1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You can conquer MAYA with the help of Maya itself

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subrabidha, Sep 28, 2010.

1. subrabidha

subrabidha Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]You can conquer MAYA with the help of Maya itself. We can realize this with an example.
    An old man had 3 sons and he wrote a will and died. According to that will the 17 elephants which he had, can be divided among his 3 sons as follows: Elder son will get 2/3 share; second son will get 1/3 share and the last will get 1/9 share. Sons were irrational and they were so stubborn to get exact share ie 8 ½ elephants for the eldest son and so on. Raja came there and enquired about the problem. He made his elephant also stand with their elephants so that the total becomes 18. According to the will eldest son has 2/3 share and got 9 elephants; second son has 1/3 share ie 6 and the third son gets 2.The sons were very happy. Raja took the remaining elephant, his own elephant and left. Here the extra elephant ie Raja’s elephant is MAYA…. It helps to divide the elephants without participation
    [/JUSTIFY]

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Little difficult for me to understand this blog. I am not very well versed with Vedanta etc. Can you please explain to me again? sorry.

3. subrabidha

subrabidha Silver IL'ite

please read its continuation post.yesterday i posted in haste.