Young House Wifes how do you spend your time ???

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by siababa, Jul 11, 2011.

1. siababa

siababa New IL'ite

Hi,

Before getting into the topic i feel like giving a brief intro about me...

I'm a 29 year old commerce graduate married to an IIT(an) and a mother of 1 year old cutie.....

We recently moved to india from U.S and we don't have our own set up here.. We are currently staying in his unmarried brother's house with my in-laws ( in laws are seeking alliance for him).

We were in U.S for 3 years and there i was not working and i enjoyed my role as an house wife. I was actually taking care of the entire house hold chores and i love to celebrate all the hindu festivals in the traditional way. So i was not feeling bored or otherwise i never had a thought that i'm sitting ideally without doing anything. Life was good there.

After coming here i feel as if i'm not doing anything useful apart from taking care of my 1 year old daughter. Honestly my in-laws are dominating persons and they don't allow me to do any of the house hold chores. They want to take care of the entire house hold responsibilities since it is their son's house and it sometimes makes me feel very very low and bad. They indirectly hinted my husband not to find a house and move out, they want him to stay in the same house. (considering the situation this is never going to happen, he understands my feelings and he is finding a house for us)

So i'm just curious to know what do the other ladies who stay in the join-family like me do to make their time more useful???? I seriously hate to watch all those serials and love to go to temples and take part in satsangs and stuffs like these.

Unfortunately my in-laws are the persons who are against these things. According to them we should approach god only when we are in bad situation and my fil used to tell us that rest of the time we should stay away from god. I just hate this attitude......

The current situation puts me to stay away from doing anything useful and his brother's house is not in the city... So if i have to do something like joining a yoga class, sloga class, gym or something like this, i need to travel my auto to the railway station and from there got to catch the train and reach city and then find some other modes of transport...

I Need atleast a 1-2 hours of time to spend on my own interest and i'm denied from doing even the groceries shopping for my house. As i said my fil wants to take care of all these things and i feel like doing nothing at home. Though this is going to be a temporary situation ( i hope so and i don't know how long i go to live in this situation, since we finding a house in chennai is not so easy) i just want you all to pour some suggestions to how to make myself busy and keep myself happy......

2. Manishaagrawal

Manishaagrawal New IL'ite

Hi Siababa
    I am a stay at home mom to a 2yr daughter.Married to a govt. employee with all in transferable job so I prefer not to work.However even I feel as if I am not doing anything worthy sitting at home.So I do some creative work such as stitching,hand embroidery,knitting,etc. and post them on my blog.
    I suggest you to try these things if you have interest in them.You could sew some dress for your kid or do some embellishment on the dresses.
    Seeing you on this forum gives me an idea that you have access to internet at home.So you could spend your time reading something of your interest on the net.you could also assist your mil in cooking.You must be having a room for yourself atleast so you could arrange it and keep your kids things at proper place.1 yr old tends to throw away everything.
    take care and be happy
    Manisha

3. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Hey siababa

Pursue your higher studies...it will be good for u

sravani

4. Diamond4u

Diamond4u New IL'ite

Hey
    I am mother of two. I advice you to take just 200 rupees and spend 2 weekdays with it. it will surprise you how creative you could get in utilizing it and share your experience in a blog.
    Diamond4u