Your Navratri Celebrations in Pictures! - Contest for the Month of Oct'08

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

Post the picture that best symbolizes how you celebrated Navratri Festival (or Dussehra or Durga Puja or Vijayadasami). It can be the picture of your golu (as in South India) or it can be a picture of your Durga puja setup (as in North India) or it can be the picture of your house decoration, etc. It is entirely up to your imagination, but it should be yours. The best photo wins a wonderful gift! It is that simple.

Contest closes 27th Oct 2008.
    Please post the picture as an attachment in this thread.

2. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Hi ,

The Theme is "National Integrity"

We have different religions but we are " Indians"

we have kept christmas (christians), charminar during ramzan for muslims , tirupathi (Hindu)

I had decided the theme but decorated by my daughter shruti .

prabha

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Here goes my pictures of my Gollu... The parks were created by my elder daughter Janani and the flowers in the vase also done by her.

Most of them are my mom's collection and passed on to me. Some dolls are 40 - 50 yrs old. My paternal grandmother gifted these to my mother and from then we have been adding each year. Though most of the dolls broke during transit but still retain a few.Brings back all nostalagic moments.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Some more photos

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

6. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear IL friends,
    Here goes pics of my golu. The main steps have been shaped as in Guruvayoorappan picture with crepe paper hand-made garlands. On the right side, you can see the Kuthuvilakku dressed up in Blue Pavadai(hand-stitched) and decked up with dance jewellery.
    On the right side, you will see a glimpse of Dubai, mainly Sheikh Zayed Road, famous for its Skyline and is the Manhattan of Dubai (From back to front-Burj Dubai, Burj Al Arab, Emirates Tower (twin towers in front of Burj Dubai), the brown mosque is called the Jumeirah mosque. World Trade Centre is the building with a round roof & small windows and in front of it is the Etisalat Tower. The greenery is an excerpt of Zabeel Park (where we had our IL family meet) which has two areas connected by a bridge running over the main road. Next to Zabeel Park is the Petrol station (EPPCO).
    You can also see the Metro rail line,(under construction in Dubai now), which runs through the city including a metro train, station & foot bridge.
    On the right side, runs the Dubai creek (back waters of the Persian Gulf). One side of the creek is called Deira which has buildings like Sheraton Hotel (extreme right corner). The next building is NBD (shaped like sail of a ship) & the Twin Towers.
    On the other side of the creek called Bur Dubai, you will see a small brown Arab Fort, which is the Dubai Museum. Along the creek is the Al Seef Walkway, which is famous Shopping festival venue.
    All the buildings have been hand-made by my DH, ably assisted by my children.
    Hope you enjoy seeing it as much as we enjoyed describing it to you.

Regards
    USHA

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Malathy, I did..

Having pictures in both places might not be good idea, that's the reason I suggested merging..

Also it would NOT be hard ain't to ignore that thread, as everyone for sure would like to participate in the contest I believe :)

my 2 cc

9. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi Lalitha,
    What a great golu collection. very beautiful. also am seeing the small 'choppu' sets after a long time. Brings back memories of my childhood.

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi ladies,
    it is good to see all the pictures posted here..all the very best for the competition...it must have been great fun for the family to put it up...great work..love
    Mindi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.