1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Chemical Remedies to remove Cockroaches

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by manjiri, Feb 23, 2009.

1. manjiri

manjiri New IL'ite

You can use black pepper also in the infected areas.

Just pour some black pepper, you wont get single cockroach inside the house.

pour the pepsi around the sink or wash basin in the night before sleeping
    u can see cockroaches dead in the morning.

mix boric acid with milk powder and sugar with water make a dough . splash it in the corners
    within 3 days you will be free from cockroaches
    mix a cup of baking soda and sugar and put it in the infected areas..They will die instantly..

Take a packet of Boric Acid Powder. Mix it with equal amount of Wheat flour, 2 tsp sugar, 2 tsp salt. Make a dough like the dough for rotis. divide these into small balls, dry it in the sun and keep them in strategic places in the cupboards or any place you know that the cockroaches are roaming around.

The cockroaches get attracted to this and sniff or taste and fall off dead or half dead, which we can clean up later.

2. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hi,
    when i had come to dubai i was against pest control. coz i have sinus and i used to think i might make thgs worse for me. so for cockroach remdedy i nearly tried 80% of the thgs what u have mentioned. but what happened was the effect was temp. so finally after struggling for 4yrs with the cockroaches, finally i decided to do pest control.
    also i live just abv a supermarket and they have their store room down. so that cud also be one reason why it didnt have much effect.

zeenat.

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Here in the states we have cockroach bait stations which are little plastic sealed items and there is a cockroach poison inside. You punch a hole in them when you decide to use and then the cockroach goes inside and eats the bait. This is good because there is no smell and it is safe around kids and pets because it is sealed.

The cockroach will crawl back into the nest in the wall or wherever and die. The really disgusting thing about cockroaches is that they eat the bodies of the dead roaches so if you have an effective poison it gets distributed over many times so you actually don't need as much as you might for insects without this disgusting habit.

These baits have two types...one is a straight poison and the othe is some kind of a birthcontrol type. The second is for total eradication over a period of time. You can buy the stations with just the first type or as a duo with both types.

I suggest that you see if a friend can send you some of these from the states. They are in a little package not heavy so the post should not be too costly.

For my friends in India with roach problems, I usually carry these in my luggage. Seems a strange present but they seem really happy to get them.

4. annu1881

annu1881 Bronze IL'ite

Zeenat,
    WHich pest control service have you been using in Dubai, Can you give me some details? is it really effective? Thanks.

5. shinimkumar

shinimkumar New IL'ite

nice tips..will try..

6. royans

royans New IL'ite

Hi tashidelek,

Could you give me the name of this bait station, please... and the name of the shop as well? I can get some one to pick it up for me.

Thanks,
    Sylvia.