1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Irregular periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by prathi, Sep 21, 2005.

1. lindsaymohan

lindsaymohan New IL'ite

periods delay.

hii,i'm 27 yrs and i have a 3 yr old kid..My periods was always irregular.after the delivery i gained lots of weight and had hormonal imbalanceand got heavy long periods..it lasted for almost 2 months.. it was a mess..doctor asked to me reduce weight.when my son was 1 yr old i came down to my before pregnency weight (135lb) and everything was normal for 4-5 months.That time i started having back pain and it turned out as herniated disc..:cry: so i couldn't do any more exercices..delayed and irregular periods satrted again.. my doctor said i'm having progestrone defeciency other than that everything else is normal and suggested taking oral contarceptive ..i did like that for about 3-4 months.. but started gaining weight (150lb) and my back pain got worse.. i was force to do the back surgery..that was on aug 2006..after that i talked to her about changing the method ..she suggested using nuva ring..since then i am using that and getting periods..i dont want to use that anymore (bcoz of gaining weight,mood swings,stress etc) still i'm in the recovery stage from the surgery...i wanted to reduce my weight in order to strengthen my back..but i can only walk like 30 min a day .i'm trying my best to get everthing normal .. i'm also doing portion control and switched to organic foods..my current weight is 146lb.. if i stop using the ring i don't know what will happen..:oops: can anyone pls suggest me any natural way to increase progestrone hormone..do you know any medicine in ayurvedam or homeopathy to increase this hormone level..i'm in US .. pls advice..

Thank you

2. arch174

arch174 Senior IL'ite

Re: Menstrual problems - all doubts

HI Lindsaymohan,
    I have written post before urs....try some of the tips mentioned..they worked for me & other patients I recommended to..they do not cost u anything except time & effort....start with open mind..within 1 cycle u will surely find BIG difference..2 nd cycle u will thank God..believe me:yes:

3. lindsaymohan

lindsaymohan New IL'ite

Thank you for ur reply..i'll refer ur previous post..can u suggest a natural way to increase progestrone level..

Thank you

4. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

Menopause
    Common biological process when our body stops producing female hormones. Menopause normally occurs between the ages of 45 to 55 menstrual pattern will start to change. The durations will be shorter and the intervals in between periods will increase If no menses for about six months then it will confirm that menopause. Stage is reached. Process of ageing also catches our skin starts sagging, wrinkles appear. It is a natural process of ageing.
    Early Signs: Some of the most common signs of menopause include:
    Irregular periods, Drop in fertility, Hot flashes, which involve sweating and red patches on your skin that may last for around 30 seconds. , Vaginal and uterine changes due to the thinning and drying of the tissue lining. Mood swings and Depression
    Any problem a gynecologist to be consulted

5. Kavisriguru

Kavisriguru New IL'ite

Irregular periods after marriage

Hi,

I'm 32 years old. I have a baby of 8 months old. Before marriage my periods were irregular and was told that I have PCOD. I took treatment for three months. I got married and conceived immediately. When my baby was 3 months my periods resumed. For 4 months periods were regular. Now my periods didn't occur for this month ( for July). What are the home remedy to slove this issue. As I'm breast feeding my baby , I want to be more careful.
    Advice me with ur experience.

:thankyou2:

Kavitha GuruRaghavendran

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Re: Irregular periods after marriage

dear kavisriguru,
    your problem could be due to harmone change which usually occur during ur active sexual years, and if u are at present using any contraception even then this may occur, if u have had unprotected sex again this could be the symptom, even stress plays a very important role in the cycle of periods, it is better to take a pregnancy test immediately to confirm ur fears and if that is not positive relax, if u r breast feeding these things may occur and so the first thing is to clear up ur doubt.

even for u to take a natural stuff like herbs u need to confirm that nothing is in the postive as ur having a small baby and any untoward medication could lead to a lot of problems even with herbs...do clear ur doubt and post ur result then we can take up the natural way of helping u in some way..regards sunkan

7. Kavisriguru

Kavisriguru New IL'ite

Thanks

Hi Sunkan,

Thanks for ur reply. Actually as I posted that thread I got my menstrual cycle. Now I'm relaxed and going to visit OBG soon .

Kavitha GuruRaghavendran

8. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Premenstural Syndrome

What is Premenstrual Syndrome?
    <!--PHOTO INCLUDE-->
    <TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=1 width=150 align=right border=0>[​IMG]<TD rowSpan=2>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]<!--PHOTO INCLUDE-->Most women experience physical and mood changes just before their period, such as bloating, fatigue, or irritability. But for those who suffer from premenstrual syndrome (more commonly known as PMS) the symptoms are extreme, appear like clockwork each month, persist for at least two weeks, and dramatically impair their ability to function at home and at work. For women with PMS, everything is perceived as more stressful, and everyday distressful situations feel overwhelming. PMS is no joking matter, it is a real problem and not something a woman can merely use "mind over matter" to overcome.

Symptoms of PMS

There are many physical and emotional symptoms that can occur with PMS. To meet the criteria for PMS, the symptoms must occur during the two weeks before the onset of menses, subside during the first day or two of the period, and be severe enough to interfere with her ability to function normally. Some commonly experienced symptoms include:

• Extreme moodiness-depression and/or anxiety.
    • Bloating and weight gain.
    • Abdominal cramps.
    • Breast tenderness.
    • Irritability, easily provoked hostility.
    • Constipation or diarrhea.
    • Swelling of hands or feet.
    • Fatigue.
    • Rapid or irregular heartbeat.
    • Aches and pains in muscles and joints.
    • Memory and concentration problems.
    • Insomnia or oversleeping.
    • Changes in appetite such as cravings or overeating.
    • Headaches.
    Causes of PMS

PMS is mediated by hormones produced by the body and neurotransmitters in the brain. Women who have a family or personal history of depression or postpartum depression can be more susceptible to having PMS.

Changes in Lifestyle Can Help Alleviate Symptoms

If a woman experiences mild symptoms of PMS, there are simple changes in lifestyle that can bring some relief:

• Increasing aerobic exercise, for example brisk walking, jogging, or swimming.
    • Changes in diet, including limiting caffeine, salt, and sugar; eating complex carbohydrates, such as grains, fruits, vegetables; eating low-fat, low-protein foods; consuming adequate calcium-at least 1,200 mg-the equivalent of three glasses of milk; avoiding bingeing and, instead, eating several small meals a day.
    • Nutritional supplements such as Evening Primrose Oil and Vitamin B6--which should always first be discussed with a physician to determine proper and safe dosages.
    It's a good idea for women to keep a calendar of when the symptoms of PMS occur, what they're like, and when her period begins and ends. Keeping such a record can help the woman and her therapist determine how her treatment is progressing.

Treatment for PMS

PMS is a real problem that a woman cannot just talk herself out of, nor should she have to endure its cyclical and debilitating effects. Women should not hesitate to get help. PMS is highly treatable. There are therapists who are especially experienced at helping women who suffer from the condition. Other effective treatment can include medication (such as estrogen-containing birth control pills, antidepressants, or hormone therapy). Therapy offers significant help in relieving the symptoms of PMS and addressing a woman's overall physical and emotional health and happiness.

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Premenstural Syndrome

Thanks Sir for the information which is useful.

Sriniketan

10. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Premenstural Syndrome

Thank you sir for such a useful information.
    Recently I have been diagnosed for PMS.
    I really feel very sad while reading this information.
    Why all problems come to women????