Your Opinion Needed

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by kavi5954, Jan 29, 2012.

1. kavi5954

kavi5954 New IL'ite

I am planning to set up a venture which will help ladies in and around Tambaram/ Medavakkam.

I am thinking in lines of after school care where we help with school homework and daily lessons for kids or in lines of a tutoring institute.

I want to set a standard institute where kids learn with joy rather than again reinforce rote learning...Todays generation are our future generation and with my kid in school i am disheartened to see the pressure on these kids..

Your frank opinion is required on what is the need of the hour...

I would love to start KUMON in Chennai but need to see the pulse of the people to see what kids need rite now...

TIA
    Kavitha

2. Nallaanlakshmi

Nallaanlakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi its great idea to start a after school care.
    Kumon is the concept from the west its main aim is to improve mathematical skills in children. The mathematics that is taught in western schools is much low compared to our Indian syllabus. However starting kumon is a good idea. Now a days in their busy schedule parents are working for 12 hrs and they have no time to look after children even after they come from school. What all children need is an environment that is completely different from school where they can spend leisurely and playfully. So what i suggest is to create an environment that children love to spend their time inspite of their homework and such activities they need time to play with friends and feel at home. Wish you "All The Best"

3. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Hi...
    Great idea.. i am from tambaram area as well... this involves risks too.. so my advice is to evaluate the pros and cons and then go ahead... best of luck.. do write in ...the progress..eager to hear..