1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are What You Think - Valarppom Thannambikkai - 12

Discussion in 'Sundays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 20, 2007.

1. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

I agree with you. Needed seed for thought and to put it to practice.

Thanks a lot and Good read!
    -Anusha

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You are welcome, Anusha.
    did you get the book?
    regards,
    sridhar

3. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

Yep, we got the book the very next day. Thanks a lot.
    Appa, Amma's initial reactions were that the story is tooo good...and my dad has read it twice and mom, once. However, I am to sit with them to assimilate thier feedback. :)

Will do that soon...

Cheers,
    -Anusha

4. varalotti

Thanks, Anusha. My regards to your parents.
    And did you read the negative comments I got from one of my friends for that novel here in IL?
    Read those comments and then listen to your parents.
    love,

sridhar

5. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

The negative feedback for the novel "The Price" ? Can you get me the name of the person, so that I can look up for the feedback?

-Anusha

6. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sridhar sir,
    Just now saw this wonderful post of yours...bonk
    It reminded me of this story...

A group of tiny frogs in a deep well tried to jump out...As they were jumping and climbing a metal rod...other frogs that watched from above, kept commenting that ...its dangerous trying to leap so much...it could kill.. Hearing this, some frogs died on the spot fearing death. Some gave up trying..There was one little frog that tried continuously and was successful in leaping out.
    It was discovered later that this frog was deaf...and so wasn't affected by all the negative comments...

You have rightly said..we are what we think...........

7. varalotti

Hello Saraswathi,

thanks for those nice words. And yes, that frog story is a very apt comparison here.

thanks once again.
    love,
    sridhar

8. krithiks

krithiks New IL'ite

Hello Mr.Varalotti,
    Yes, I agree with you totally, we are what we think, we are also what we eat and talk!
    I'd like to share a personal anecdote. In my undergraduate, there was this course on Thermodynamics and it was dreaded by many students. I was promptly told by a couple of seniors that it is sooo very hard and impossible to learn well. I took their word for it and never did well in the class.
    The irony is that I teach the same course now and I often wonder why I quaked in my shoes like that?! Every time now I'm told something is hard to do, I remind myself of my earlier foolishness.

By the way, Mr.Varalotti, this is my first post here and I must admit I have become a fan of your writings. Will you believe if I say that I spent the entire day yesterday going over "Wednesdays and Saturdays" posts..
    In the process, I have also become an admirer of clear-minded people like Vandhana, Vidya24, Kamla, Chithra just to name a few. The topics are well chosen and well-written and are evenly matched by the discussion that follows. I'm already addicted and I guarantee you'll see me quite often out here.

Thanks
    Krithika

9. varalotti

Dear Krithika,

I am quite honoured to see your very first post in the site in my forum in response to by post. Thanks a lot.

Welcome to Indusladies. This is a wonderful community and you have made the right decision to join us here. I wish you a very nice time here in this site.

Though I am a commerce student, I know how difficult is Thermodynamics. I have read about the second law of Thermodynamics and the spiritual dimension it has.

When I was doing my CA course I found a particular chapter in Cost Accounting very hard. There were not many teachers in our place who could teach me. And then one of my friends came to me and said, "Sridhar, can you teach this chapter in Cost Accounting for me?"
    That was exactly the chapter which I have been founding very difficult to grasp. I could not say No to my friend who had come a long way to learn from me.
    I just said a small prayer and opened the book. When I was explaining the concepts to him, suddenly everything became clear. My ignorance was gone. My friend thanked me profusely for 'teaching a very difficult chapter in cost accounting.'
    Many years later I understood what happened. When you happen to teach something to someone you start with the premise, "I know" because you can't teach what you don't know. That I know feeling ensures that you actually know. For the Universe responds to your positive belief in a positive way.
    Thanks for the nice words about my writings.
    I am currently writing a serial story here in this site. I am giving below the links to the first episode of the story.

A LOVE STORY - Episode 1
    If you find it interesting you may continue with the other episodes. As of yesterday (14th sep, 2008) I have posted 10 episodes.

Have a nice time in IL,
    love,
    sridhar

10. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

-1 from my FB Outstanding.

Dear Sridhar!

Hari Om.
    Nallethe nenecha nallethe nadakum. Kadavul melle barathe podhuthu nimmathiya irru. That is what adults tell the young ones during difficult times. Those simple words never fail to make us feels better. I remember a story I heard from a Guruji. He says that there will always a devathai with each of us. Whatever we said or think she will bless us “Apadhiyee nadakhethum”. If we think good things then good things will happen to us and same goes to the other way around. I dun know how true it was. But that has made me to set my mind to think optimistically always and I admit my life has changed to much better. You have brought up the matter in even better way. I really enjoy and had good laugh reading the lizard story. Like people said, arasiyil vathikku pessa kathukuduke vendhiyethu ille, Athe Mathiri Kathai Asiriyarukku Kathai Sole Kathu Kudukeva Vendhum?

Think Good, Be Good and Do Good!

With Love,
    vashini

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008