Your Favorite Time Of The Day

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

I love that time on holidays when everyone else is working! Pure bliss

Sinant likes this.
  2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Favorite time of the day: That last 30mins to 1hr before hitting the bed, when kids are sound asleep, husband still in home office, kitchen cleaned-up dishwasher running and you know what's going in the lunch box next day for everyone! Though there might be plenty to catch up in personal email/whatsapp/remind etc., calendar blocked back-to-back the next day, still that quite time brings you the relief of having managed to pass this day and there's another day to dawn!

Favorite time of the week: Friday evening - after getting done with the whole week of work, school, kids activities, grocery and left-overs in the fridge. Going out for dinner (or) having a family movie night with the feeling of the weekend is here is simply WOW! As long as I could keep the weekend routine/schedule out of my mind that's the favorite time of the week :)

Amica, Rihana and Afresh like this.
  3. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Since a week, my favourite time of the day is that jagged wandering in the library, a step forward, sighting something, a step backward, picking up something, reading the blurb, skimming the pages, and if intrigued, retreating to the desk to read further pages. Four hours past by! Random book indulgence. Hmm, this artist, this policy maker, this scientist, this practitioner, and USA had a Norton emperor?!

No chores await at home. No fuss around food (fridged overnight), no troublemakers with trite problems who insist my attention, no worldly anxiety. Uninterrupted time!

I have always wanted to discover rather than read since my childhood. Finally, after school, college, university, and work, having deferred my need to discover as only having read science and maths all these years, am able to revisit and flip those same books, very textbooks with no exams on my back.

upload_2019-3-11_16-17-15.png

Undoubtedly, the favorite time of my day, and the favorite and bated days of my whimsical life getting a hang of trigonometry and algebra and electromagnetism and fluid dynamics. As my mom used to cleverly advise, choose gainful education, earn fast, and then do whatever crazy you want to do in life. I am glad I had listened to her and sorted out my priorities in life.

And the favorite minute in that hourly indulgence is that text beep when I am confounded by the girded literature: "Chewbukka how many books have you chewed off." (Calls me chewbukka playfully to tease that I chew off books and then go buk buk buk chatty on return...do you realize ..do you know ...oh my ...this is why we have cubic equations. I never realized this in school. Did you?)

4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

@Novalis
    I don't know why but i just loved reading that!!
    I so want to do a soul exchange ;)

startinganew and Rihana like this.
  5. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

The ineffable "I don't know why" is my copyrighted and prefaced expression to convey a scratchy feeling.
    I don't know why but ..I often utter! (chatting with friends)

Afresh, you remind me of my youthful times from the yore, such joviality (!!) in you in that friendly interception --- no reason but a vibe. I don't know why.

The alchemical soul exchanges are expensive business! Come back tomorrow with three bags of gold, I would consider it.

6. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Hey,
    One day to procure three bags of gold is really short notice for such a monumental exchange ... allow some more .
    And to the reminiscing of youthful days , I hope it doesn’t turn out that we are batchmates of days of yore‍♀️

GeetaKashyap, startinganew and Rihana like this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

For sure, the most favourite time of the week is Friday afternoon.
    Here at my work place, everything comes to a closure by 2.30pm on Fridays...
    That's when we plan some time for ourselves such as shopping, outing, or even late lunches with colleagues. Its fun and very refreshing. Everyone comes home early on Fridays, and its a free day.
    No cooking at home that night.... As well no studies for kids at home on Fridays. Its the day we laze around the house, watch TV till late night and order food from outside.

As for the favorite time of the day, it depends....
    For me, it is those luckiest times during early hours of the day, when you suddenly get up thinking it is time to start the day, but your clock says you have 2 or 3 more hrs left to sleep.
    I get some unexplainable happiness during such times as if they were the bonus hrs.

startinganew and Rihana like this.
  8. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

Weekend mornings when the whole family sleeps and you get to make that long distance call and happily talk away while after an hour you get an earful that y can’t we be let to sleep peacefully on weekend mornings ....

Rihana likes this.
  9. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

My favorite part of the day is at night, 30 minutes before I sleep. I get to spend that time with myself introspecting. I'm generally very relaxed and thankful at the point of time.

Rihana and Yumna like this.
  10. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

That every part of my day is my favorite in which i am doing something that gives me inner peace at that particular time.