1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Zari langa blouse -Pattu pavade- blouse

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by artvani, Jan 10, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Lovely pavadai and blouse and the colours are also superb. Lucky child to wear those.

2. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

Vani such beautiful Pavadais I like the blues ones very attractive---The pavadis actually turn into skirts Shanti sis as the child grows,very attractively and perfectly done--feel like stitching some last month stitch one for a relation--did not do the top gave it to the tailors, thanks for sharing Vani each having a different frill:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

3. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Thank you all for the appreciation.
    Hi Shanthi,you are perfectly correct. Since the blouse material is thick I selected white cloth for the bodice.Border has got light colour.If the colour of the bodice bleeds the skirt gets spoiled.To be on the safer side I selected white cloth.This baby is just 7 months old..After 22 years we have got a baby girl in our family.Red one is my gift.My sister bought the other two.I have stitched many tucks.If you keenly observe you can see, stitching in the skirt comes in the middle at the back.Usually it is kept in the side .If I keep at the side I have to make a cut in the skirt portion for button stands.Which I did not want to do.If the bodice become tight we can attach a new bodice .if the skirt becomes tight we can stitch a top.
    I welcome healthy comments and discussions.I am still learning so many things.I always wanted to to tell we will not helping others by just saying " Beautiful " are" nicely done "I feel it is good to point out the mistakes or how it can be improved.

I have expressed my view about the selection of the material .What do you say?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  4. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Hi, Malliga shivaram border was not enough for the sleeves. so i thought of this design .people in our house liked it.!

5. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

one blouse is missing, mam! Did u forget to upload?
    The light blue (not navy blue) one

6. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear Vani,

Very beautiful paavadais and cholies for the little one. The colours and finishing are superb. where is the thrid blouse. share more.

ganges

7. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

I did not like that blouse so I did not post it..Even after stay stitching the material stated fraying.I had a hell of a time while stitching.Here is that blouse

Attached Files:

8. Gayatrivenkat

Gayatrivenkat Silver IL'ite

hi vani mam the pavadai and blouse are very attractive. kindly tell me how much cloth we need to prepare the pavadai and please share the procedure. thank u.
    gayatri.

9. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Very nicely done.especially the red one.

10. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

Isn't this brocade? Where are these pavada materials from? I'm guessing Chennai because of the colour combo.
    I think u cud have made this one sleeveless, na?