1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Sachini

Sachini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rajeni, eagerly waiting for next update

Rajeni likes this.
  2. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

3. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

@Rajeni

Started reading your episodes today morning..just finished the latest one..

Kept going back to my mobile to read it while working and travelling.

Love the way you have narrated.. specially the songs...fitting to the scene...:thumbup::cheer:️️

Hope Netra stops trusting Arjun...and whats the reason her father trusts Arjun so much....??

Rajeni likes this.
  4. creativemumma

5. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Previous Chapters:
    Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6 - Part 7 - Part 8 - Part 9 - Part 10 - Part 11 - Part 12 - Part 13 - Part 14 - Part 15 - Part 16-Part 17 - Part 18 - Part 19 - Part 20 - Part 21 - Part 22 - Part 23 - Part 24 - Part 25 - Part 26 - Part 27 - Part 28 - Part 29 - Part 30 - Part 31 -Part 32 - Part 33 - Part 34 - Part 35 - Part 36 - Part 37 - Part 38 - Part 39 - Part 40 - Part 41 - Part 42

Chapter 43:

Nethra was lying on the cushioned wooden swing in her living room. Her eyes were closed while her hands still held a half opened copy of the ‘Pride and Prejudice’, the other end if which was deliberately resting on her chin and might fall down any moment.

She suddenly woke up sensing some movement and as she tried to get up she found that her swing was much higher from its original position. “Aaaahhh” she shouted impulsively and added, “Dei dhadiya (fat man)! Leave me! Now!”

Arjun who was holding the swing on his palms almost at his chest level, laughed and asked, “Shall I leave it?”

“No!” she screamed and said, “lower it slowly idiot!”

Nirmala came with a coffee cup smiling and placed the coffee on the center table. “Arjun, drink the coffee before it gets cold” she warned and turned to go.

“Amma! Ask him to leave me”

“Then say ‘Please’” he said.

“Poda! (Get lost)”

“My hands are paining.. am gonna drop it”

“Aiyo no! please please..”, she screamed and Arjun lowered the swing laughing.

The moment she set her foot on the ground she threw a cushion straight on his face and they both ran around the swing fighting.

Nirmala shook her head seeing the drama but the smile on her face said how much she enjoyed this usual drama of theirs.

“Arjun Coffee!” She reminded again and went back to the Kitchen.

Arjun sat on the sofa and took his coffee cup. Nethra kicked his leg and sat near him breathing heavily.

After finishing his coffee, Arjun took out an envelope from his shirt and gave it to her.

Nethra took out the letter from the envelope and as her eyes went through the lines, she exclaimed, “Wow! Aju! Your Service Allocation letter!”

Arjun smiled on how Nethra’s face lit up. “So what next?” she asked.

“Foundation course in Mussoorie for three months!” he said.

“When is it starting?”

“Next month!”

“Oh!”

“Then IPS training in Hyderabad for 10 months ..that will start in December”

“Oh! Super”, she said but he could see the effort she was making to look happy.

“Congrats! Kanna!” Nirmala who heard the convo from the dining room said. She also peeped out and looked at her daughter’s face and threw a knowing smile at Arjun and continued her work.

Arjun threw his arm over Nethra’s shoulder and said, “Neethu! Just 3 months! Then I will have a few weeks before the other training. I will come!”

“Hmm! Of course! I am just being stupid, ain’t I?” she told more to herself.

“Of course you are”, he said and she kicked him hard on his legs.

That night Nethra lied on her bed lost in thoughts. Her thoughts were first about Arjun’s training and the fact that he would away for almost 2 years for various trainings. She was worried where he will be posted after that. Then it shifted to Kishore. After the talk with Ramya, she could sense that there might be some truth in what she said. Kishore did shower extra attention on her. But that may also just be friendship; after all, did Arjun not always shower all his attention on her. “Cha!” she said immediately as the thought occurred. “How could I compare him with Aju!” As she thought about Arjun again she thought of talking about Kishore to Arjun. She picked up her cell and dialed his number.

Their conversation started as usual and though she tried to start about Kishore multiple times, something in her stopped her from talking about it. She ended the call confused.

She felt weird. That was the first time she ever hesitated to talk about something to Arjun. “Am I scared?” she asked herself and slept off amidst her confused thoughts.

Nethra stood before her opened wardrobe and looked at the row of silk sarees that hung in wooden hangers.

“Maaa! Come here…! Nimmieeeeeeeeeee!”

“Why are you shouting now?” Nirmala asked as she walked into her daughter’s room.

“Which saree should I wear today?”

“Are you wearing a saree today?”

“I told you na! Ethinic day in Office”

“Just office right? Choose anyone! Why are you calling me?”

“Maaaa.. This is the first time am wearing saree to office. Don’t you want your daughter to look pretty?” she grinned.

After a few minutes both of them narrowed down to a soft silk of golden yellow and mustard color with a tinge of pink shade. It had a small ribbon border and the pallu was designed with a single big mango motif in zari.

Nethra kept the saree on her shoulder and looked at the full size mirror on her dressing table. The thought of Kishore and his little appreciations on her dresses flashed in her mind. She smiled to herself and the next moment her brows knitted in confusion.

Nethra walked into the office wearing her saree pallu in a single fleet, flaunting the big golden mango motif. Her ruby necklace and earrings matched the pink shade in her saree and complemented her complexion. Ruby studded single bangle in one hand and a golden watch in another completed her look.

As she neared her desk, Kishore who got up from his desk to go somewhere stopped on his tracks seeing her. He stared at her as if he was seeing her for the first time and as if someone had stuck his eyes on her that he couldn’t turn away. Nethra blushed a little at the admiration that was stuck all over his face.

“Hello Sir! Good Morning”, she said and he walked towards her.

She then noticed his dress. He was wearing a plain maroon and purple shaded shirt with a cotton dhoti. “It suits him” she thought.

The whole day went in party mode. They all went for lunch outside and the evening was spent in group photo sessions. She could see that Kishore had all his attention on her. He didn’t even try to hide his intentions. She even doubted that some or many of their teammates might have smelled something.

As the day came to an end, he came to her. “When are you leaving Nethra?”

“I have booked the 7:30 cab.”

“Oh! All are leaving early.. why are you staying till 7:30? Do you have work?” he asked.

“Nope! I actually in all the galas forgot to reschedule my cab”

“Oh! Then come I will drop you”

“That’s fine! I will take the cab”

“What happened? Why are you hesitating?” he asked then added laughing, “should I give the assurances I gave the first time you came with me?”

“Haha.. may be its time to renew you vows”, she laughed and picked up her bag, “Ok, come lets go”

They did not talk much in the journey and as they entered her street instead of going to her house, he stopped the car and turned to towards her.

She looked at him confused on why he stopped there.

“What happened?” she asked.

“I need to tell you something Nethra!”

She just stared at him not moving. She could see what was coming.

He hesitated a few minutes searching for words. He laughed nervously and said, “I had so many things to tell you, dreamt of this moment a million times, yet I am at a loss of words..”, then he quickly took in a sharp breath and said, “I love you Nethra! From the moment we met near the elevator! ….. I just adore everything about you!”

A thin film of perspiration broke on her forehead as she sat there embarrassed.

“I am sorry If I have spoiled you mood”, he said as he started the car and drove towards her house.

All the while she sat like a statue. As the car stopped at her door, she mumbled a thanks and opened the door to get down.

“Nethra!” he called and she turned.

“You look so gorgeous today. I have never seen anything more beautiful than you are today! Good Night! Sleep well!”

(Contd.)

Adharv, Arunarc, VinuthaS and 4 others like this.
  6. Rajeni

You really made my day, SB! Your love for my writing is beyond my comprehension! Thank you so much

stayblessed likes this.
  7. Rajeni

Lol! Yeah.. more about Kishore in the coming episodes. Posted the next one!

8. Rajeni

Sorry for making you wait dear CM and Sachini! posted the next now!

9. Rajeni

Welcome dear rupz! Many thanks for reading and leaving your FB! You will get your answers in a couple of episodes. Keep reading and let me know how you are liking it. Posted the next!

10. creativemumma

Nethra is so lively..Love her..Bit disappointed since there's no mention of Abhi...But thats fine..would like to know entire story of Nethra and Kishore..what happened

Rajeni and Daddysgirl like this.