1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Rajeni Engamma pone.How are you?suddenly you abscond and i am tensed Rajeni.All well ma.
    Regarding story very fine and lively narration

Rajeni likes this.
  2. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

lovely episode rajeni ..waiting for more ..hope kishore has good intentions...want to know what happened ...when and why the engagement broke etc

Rajeni likes this.
  3. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful episode R. Now it makes sense why nethra hesitated to accept the car lift from.abhi. please update fast

Rajeni likes this.
  4. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Lol.. Yeah, No Abhi till Flashback is over ;) You will get to know in a couple of episodes. Thank you dear CM!

5. Rajeni

No tension Maaa... was a lil busy at work.. lil ila rombave! everyday I had to work around 12 hours for the past few weeks.. hectic schedule :( Adhan abscond.. Otherwise I am good maa!
    Thank you so much for your encouraging FB abt the story!!

6. Rajeni

Thank you so much Rampuri for this lovely FB. Answers in couple of episodes !!

7. Rajeni

Thank you so much dear SB! Yup, you got it! Glad that you connected that. Sure, will definitely try to update sooner.

stayblessed likes this.
  8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

OMG Kishore and Nethra, Arjun and Nethra, Abhinay and Nethra ... :BangHead:

Rajeni and Rampuri9 like this.
  9. Rajeni

Previous Chapters:
    Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6 - Part 7 - Part 8 - Part 9 - Part 10 - Part 11 - Part 12 - Part 13 - Part 14 - Part 15 - Part 16-Part 17 - Part 18 - Part 19 - Part 20 - Part 21 - Part 22 - Part 23 - Part 24 - Part 25 - Part 26 - Part 27 - Part 28 - Part 29 - Part 30 - Part 31 -Part 32 - Part 33 - Part 34 - Part 35 - Part 36 - Part 37 - Part 38 - Part 39 - Part 40 - Part 41 - Part 42 - Part 43

Chapter 44:

Nethra took her handbag and came out of her room. As she came down the stairs Nithyavasan who was sitting in the living room looked at her enthusiastically.

“Neethu ma! Come! Let’s have breakfast”

“I am not hungry daddy! I am leaving to office”, Nethra said.

Vasan started to say something but stopped himself and said, “Eat something in office atleast. Don’t skip breakfast da”

“Ok daddy.. Bye.. Maaaa… bye”, she said aloud as she walked past the living room to the door.

“Your lunch box Neethu ma”, called Vasan, who came from the dining fetching her lunch box.

“Oh! I forgot.. thanks daddy”, she said and left the house.

As she disappeared out of the door, Nirmala came rushing from upstairs.

“Did she leave already?” she asked.

“Yes! Just now”

“She didn’t even tell me Vasu!” Nirmala sounded upset.

“She did! Just that she didn’t notice that you are not in the Kitchen”

“But she never does like that! And, You know that”

“Of course I do! Did you notice her recently”, Vasan asked his wife.

“I was about to ask that to you! She was not normal this past one week”, Nirmala said, “She always looks lost in thoughts or confused”, she added.

“Hmm.. I am wondering what it is”, Vasan said thoughtful.

“I am worried Vasu! Why don’t you ask her?”

“I think we should wait for her to tell us”, again Vasan sounded thoughtful and Nirmala thought he had something going on in his head.

“Vasu! What’s in your mind? Why should we wait? What if she is in some problem?” Nirmala asked anxiously.

“Come on Nimmy! Why should it be a problem? It might be good news as well”, he said meaningfully.

“Good news? What Good...”, She stopped mid-sentence. She suddenly understood what her husband was implying.

“Cha cha.. No way Vasu! Nethra will not do like that”, she replied defensively.

“Why shouldn’t she?” Vasan asked surprised.

“What do you mean?”

“Nimmy! Is Nethra not old enough to take her own decisions? She is not a teenager. Did we not give her enough freedom to make her own choices all through her life? Then what made you think she will not do like ‘that’?” he stressed on the last word and looked at his wife.

Nirmala remained silent not knowing what to answer but still she could not accept that her daughter might have a boy friend. "I dont know" she said frowning.

"Are you upset?"

She did not reply but her face gave her away.

"Nimmy.. Do you think Nethra should not get into a realtionship herself? Is choosing a life partner for herself wrong? All the other freedom that we gave her would mean nothing if we did not give her the right to choose her life! Children should not be taught that choosing their life partner is a disrespect to their parents. It is not! I have not taught my daughter like that. We have not brought her up like that. What happened to you now?" he asked.

"May be I am still old fashioned Vasu. I could not come out of certain ideologies that had been taught to me.. that I had grown up with" she said.

Vasan became a little worried. What if that create a rift in their beautiful family. Whose side would he take? A million thoughts flashed across and Nirmala smiled seeing his face.

She continued, "But Vasu, When think about my daughter.. I dont think I will object to anything that would make her happy.. make her life happy"

"That's my wife", Vasan grinned patting on her back.

“But wait! You were the one who would say that she is still a child whenever I spoke about her marriage. Now you are giving me this gyaan. Suddenly where did all the wisdom come from?” she kidded.

Vasan laughed aloud and said, “She would always be a child to me. But I am not completely oblivious to her age. I just thought we can wait a couple of more years, so that she could get exposed to the outside world. But that doesn’t matter. After all, her happiness and well being are the ones that matter.”

Nethra woke up and sleepily took her mobile to check the time. Her home screen displayed that it was 9 AM. Her eyes grew wide in shock as she hastily sat up. “Oh my God! Office!” she thought and then as she became more awake she realized that it was a Saturday. “Ufff!” she relaxed and fell on her bed again.

‘Even though it’s a weekend, it’s strange that Mom didn’t wake me up till now’ she thought. She thought about the previous night. She didn’t sleep well. She realized that she hadn’t slept peacefully in the past one week. It has been exactly a week since Kishore proposed her. It was on the previous Friday. She was embarrassed to go to office the following Monday, but she knew she can’t run away from facing him. ‘So the earlier the better’ she thought then and went to office. Kishore greeted her as usual and did not talk or hint about the Friday evening. He behaved normally in front of others but also gave her a little extra space. She felt relieved. During coffee break, he did call her, but when she politely declined citing work, he did not insist. He neither went along with the men. He had his coffees brought to his desk. Nethra felt almost grateful to him. More importantly he didn’t carry a long or sorrow face reminding her that he was waiting. Nethra liked that sensible behavior of his.

She slowly got up from her bed and after her morning rituals, she headed down. Both her parents were in the living room. While Nirmala was sitting on the sofa, Vasan was on the ground before her applying ointment on her ankle.

“What happened ma.. leg pain again?” Nethra asked concerned.

“Just the ankle Paapu.. I slipped a little in the washroom today and its paining since then”, her Mom explained.

“Did you sprain your ankles? Daddy is there any swelling?” asking she reached them and kneeling near her dad, inspected her Mom’s leg.

“No swellings”, she confirmed and added, “should be muscular sprain. If it doesn’t heal with the ointment, let’s see the doctor” ,she said and both Nirmala and her husband looked at each and smiled.

“Let me get you your coffee”, Nirmala tried to get up.

“No no! I will make for myself.. you please sit down”, Nethra got up from the floor and as she walked towards the kitchen asked, “Daddy! Second round? Neethu’s coffee?”

“Of course! Bring some for this old lady too! Poor her!” he said towards the Kitchen and Nirmala rolled her eyes.

In a while Nethra came back with three coffee cups and the family enjoyed the coffee while casual conversation on random topics flowed. Nethra’s concentration swayed in between the present and past. One moment she was with her parents and the other she was in her own confused world. Though both her parents noticed that, they neither asked about it nor showed that they noticed. They continued to talk and pull her into their talks.

Amidst her thoughts, when Nethra realized that her parents had no idea of what was happening around or within her, she almost felt guilty. She went thoughtful for a moment and asked, “Daddy.. do you have any plans for the evening?”

“Nothing in particular Paapu! Why?”

“Shall we go to the beach?”

Vasan’s face brightened as if he was waiting for the moment. “Me and you?” he asked looking into her eyes.

“Yes”

“Thought so!” he said meaningfully.

(Contd.)

Bhoonzee, kkrish, Adharv and 4 others like this.
  10. Rajeni

Lol.. I literally laughed aloud reading your comment dear PS! Thank you!