Your Favorite Sloka And Why ?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by salad, Jun 7, 2017.

1. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Sloka
    Bagvad Geetha Chapter 6: Sankhya-yoga -TEXT 5

"uddhared atmanatmanam
    natmanam avasadayet
    atmaiva hy atmano bandhur
    atmaiva ripur atmanah "

Meaning:
    Your mind is the soul friend of you while it is the enemy also. You have to energize your mind, body and wisdom by yourself. No one will be there to help you out. No one can make u down without the consent of your soul. By your positive thought you have to arise your mind.

More simple or similar meanings.
    You can take cow to water but to drink cow should think herself. (My interpretation of Cow is mind here)
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

So we have to read good books to give good fuel to our mind. Listens to good songs, eat good food and keep ourselves neat, clean & beautiful. Need to keep a discipline in our life and keep ourselves as a symbol of positivity. In this human life there will be 100 problems. But every time we can’t cut the relation or run away from the situation. But if our positivity is high we can overcome the negatives around us. We can be our mind’s best friend. We can arise of all the problems and say "sorry problem I am bit busy with my positive side, Right now I don’t have time for you!"

Most importantly need to have some Krishnas in our life. Rather than shalyars! :)
    I keep reminding myself this sloka, whenever I run through problems. But sometimes I get stuck not sure what to do next! Then I come here in IL. Here there are few Krishnas :)

harih and geevee68 like this.
  2. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Tvameva mata cha pita tvameva
    Tvameva bandhushcha saka tvameva
    Tvameva vidya dravinam tvameva
    Tvameva sarvam mama deva deva

Meaning
    You Truly are my Mother And You Truly are my Father .
    2:You Truly are my Relative And You Truly are my Friend.
    3:You Truly are my Knowledge and You Truly are my Wealth.
    4:You Truly are my All, My God of Gods.

geevee68 and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Dear Sister,
    Wonderful question & revealing deep thinking. When God could not bear the ennui, he believed to have created Adam for the heck of it & when the latter felt bored alone he pulled his left rib to create the "DESIRE" by name EVE in zero zero hours. I think to some extent I answered your billion $ question! Thanks.
    God Bless us All.

salad likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:I have studied responses upto #12 and found interesting. Shortly I am planning to come out with a snippet highlighting the gains and profits I had following spouse's often chanted (as a sigh of relief) sloga/ Manthra " OHM NAMO BHAGAVATHEY VASUDEVAYA". It saved my hardship triggering an idea.
    Thanks & Regards.
    God Bless Us All.

harih and salad like this.
  5. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Om trayambakam yajamahe
    Sugandhim pushtivardhanam
    Urvarukmiva bandhanan mrtyormuksiya mamratat

nakshatra1 and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello: @salad
    Surrender to divine - a snippet appeared as a thread in August 17 is in context to the ideas expressed #2 to 15. I trust the followers of this thread had already read it! Thanks Regards.

salad likes this.
  7. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Lol, one way god created desire for his time pass! Which we are carrying for so many births. :tonguewink:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. harih

harih Silver IL'ite

I cherish each sloka of the Vishnu Sahasranamam. It is a great treasure that has been handed over through thousands of years. Sankaracharya, Parashara Bhatta and many other acharyas wrote their interpretation on it, which is available for anyone curious to dip into it.

Most importantly, whenever I mentally recite it, while pondering on the meaning of the names according to my capacity, I feel a great happiness come over me, and I don't feel like desiring anything else. And my intellect gets a boost, as I find that any book that I read afterwards, gets grasped easily. I find that it has saved me from accidents many times (to go into the details would be probably superfluous). I also experienced many other interesting things, but it is said that one should not write about the results that accrue from sadhana, so I am not elaborating much.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Mistt, salad and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

I believe it is all in faith. If you do anything faith and dedication miracles do happen! May god bless many more blessings in your life. Keep continuing your sadhana and inspire everyone around you :)

harih likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:when the event of your meeting God or Goddess takes place you are likely to be spell bound seeing Him or Her in all splendour and glory. you would remain tongue tied and eyes closed and only you can hear his words, "Ask for a Boon." What you would ask? your question mentioned above or something else and if so what would be that something else.
    Thank You and regards.
    god Bless Us All.

harih and salad like this.