1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

zero libido?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by loonypooh, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I nursed for 2 yrs and know exactly what you are going through. It's definitely got to do with hormones. It got better when my cycles got normalized again(around a 10 months post delivery).

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Poonam - this is a late reply but I blame it on the BFing. Atleast for me the libido came back to normal only after I stopped BFing (DS also started sleeping better then which helped of course) and its improved tremendously since. I wondered like you if I would ever be "normal" again but it was a needless fear. Hang in there - you'll make it through this one too.

V.

3. samairasmom

samairasmom New IL'ite

i understand , loonypooh!! i roo have a 5 mnth dd and feel the same about sex . i haev joined my office and get no time to be with dh, he is understanding too , but off late he has been pointing this to me and feesl that i should pay more attnention to him and our love life .. guess need to spend more time with eachother , i have planeed to go out of station with him , but ofcourse with dd along with us ;)
    lets see if this helps .. u too try something similar

4. JayaJ

JayaJ Senior IL'ite

HI Loonypooh,

I can completely relate to your predicament. Hormones and overstressed definitely!!!

I too went through the same phase after my first daughter was born. It seemed like my sexual desire had just vanished!! it took me longer to recover - about 2 years...breasting feeding, full time job, housecare, took its toll...i didnt have time for anything else...

what helped me to recover was a good break, long relaxation and some time for myself....
    maybe you could do the same - take a break, relax (maybe massage), take a trip down memory lane, talk about ur dating/courting time, remember the romance between u and ur husband....

take care,
    jaya

5. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey Pooh - Same here. DH has even started asking how much I have changed ... I think it is being stressed out and tired with office and home.

V - Did not know this was related to BFg. Will wait. Thanks

6. krozwindz

krozwindz Silver IL'ite

Poonam

I am ad and happy to see your pot here.. Happy coz i know i am not the only one feeling this.. sad because some of things said here are not working for me...
    My baby is now almost 9 months old but my own feelings regarding lovemaking are nonexistant. My relationship with Dh has always been good.. and we considered ourselves better than average in terms of lovemaking among couples. There were no complains on either side and we were nothing if not adventurous...But things have changed for the worse now.. my husband is still the same.. so i cant blame him... but i have changed.. even pregnancy period was good to us..

but after the birth of my baby i just dont fell the urge any more.. i am like a ice queen with no intention of starting or continuiing with lovemaking.. like the steriotypical wife i give all sorts of excuse when the time comes.. my husband waits patiently till weekend ( before we never had to wait for a day) but yet i can bring myself to get going and staring something... i feel so dead inside when the time comes to swtich of the lights...

my husband has been very patient given the circumstances of what he was used to and what he was seeing now...

It cant be that i am tired.. i have all the help i need to look after the baby,, a cook to cook meals and a job which gives me enough time to rest.. i left BF when LO was 4 months, so that has been a long time for noe.. also husband workd night shifts.. and baby sleeps almost all night just waking up once.. so i do get rest... but still i feel like you said.. if it is hormones.. shouldnt they have stabilised by now?

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

krozwindz,
    Why dont you consult a qualified medical practitioner? Most likely they can check hormones and give you the right medicine support if needed.

8. krozwindz

krozwindz Silver IL'ite

Sorry to sound stupid, but by medical practitioner , do you mean a Gynaec? I am shy to ask any doc, and I dont want to ask the wrong type..:hiya

9. pshanti1986

pshanti1986 New IL'ite

The problem is in the head. Bodily - you dont seem to have a problem. Its in the mind. See a medically qualified psychiatrist

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Please stop reviving 8 year old threads from the intimacy forum!

Lalithambigai likes this.