1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

interesting incidents........

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by asina, Dec 27, 2009.

1. asina

asina New IL'ite

just to relax and take a break...
    can we discuss some funny or interesting incidents that happened during our bride seeing./groom search process...am sure there will be definitely one..
    this is only during bride seeing or groom search process not the ones that happened during/after marriage..as we discussed a lot on those..

2. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

There was this one rishta that came with a form (YES! A printed form!!) asking us to fill all fields were mandatory...

And the questions were some usual ones like date of birth, height, education, color etc, but some were unusual -

Marks in 10th standard, Year wise marks in graduation
    Does she wear specs, myopia or hypermetropia,
    power in right eye? power in left eye?:rotfl:rotfl
    Marks in english???
    Can the girl sing?
    Interest in sports, indoor or outdoor!!!! :bonk

My father and I had a ball, laughing at the form, of course, my dad did not fill the details, and said I'll keep this in my file to laugh at sometimes...

3. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

awesome [​IMG][​IMG]!! what were they looking for ?? A bride or potential candidate for life long job :p

4. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

That was funny Harini...
    In my case there was this guy who was in the US. He was an IITan and had an MS from the US and was going to visit India after some 8 months.
    In the meantime the only job of his parents was to go see all potential gals n have evening snacks at the gals place...they told me this themselves that they were busy all the other days of the week as they had to see 1 gal/day.
    This guy wanted a gal that was good looking and studied only in top schools and the best part was that the gal should not watch serials...
    his dad was questioning me like it was an interview(went to the extent of asking for which client I was working for too) and then made me walk around to check if I could walk properly...I was infact waiting for them to leave my house.
    Another funny incident was told to me by my Co-sis...itseams one guys mom spoke to her over the phone and asked her if she knew any bhajans...she said she replied saying 'the only bhajan I know is Harbhajan' :rotfl

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi ramya and harini

that was really a nice one. cheered me up instantly. The joke "harbhajan" is classic too :rotfl

it is funny, even in these days, grooms parents ask girl to walk, and such things. "Pillaivitakarana komba molcharku"" that they can ask anything to girls or girlside!!!!!!!!

6. drmchsraj

drmchsraj New IL'ite

lol good idea for a thread and funny incidents, both of you! :)

7. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

ramyav_cse
    that was really hilarious i wonder what that mils reaction could be haha:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

8. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

LOL@Harbhajan:)) Too funny!!

For me, it happened when my family got me enrolled onto some mantrimonial site. In that process, I met my first ever prospective groom after talking to him on phone for 3 months. When I met him, he clearly told me that he was a Gay &has never been attracted to women and that was on this site on his parents insistence. I was shocke, angry and amused...and thanked god that this came to the fore early on..

I told this incident to my family back home and one of my older aunts told 'all this gay-fay is american fad, such things dont exist. His family should take him to Jaslok hospital and get him treated"..We all laughed at that and left the matter there!

It has been 4 years for this incident but I still remember this so clearly:))

I ended my guy hunt over there and swore I will have a love marriage only:))