1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Young at heart though physically old!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Mar 29, 2016.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Young at heart though physically old!

Time and again I have seen this quote shared by many people and also age is only a number. Can this give solace to a person who becomes physically completely dependent on others.
    Perhaps you may be wondering why I brought out this topic.

My cousin (uncle's son) has been admitted in Dr Rajkumar's Lifeline hospital at Chennai last Tuesday. He is a diabetic patient and lives in Srikalahasthi. The small finger in his left leg got infected and he was treating it since a month at Kalahasthi and Tirupathi, but he couldn't get it cured and was told to get it treated at Chennai. We are visiting him daily when he informed us last Wednesday. The doctor told him on Saturday that the little finger and also the next one to be amputated or else the infection will spread out. Yesterday morning the surgery was performed and we are keeping our fingers crossed and praying to the Lord that he should get well soon and there should not be more damage to his health.

I feel only a healthy body could have a healthy mind and which in turn keep a person happy. Just being young at heart won't help us to feel young and happy. Physical fitness is more important to feel young at heart.

sindmani likes this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pushpa mami sorry to hear about your uncle's son. My prayers for him to get well soon .

3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa,
    we wish the patient speedy recovery.

Jayasala 42

4. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa,

My mom who is a diabetic had a bedsore which was in the size of a small Apple. Believe it not after dressing the wound continuously for 3 months it was completely cured. Diabetics have to be e extremely careful about their diet, wounds and infections arising due to high sugar levels. Will pray to God for the patient's speedy recovery.
    Agatha83

sindmani and KashmirFlower like this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Agatha,
    He lost his wife few years ago and his eye sight is also affected by glaucoma. He has two elder sisters who are above 80 years and so he was not given proper care. Only two friends were helping him and they only brought him to Chennai and got him admitted in the hospital.
    Thanks for praying for his speedy recovery.
    PS

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@PushpavalliSrinivasan, my prayers are with your cousin for a speedy recovery. Life is really hard for the elderly living alone. :worried:

KashmirFlower likes this.
  8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Thank you Amica for your prayers for speedy recovery!
    PS

Amica likes this.