will be happy to learn and implement them.
    5. Will do my workouts religiously every day.
    6. Will post my schedules here daily.

Alpa and friends, if anyone of you find me straying from the above-mentioned points, please feel free to pull me up. I need some dressing down at times.:hide:

This is all I can think of. Will update if I can think of more.:)

7. hat

hat Bronze IL'ite

Yesterday's food and workout schedules:

7.30 am: Fenugreek with water
    9:00 am: 2 tumblers of watermelon + strawberry smoothie
    9:30 am: 1 cup of papaya
    10.15 am: 2 idlis with gunpowder and oil (sorry:bonk)
    12:00 pm: 1 guava
    2:00 pm: 1 serving of veg pulav, 2 tbsp of rasam rice, 1 tbsp of curd rice with mushroom curry, lady's finger curry and broccoli chutney:hide: (I felt it was my last day, so binged out)
    6:00 pm: 2 oranges, 1 plum
    7:30 pm: 1 bowl of rasam
    9:00 pm: 1 glass of milk

Workout: Same as earlier.

Have a nice day!:)

8. rekarrajan

rekarrajan New IL'ite

Hey Kirti and Pinky,
    Pls add me in coz even I need to lose at least 10 kgs. I was 82 kgs and have come down to 75 kgs in may be 3 months. My diet was hot water early in the morning. Oats and sprouts for breakfast. Ragi porridge for lunch and papaya at night. Some salads in between but no exercise.

9. shenaz

shenaz New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Thank you Alpa for all your weight loss tips. I also want to say that women from 40 yrs going should avoid yogurt as it causes water retention in the body.
    My dietitian suggested that drinking coffee or tea also causes one to become bloated but also causes acidity in the body . If one cannot stay without drinking tea or coffee ..........then you can switch over to drinking green tea as it is very good for you.

My diet for today is as follows:

1 glass of hot water

Breakfast : 1 cup skimmed milk with 1/2 cup oats plus 7 almonds

Lunch : 5 small pieces of chicken tikka with mixed vegetables

Snack : 1 bowl of fruits

Dinner : 1 bowl of soup with 1 bowl of sprouts and mixed salad

before going to bed 1 glass of hot water

I decided to eat light today as yesterday went out for dinner :hide:

Exercise :

10 mins warm up

1 hr on cross trainer

10 mins cool down

Regards

Shenaz:)

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

10. reenu_praveen

reenu_praveen New IL'ite

hi everyone in this thread,

I m following this thread for last ten days I m very inspired n impressed by the commitment , support n information exchanged here.

I especially look forward to reading post by alpa, shenaz n hat.

U guys rock coz u have guided me so much. I had hit a plateau after loosing some weight n it became so boring doing the same old thing repeatedly.

After reading all ur posts in this thread I now know more varieties of healthy food to add to my diet so that food remains interesting for me.

I realised different combinations of things n balancing out stuff like partying today n going easy the next, eating foods that I like but in moderation, n loads of other things.

thanks for ur support.I really appreciate it.

looking forward to reading ur posts

love

reenu

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010