1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post your queries on Siddha Medicine

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by charuchitthra, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidhyavenky,

U buy wheatgrass powder in health food stores. Add a tbsp of powder with a pinch of powdered black peppercorns and add 350 ml of water and bring it to a rolling boiling for 10 minutes or until its reduced to half. THe 175 ml of decoction are to be had as it is if u like the queer taste or mixed with honey twice a day. First on empty stomach in the morning and the next after breakfast or lunch however u prefer it. U can use fresh wheatgrass and make a juice outta handfull with little water if it grows in ur garden. I dunno if ur place in UK gets severe winters.

Regards,
    CC

2. shreela

shreela New IL'ite

Hi Charu,

My son is going for martial arts . His master asked him to take soaked Channa everyday morning ( It is for Protein I guess) and Lime juice with honey. Do you have any idea what is the idea behind that. After that can he take coffee?

Thanks and Regards,
    Shreela

3. tom&jerry

tom&jerry Silver IL'ite

Dear Dr.charu,
    Thank u very much i need it for puja going to in india at that time, want to postpone for 2days. any how i will try it and let u know.

4. charuchitthra

Hi Shreela,

Soaked channa helps to build muscles. Its protein as u guessed. Lime juice with honey is for detoxification and also help to revive and rebuild new cells. Instead of coffee milk with some honey and or health drink ll help his cause .

Regsrds,
    CC

5. vidyavenky

vidyavenky New IL'ite

Hello Dr Charu,

Thanks for your reply. I have now moved to Bangalore. Any idea in blr where i can get this powder. Can u suggest me the kannada term used for this powder.

vidya.

6. panno

panno New IL'ite

hello Dr charu
    thankyou very much for your reply
    I wiil definately take all food you had suggested. My height is 5.4 and I am 63 kg slightly overweight.
    I do drink a glassul of milk everyday morning with shatavari kalpa in it from last many years I am a veggie and eat only eggs (No other non-veg).Other symptoms you specified were not there specially I rarely had a running nose. This problem is only on my fasting days that too after any physical work. I will let you know results after one month.
    thankyou very much once again
    Regards,
    panno

7. UthraR

UthraR New IL'ite

Dear Dr,
    First of all I wanna appreciate ur service for ILties. Really great.:thumbsup Thank u so much.
    I am working as a software engineer. my age is 24. I'm little more than the normal weight. I am like this for the past 10 years, I shud say. I wanna reduce it desperately, especially belly and thighs.
    Am doing yoga almost regularly and learning classical dance too. My yoga master told me tat my body if filled with air and not by fatty substances, after examining me by doing yoga and the weight tat has been reduced when I learn (4 years back). now my body is not responding to yoga too, is wat I feel :)
    Am staying in hostel now, so not able to take food tat r coming under weight reduction diet. Mostly my dinner will be an apple or a pomogranate with 1 tumbler milk without sugar. Or I ll take a little of wat they are preparing in the hostel.
    My friend told me tat there is a medicine in Siddha tat will take out the air from the body, by which the body will lose the gas continuously for two days and hence my weight will be reduced. Is there anythig like that??
    Sorry for the big story I hav given and Thanks in advance for the reply, u gonna give.

8. subha04

subha04 New IL'ite

Dear Dr.Charu
    Let me appreciation you for the great job you are doing. Hats off to you.
    Its really a self-less service for the welfare of others. I have no words of appreciation.
    This is regarding my cousin who is in her 40s. She used to have regular periods (28-29 days) before marriage. She never used any postponement tablets. She got married in 2007 August. In the month of September she got her periods as usual but from October onwards periods became irregular. Initially she thought that she must have conceived but to her disappoint the report was negative. One gynec gave her medroxyprogestrone tabs to use for 3 days and then after using it she got her periods in Nov. Again Dec no periods. She went to another gynec who gave her Susten 100mg for having periods. She took 10 tabs each month like that she took for 6 months from Jan 2008 till June 2008 and was getting periods every month on using the tabs. in the hope that she can conceive - but of no use.
    Then she shifted to homeopathy which she is still taking. From June2008 again irregular periods problem. In May 2009 when she visited one fertility (she didnot undergo any IVF / IUI) center for consultation, after testing, the report showed a faint line indicating positive result. So dr. gave gestone injection saying that it will protect the embryo. She was asked to take the injection for 4 days and she took it. After 4 days she went for blood test which showed that her HCG levels are 1675. But unfortunately that same day evening she got her periods. When asked the dr said that may be implantation has not taken place and the reason might be that her eggs might be of poor quality. Now again she went to another gynec - old lady - and the dr. gave her duphaston tabs. to be taken from the 16th day of the periods for 10 days and also foliripe to be taken from 3rd day of the periods alongwith folic acid 5 mg tabs. She took the tabs for 2 months and got periods with that. Now to her bad luck she had to go abroad alongwith husband who came on a project to the U.S. Before marriage she used to work as a Science teacher and she is a house-wife.
    She got her last period on 29th Aug 2009 and till date she didn't get her periods. Before leaving India on consulting, the dr asked her to continue with the medicines for 3 months and if godwilling she may conceive if not just forget about conceiving - thats what the dr told. This lady vexed up with all these and totally stopped taking medicines except for folic acid tabs. She is much worried now as she don't know what to do in such a situation. Presently she is undergoing acupuncture treatment for fertility alongwith chinese herbal medicines - started just 15 days back.
    This is her history and her mother got her menopause in late 40s and her elder sisters are still having their regular periods. No family history of early menopause. But all the dr. she visited told her that she is nearing menopause and her FSH is 9.5.
    Now she is cursing herself and totally vexed up with her life for having such a problem. She totally lost interest in sex life. Before marriage she used to have white discharge also. Now no mucus and no discharge it seems. She is in utter confusion - donot know what to do or what not to do.
    Hope Siddha Medicine will be of some use to her. Doctor please help this poor lady by suggesting some yoga / pranayama and healthy lifestyle / habits alongwith medicines if any, so that she can start ovulating naturally and thereby become a pregnant. Her husband's semen analysis is normal - he is diabetic.
    Sorry doctor for bothering you. Any more info needed in her case ?

Regards
    Subha

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  9. charuchitthra

Hi Uthra r,

WEight reduction is a continuous process and has to be lost gradually and over a period of time. For ur info there s nuthing like a tablet that ll let the air out and u ll become thinner. If u r eating the right thingz and doing the right exercises it should reduce. Being cocnsistent in both is the key cos occasional exercises dont produce results. There s one tablet of garcinia cambogia thats readily available in markets over the counter that kind of slows fat absorption and metabolises more fat which might help ur case. Moreover undertsand that for ur exercises to work u ve to do it consistently and keep pushing up the limits. May be ur body is well accustomed to the limits u ve set right now and thats y not producing much desired results. Keep increasing ur limits gradually but consistently. Drinking lots of water can cleanse ur system and help in wt reduction and also using a blood purifier thats available over the counter like safi from hamdard ll help a little. Other than all this its just following the right exercises and eating the right kind of food that ll help. Starving urself off wont produce much results as ur body goes into emergency mode and reduces the BMR and thereby the rate at which the fat burns. U can also look at the model diet I ve posted in this thread long ago.

All the best and keep at it.

Regards,
    CC

10. charuchitthra

Hi Shubha,

Lemme be frank with u. Being in the begining forties without a first child might proove a lil harder for conception but its not impossible and it happens often enough . FIrst ask ur cousin to not loose heart. But remember she doesnt have an awfull lot of time to be slow about it either. As they say in movies she has to understand that her biological clock is ticking away and she really has to give getting pregnant priority over other thinngs if she is serious abt it.

From the history I infer she s having irregular periods whcih might r might not be due to menopause. But as there s no history of early menopause in the family we ll hope for the best. Having a Fsh that high might still indicate the other way. Is she under the treatment right now? Theres no time to take it slow if its indeed menopause. So she ll have to consult docs in US to see if theres a chance for any interventional procedures. Its not a time to be vexed. If she wants a kid then ask her to act NOW. Siddha can help but I dont think She can get the meds in US. So the best would be to have an evaluation now and see if they say its really menopause. If not she can take drugs to improve her chances. Can u please tell her its not time to get vexed but get active and act faster. GEt back to me on how recent the test of fsh was and her gyn evaluation was and also if she can get her meds from India sent thru some one??? Then we ll try to do our best.

All the best

Regards,
    CC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.