Your Favorite Sloka And Why ?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by salad, Jun 7, 2017.

1. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

ha ha pretty sure this is the exact situation it will be. I will be excited with happiness but no words are coming out, not sure what to do :yikes: Even after travelling hours to pilgrimage and finally reach there. I pray by closing my eyes, which I could have done at home. It is human nature! But there is another view for it.

Why we go to good restaurants? it is not just the food but ambiance. That make you feel relaxed and happy. Same way some temples are filled with positive energy and chanting. You won't feel to walk away from there. You feel to sit for some more time. Nothing but just sit and close your eyes. Embrace that positive energy. At least for me that is the reason I goto temple.( Even though I close my eyes :rolleyes: )

Again another good question. If I start with something else I will have a big list. World peace, no hunger, no pollution, equality but I am not participating in any modelling competition. I am not Manushi chhiller :partyhat: !

My question is to god ‘The creator of this universe’.:angel: I am pretty sure “He knows what he is doing”. As Sukha said I am pretty sure rest nothing will be able to make me satisfied, after few days/months/years I will be back to square one and regret for missing my chance”.:oops:

So my question is already ready! Why did I start my first birth? I want Brahmajanam and would love to join back.:biggrin:

Thyagarajan and harih like this.
  2. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

What you would ask? Now the question is to you! :wink1: ?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks.
    Oh My God!! that is good. that you got me trapped..
    Ok....mmmmm.... I...I....I.. would ask Him...would ask Him......"I need to be YOU"

Regards.

salad likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks.
    Oh My God!! that is good. that you got me trapped..
    Ok....mmmmm.... I...I....I.. would ask Him...would ask Him......"I need to be YOU"

Regards.
    :hello:In case, you are blessed with His apparition and you are bold enough to ask, sure God would be astounded; would rethink bestowing or blessing creations with B or K. By permitting you to think so profoundly, God has already blessed you with what you need and if something more is added to you I am sure you wold be pleased to share it with all IL'ites.
    BTW for your asking me what I would in case he decides to give me a boon or two, I posted my answer already ibid.
    thank You. regards. God Bless us all.

salad likes this.
  5. harih

harih Silver IL'ite

Hi salad,
    Thank you so much for, the encouraging words. May the Gods and Rishis give their blessings to you too, and to the many others in this forum, pursuing sadhana :)

As you mentioned, faith can move mountains. But for faith to work it's wonders, we need to be pure hearted, like a child. Most of us have deviated from that ideal. So here comes another concept, that I thought of mentioning here. We believe that the world is made up of sound energy. The primordial sound, that is AUM, created everything. And the pure hearted Rishis, through rigorous sadhanas on that AUM, came across specific sound waves that have the potential to transform the world around us, including our inner world, for the better. And I believe, some of these words, form the various naamas of the lord. Because the world is not really separate from the lord, by reciting these powerful words that constitute the names of the lord, we can effect changes in the inner and outer worlds, which becomes useful to someone who might not be as pure hearted as a child to have THAT powerful faith, but who still yearns to reach that purity through some dedicated sadhana.

In the Upanishads it's said, lord Brahma, through intense Tapas, came up with the powerful words called Vyaahruthis. (Bhuh, Bhuvah, Suvah). These same words appear inside the Vishnu Sahasranama. Similarly there are many other powerful naamas, that could be directly traced to the Vedas and Upanishads. Only the lucky ones, will be able to get the opportunity to learn and to recite these naamas. Hope I wasn't writing too much here. If so, I beg pardon, it's just that, it happens to be a topic on which I am really keen on.

6. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

ha ha clever. Let me know once get the boon from god. Then I can send all the list to you ;):icon_writing:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

jskls likes this.
  8. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Quite interesting. Thank you for such wonderful details. I really like to know such factors. I believe our veda's and updanishad's have much more such informations. Please share if you come across anymore. Never think you writing too much. I love to hear such factors. :) .

I am thinking of making a japamala and chant simple naamavalis. I don't have Tulsi plant (it is winter here and Tulsi died!). But I am not sure if I make it with normal beads will it work. (But I believe it do the base purpose.) When I checked in YouTube I saw people making with Tulsi plant, Lotus seeds etc etc.

harih likes this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

I don’t think we would be in any position to even think or ask anything.... If above all I could think or speak I would ask him to Take me to my dad ....

salad likes this.
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi, please don't think like that.... :(