1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Never Too Old To Set Another Goal Or To Dream A New Dream

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 11, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Those days have gone when everyone used to think that they are old and they cant do anything except looking after their family and their needs. In this modern world every woman has to be independent even after sixty. So many housewives who depended on their husband for everything and never did any outside work had to learn everything and do those jobs after their husband expired since thier chldren are abroad and they have to take care of themselves and though the children call them to come and stay with them they dont want to go leaving their house where they have sweet memories. They like to go for one month or more to see them and enjoy with them and grandchildren.

The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which means never losing enthusiasm. We should have hope in everything because it is the greatest gift , it inspires us to keep trying, learning , lving and living. There are people who have learnt after sixty and did something great. My husband and his friends who all are above 70 are so active and go to help when someone expires. The oldest among them is 93 years old and has pacemaker and still active and independent. His wife is no more so he takes care of the house when his son and dil go to office. Evenings all these people meet in a garden and spend their time. Many who have lost their jobs have become caterers and keep themselves busy.

When I was going to retire after working for 38 years I used to think what I would do sitting at home but thanks to my children who taught me about yahoo, facebook etc and since I had learnt computer while working it was not difficult to learn. Thanks to my daughter who told me about this loving family Indusladies that I keep myself busy and learnt to write and glad next year I will be completing 10 years. Now after my cataract operation two years back I am able to do jewellery and other creative items. Of late I have done so many jewellery and yesterday my husband was saying you atleast give to someone otherwise one day someone will come and take all the jewellery. Many have told me to display in exhibition or take orders. I feel I have not become so perfect to take orders. My husband was saying try giving in small shops to sell. We dont know what tomorrow holds for us , if God will s and if I get the opportunity and people like my work might be I can also think of selling, though I cant take orders because I do it in my past time and if I take order I have to finish time which I think will not be possible. We have so many girl children in my husband's family I can gift them, already some have relatives have asked to sell to them and I told them I will give them as gift. I have my grandchildren too so keeping for them too. I am also interested in wearing. In my young ager I could not afford to buy dresses , sarees , jewellery etc which I am fulfillingnow at this age and dont bother about what people will say. Wearing jewellery made by me is something great .

Success is a tasty dish. Patience , intelligence, talent and ability are its ingredients but hard work is that little salt that makes it delicious. For reaching any goal we have to work hard put all are efforts in it then only we will be successful. While leaving this world I can be happy that I was useful for my family , office . When I see others children I feel whether I have done good for my children but bringing them up was a difficult task as I was a working woman and after 33 yrs only I got 3 children within a gap of three and a half years. By God's grace and with my husband's support I could bring them up. Miss anything for your best life but dont miss your best life for anything

If we follow these quotes we can succeed in life

Decide what matters most to you and do it. Decide who matters the most to yu and make time to spend with them. Decide to be happy and be happy

Never change your oriiginality for the sake of others. Because noone can play your role better than you. so be yourself . You are the best

In the end its not the years in your life that counts its the life in your years

None are so old as those who have outlived enthrusiasm

You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt, as young as your self confidence, as old as your hope and despair

2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

wah wah :worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2: same as my thought

I am fulfillingnow at this age and dont bother about what people will say. Wearing jewellery made by me is something great .

According to me As poetic lines say.. get aged by body not my heart always feel young :D

Never change your oriiginality for the sake of others. Because no one can play your role better than you. so be yourself . You are the best

this is exactly my thought too super g watevr you said was true... if i cant who else can play as good as me :D

Decide what matters most to you and do it. Decide who matters the most to yu and make time to spend with them. Decide to be happy and be happy

hmm this is only taking time.. i wanna get bank job and go and stay with my parents they are 60's i wana take care of them... as soon as possible... i am trying hard but some they need reference... some need money in lakhs ... its taking time.. i am a kind of person who want to get success through my talent but they need money than talent.. trying for government exams :( last time missed by one mark this time gonna try harder i work full time no time to read lets see fingers crossed ohh miss my parents have to win fighting :D

very nice post super one

iyerviji and vaidehi71 like this.
  3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    Mami,
    So true of whatever you had written.
    Take care,
    Vaidehi

iyerviji and Caide like this.
  4. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vijima,

Seriously very true! As I mentioned in my other post, age is just a number. Being young at heart is what really matters. You know, your post makes me think of this old grandpa who used to be my neighbor. He was retired but never satisfied with sitting idle. He did his PHD post his retirement. I loved his attitude. To him, personal satisfaction was more important than doing things for the sake of doing.

He is my inspiration for my education. I still cherish this dream of becoming a chartered accountant. I am sure I will complete it, be it even if I have to study for it alongside my kids.

There is always a needy girl child in your neighborhood slum. IF you could make it till there and those kids cherish these things a lot. (sorry was a part of NSS team. Those habits are hard to let go). Your creation will be her most beautiful treasured gift.

I just loved this quote of yours. Very very nice one.

As always a beautiful snippet Vijima. In fact, you are an inspiration to a lot of our youngsters here in IL. Your enthusiasm and the energy, the passion that you have towards everything that you do and the experiences that you quote in the way of snippets are too valuable.

Thank you for sharing!

sindmani and iyerviji like this.
  5. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

Very nicely written..thank you..it indeed boosts us :)

iyerviji likes this.
  6. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear vijimaami,
    again, a very positive post full of enthusiasm. With such an attitude, there will be no room for any gloom. Lot of things we can learn from you :blush:

sindmani and iyerviji like this.
  7. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Wow aunty. Beautiful snippet. I loved the quotes. The title itself was enough to know that it was posted by you. As always, i loved reading it.

iyerviji likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad you also think the same and you liked the post, thans. Yes dear though I am old by age I am young at heart. Dont worry dear soon your wishes will be fulfilled, my best wishes for that . Try , try till you succeed

Caide likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad you liked my post, thanks foryour feedback

vaidehi71 likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know my post brings you memories of that grandpa and to know he did PHD post retirement.All the best to you to become CA. Ya dear I have given to my maid's daughter and other people. Gifted to all the children inour family earlier when I have made. Now also will give whenever I meet them. Recently also gave to a friend who is pregnant. Thanks for your compliments dear, its all God and elder's blessings