Ladies Activity Club Meeting March 2010

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by vishy, Jan 13, 2010.

1. vishy

vishy Bronze IL'ite

Ladies Activity Club

Hi Abudhabi ILs,

We are so engrossed in our daily routine, we hardly spend time on ourselves except for those regular parlor visits. I like to do a lot of outdoor activities… but the problem is… I need company. There are many options available out there… but I don’t take the effort to do it on my own. I am sure many of you share my view as well.

I was thinking why not start a Ladies Activity Club, wherein like minded ladies meet fortnightly and do some activity together. For example we can go for a one hour pottery class, a salsa class or even a handicraft class, a visit to a library or even a couple of games of Shuttlecock in a park, the exhibitions which happen in ADNEC ( as the weather now is so beautiful) and so on…

Some of us must be having some talent which the other person doesn’t possess. For example, Yoga or a flower making. Some may have the basic ideas, some may have even rich knowledge about it.. or there are some of us who wants to learn but doesn’t know where to begin… we can share each other’s knowledge here, in the process of making friends.

This joint activity is sure to enrich our knowledge and refresh our minds. If any of you are interested, please let me know. Share your interests and ideas in this forum. To start with, after getting responses, next week Wednesday (if it’s okay with others) we can meet in my house (or any other common place like a mall) to get to know each other and get the contact details.

Let’s try and come out of the shell…Looking forward to meeting you all out there…..

Vishy

2. kperiwal

kperiwal New IL'ite

Re: Ladies Activity Club

:cheers Great Idea Vishy...

I knw i couldnt come yesterday.... Looking forward to make it this time...To Start with I have an idea - The Weight Loss Support Group.

The woe of every woman. FAT and WEIGHT. I dont need to give inroductions...We all know we need to eat healthy, exercise, maintain a healthy lifestyle but most of us end up doing NOTHING at all about it except for this :rant

One amongst the various reasons is "I Dont Feel Like doing it Alone"

Thereby I Propose the IL Weight Watchers Club.

We could all meet up and discuss our issues and problems about our body...The battles we won and those we lost. Most of us start a diet but never really get on with it... How many times have we told ourselves "I'll start from tmrw" - I do it all the time :bonk

Well if we cant do it all by ourself then why not help each other !!!!

We could discuss healthy recipes, some new exercises, do some beach activities once a weak, provide mental support, motivate and help each other. We could share our secrets, discuss clothes, beauty, infact anything at all...:crazy

I have a lot of ideas on this one... any one interested - Lets Talk !!! :cheers

3. sapssy

sapssy New IL'ite

Hi Vishy,

I completely agree with you. We must definitely do this. There are a lot of interesting activites in Abu Dhabi but they become more interesting if we have somecompany to enjoy them. I am in for this. Let's fix a day for meeting first and then depending on what are everyone's interests, we can take up the different activities. Even simple things like going for movies is fine with me. I am also open to pottery and yoga classes.

How about we first meet?? Looking forward to seeing you.

Cheers!!!

4. kperiwal

kperiwal New IL'ite

Good!!!

Three to go.... I am in for anyhing Coffee... movies...books...shopping...anything... and this time i 'll surely be there

Lets get started soon... I hope other girls show interest tooo

5. sarithaashok

sarithaashok Guest

hiee m also a stay at home mom...luv this idea...pottery classes sounds fantastic..

6. vishy

vishy Bronze IL'ite

Hey Saritha

Welcome to IL. Where do you live in Abudhabi and how long have you been here? I stay in Hamed Centre in Electra Street.

I am planning a meet in my house next Wed, 20th Jan at around 10.00 am. I hope the date, time and venue is okay with everybody.

Vishy

7. ambs

ambs New IL'ite

vishy its a great idea .i would like to join u people but main problem of mine is my office....i am avaliable only after3 pm...except thursday....

8. vishy

vishy Bronze IL'ite

No problem ambs. As we have each others contact details, even if you are not able to come for the meet, I can tell you the activity planned for the week / fortnight. If the time and activity suits you, you can join us. We'l try and accommodate most of the people, who show interest in this joint activity club.

Vishy

9. mau24

mau24 Senior IL'ite

HI VISHY,
    iuv such ideas....u remember we thought of doing yoga 2gether.....pottery &yoga is great......lets start

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I am there on Wednesday.