1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Dressing Style For A Beach Vacation??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anika987, Nov 25, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

If you have noticed my threads I was asking abt vacations and we are finally booked to go to Maui!!am very excited!

I brought some clothes online some 5 or 6 within $100.I don't know if it is too much or less.some of the style I will wear only on a vacation and not on day to day wear.

1)am contemplating whether to return those clothes and go with normally what I wear..

2) Does anyone even shop for a vacation?or they wear what they have?

Just wanted to know ur vacation dressing style and how much you spend?just to ease my guilt:)

remyajohn and KashmirFlower like this.

2. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

It's hard to stop from not buying clothes for vacation....while you are waiting and dreaming how you are going to have good in the vacation. :)

Our last vacation was a beach vacation so I did buy some clothes appropriate for the beach and also for the dinner dates.... didn't want to feel out of the place.

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Can you give me an idea of what style you wore??i want to look good and stylish:)

4. remyajohn

remyajohn Senior IL'ite

I'd suggest you to keep the stuff you already bought because you don't go for a beach vacation that often. So, why not make it special?

Pack something comfortable. If you're into swimming, add a swimsuit to the list because the hotel you choose might have the facility, or you can even wear it in the beach. Also pack a few extra sandals.

An off shoulder dress or a top would be handy for the beach. And they show just enough skin, unless you'd want more exposure.

The last time, I packed lots of loose clothing as I thought it'd be comfortable to wear in the breeze. But make sure you wear them appropriately or something underneath. The wind was a little too wild and sort of blew my clothing away. Be careful because you don't want anything like that to happen!

Lastly, get a one piece dress for a special dinner!

Have an amazing vacation! :)

5. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

I suggest you to get long dress- these go well for day time beach and also you can dress it up with accessories and make it a dinner date dress.
    (You can use long dress as summer dress too)
    I would avoid the horizontal stripes, I prefer flowers or geometric prints- I feel it's more feminine. Also go for flowy types of dress ( avoid body con)- chiffon or cotton blends.

For the beach I wear spandex shorts with sports bra and maybe a casual shirt on top. (I don't swim or play in the water)

I have swimming suit 1 piece I don't mind wearing it in the swimming pool.

Wear shorts,sandals/heels,beach hat, sunscreen lotion, accessorize accessorize, accessorize.

Have an awesome vacation.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  6. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

I agree with other OPs ... keep the stuffs you have already brought. plan each day what you are going to wear.

1. Swimsuit if you going o beach or to the swimming pool in your hotel (you can go for 2pc if comfortable ), i went for 1 pc as I didn't want to show the baby pouch I have.

2. Beach cover ( when you are coming out of the pool/beach)

3. Beach appropriate sandals

4. Beach bag (saves you from spoiling your bag and it completes the look also )

5. Beach Hat

6. Maxi dress ( I had taken two as our holiday was for 7 days also you can wear them in the evening )

7. Take shrug/denim jacket / blazer as sometimes depending on weather you might feel chill and also you can pair up the blazer with the evening outfit

8. evening dress for your dinner date

9. A pair of good sandal to be worn in the dinner date

10. Lots of accessories (necklaces, rings etc )

11. sunscreen lotion

12. Pair of jeans / capris or Palazzos/culottes ( you can wear them both in the day time and also in the evening )

13. Linen trousers are also a good choice

Hope this helps.......... Enjoy your holiday

7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Superb ideas all!

One doubt everyone is suggesting dinner date dress..is it a dress code which is expected in resorts?

I have packed two shorts and one off shoulder tops,two maxi dresses and two sundresses as basic jean and tops..some
    Bracelets and necklace..

Husband gave only one condition..travel light:) don't bring the whole wardrobe

8. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

No dress code- but it's kinda nice to look a bit fancy. Have a nice shawl ( black/ grey) depending on your maxi. Pair it up with jewelry of expensive kind.

Have couple more shorts or have extra tees/ blouses

anika987 likes this.
  9. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

For dinner evening gowns, full length or dresses knee length were seen lot on cruise vacation and personally I like them too, looks very dignified too. Women look great in it.

shorts or just jeans doesn't suit for formal dinner. If The maxis you have are not expensive ones , you may want to buy one or two dresses. I am short , so knee length dresses looks good on me. If you are tall, invest on long gowns , you will turn heads!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    blindpup10 and anika987 like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Any tips for hair that get frizzy on the beach?

No selfie stick to pack? To take pictures and post on FB? I have DH take pictures from at least 5 -6 angles.

anika987 and KashmirFlower like this.