zoomkids in kknagar

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by revton, May 29, 2009.

1. revton

revton New IL'ite

Hi..I heard really good things about an exclusive high end playschool in kknagar called zoomkids. Anyone has any info on this? I hear the lady who runs it is very selective on the admissions?

2. fullltimemom

fullltimemom New IL'ite

Hi my child is an ex-student of Zoom. I love Zoom Kids, and the the lady who runs it Gargi. She is doing something she loves, she will continue to be true to herself and provide a program that she feels good about.

My child was one of the first student to join Zoom kids, which opened on Oct 2nd 2008. A brand new school. My kiddo graduated to PSBB pre-kg this year. But he still misses Zoom kids. I felt lucky and got more than what I paid for. It was like a home. What i like was the fact that there were, 2 ayahmas/helpers for just 9 kids! The main teacher was Gargi herself, everyday without fail. She wasn't just the fee collector, but with her U.S degree the actual teacher. This adult- child ratio is unbeatable. so all the kids get special individual attention all the time.

Apart from the warm friendly staff, the classy environment, the splash pool and the small size of the school (max student is 20 only) - what i really liked is the complete access to all the toys and all the books as well. They were all there for kids to use. I myself, hung out at the school as did other parents on and off. So we saw how things functioned at Zoom. In fact my older son, also took advantage of Zoom toys many times, as did other Zoom kids siblings, as well as neighborhood kids. Just check-out Zoom pictures in their blog. Kids are having a ball with all the toys.

As you can see I love Zoom Kids, particularly Gargi who runs it. The sweetest nicest person any mom could want for her child as teacher. My child loves, Zoom! He had a great time. He had loads of fun, even as he learnt so many new concepts and skills as well. He learnt to speak English as well.

Best part, my son now loves books because story time and book reading is a big part of Zoom. Books are right there every day for kids to pick and read. It is fantastic to watch my son and other kids, just reach out for the books, browse and talk about it. To encourage reading habit, Zoom Kids also had a book fair. Needless to say, my son chose the books he wanted me to buy. Gargi's emphasis on book reading is something I appreciate. As parents we all know building reading habit is such a battle with kids these days. Gargi has many theories and suggestions on inculcating the habit of book reading which i have found useful for my older kid as well. As she says, most successful people (whether they are politicians, corporate leaders or media people) are fantastic articulate speakers (a factor in helping them reach the top). They are great speakers, because of their amazing vocabulary and presentation of thoughts. And they all for the most part have one thing in common – a love for books!

Zoom kids has been great for us. Due to the family-community approach, with frequent family parties at Zoom, we parents have bonded as a close-knit group. So now we have our own group called Zoom Parents Club. Last year there were only 9 kids at Zoom Kids, so we are a very small group of 9 parents at this time.

As for my son, he will start Pre-Kg at PSBB in June. In fact all the kids who applied to PSBB have got admission there. But we intend to continue our relationship with Zoom Kids. My son and other ex-students of Zoon Kids, are coming back to Zoom, for Pre-Kg after school YELP class (Young English Learners Program). My older son loved the Summer Camp 2009 as well. Wish it was longer. Please check out the great pictures.

Instead of all the 9 parents of the 9 ex-students of Zoom Kids writing about the school individually, Zoom Parents Club has asked me (as a full-time-mom), to be the voice for playschools on this Indus Ladies forum and elsewhere. Which means any other comments about Zoom Kids made by an individual or group will be only hearsay. We as parents are not looking to advertise for Zoom Kids, but talk about our experience so others can take advantage as we did. I say this particularly since Gargi is very low key and does not believe in advertising herself too much.

I will discuss with other parents at our Zoom Parents parties, and post here as time permits. Apart from little snippets of what we like, I will if Gargi agrees make postings of happenings at Zoom Kids too. I will also request Gargi to share her book reading theories and strategies for other moms in Indus ladies.

We look to this as a forum to not only talk about happenings at Zoom Kids, Play School in K.K.Nagar but also as a forum for parents looking to develop the habit of “Book Reading,” among kids! Parents who have thoughts, ideas or concerns about kids and reading habit, please do write here.

See you soon!