1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Rajeni Dear

Hope you are doing good. Eagerly waiting for next update.

Rajeni likes this.
  2. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Eagerly waiting for your update:icon_pc::icon_pc::icon_pc::icon_pc:

Rajeni likes this.
  3. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

waiting rajeni ..pls try to update .. we want to know what is happening with nethra:)

Rajeni likes this.
  4. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Dear CM, I really apologize for making you all wait, but , I am facing a bad writer's block which I am trying for so many weeks to overcome and adding to that is hectic work schedule. But, would definitely post by the weekend.

creativemumma likes this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Rajeni Rajeni for the past one week i was thinking about you to know how things are at your end.Thought of sending pm too but i want to read your story first and then send PM.Today evening at 4.30 started reading and finished at 10.30.in the middle attended phone calls ,finished dinner .You started with Romance and now it goes like a thriller.Always make the readers to sit on the edge and your story flow is simply superp.i enjoyed reading all the episodes.and waiting for the next update.Gd night Rajeni

Rajeni likes this.
  6. Rajeni

Amma.. you just surprised me by this feedback! Thank you so much for reading at a stretch and for this wonderful FB. At the end of a tiresome day, your comment and care made my day! Thank you!

7. Rajeni

Previous Chapters:

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6 - Part 7 - Part 8 - Part 9 - Part 10 - Part 11 - Part 12 - Part 13 - Part 14 - Part 15 - Part 16 -Part 17 - Part 18 - Part 19 - Part 20 - Part 21 - Part 22 - Part 23 - Part 24 - Part 25 - Part 26 - Part 27 - Part 28 - Part 29 - Part 30 - Part 31 -Part 32 - Part 33 - Part 34 - Part 35 - Part 36 - Part 37 - Part 38 - Part 39

Chapter 40:

Abhinay’s brows rose in surprise seeing the person near the door and a welcoming smile broke on his lips which was immediately replaced with concern and confusion. “Uncle..” he uttered in a surprised tone.

“Sorry Abhinay that I didn’t come earlier to see you!” said the man as he walked towards Abhi and held his good arm.

“Uh! That’s fine Uncle, I am really surprised to see you. It’s really kind that you chose to visit me when your situation is worse”, he said and turning to the confused Arundati and Mithun said, “This is Nethra’s father, Mr.Nithyavsan”

Arundati jumped down from the bed and joined her hands into a ‘Namaste’, as she spoke, “Oh! Hello Uncle! Please sit down” she showed the chair that was occupied by Guru a while earlier and continued, “How is Aunty?”

“She is ok now. It’s her health which delayed my visit here”

“Oh!” said Abhinay and the sound of the ‘oh’ indicated that he understood what made Nethra’s mom fall sick.

Understanding that Vasan continued, “Yes, she didn’t take the news well. Her blood pressure raised to alarming levels, but fortunately, since I was with her, it didn’t end up in anything serious like stroke, but she became very weak”

“I am sorry”, murmured Abhinay, not knowing what else to say.

“Don’t be! What was your fault Abhinay!” asked Vasan, understanding Abhinay’s remorse

“Everything is his fault – that is how he is going to think atleast until he sees a healthy Nethra with his own eyes” Arundati blurted out and was immediately shocked with her own words. Recently, she was so used to talking about Abhinay’s love for Nethra that she forgot that the other person is Nethra’s father, who probably was not aware of any such intentions.

Both Abhinay and Mithun too froze at the comment. Abhinay slowly looked at Vasan from the corner of his eyes to see the impact the statement had made on him, but to everyone’s surprise, Vasan slowly chuckled and looking at Arundati asked, “Isn’t it natural ma?” The trio is again surprised at this comment and all three wondered on ‘how much he knew?’

‘This man is surprising us with his every word from the moment he stepped in’ thought Arundati and that reminded her of the comment he made when he entered. Without any pretense or delay she asked, “Uncle! You said something when you stepped in. What was that about?”

“You are indeed sharp Arundati! No wonder everyone likes you.. I mean, my Neethu was really very fond of you.. I have heard only good things about you from her”, he said, his tone tipping down to a sad note at the end. It was evident that he was reminded of his daughter and the danger that still hung around her.

“I am very fond of her to”, said Arundati a thin film of tears forming in her eyes, “..like my own sister” A heavy silence fell on them and each sat lost in their own thoughts. Arundati was the first to shake herself out of it and asked, “So, tell us uncle.. what was that you said when you came in?”

Vasan too without much pretense asked directly, “weren’t you three talking about Arjun before I entered?”

“Yes!” answered Abhinay and noticing the surprise in his tone Vasan explained, “I know.. I was not planning to eavesdrop, if that’s what is shocking to you”, he threw a knowing glance at Abinay and continued, “but I did hear that you were talking about someone and Arjun. You were saying that you did not trust the other person but trusted Arjun, I did not know who the other person is or what conversation happened before that, but I waited for you to complete your statement about Arjun”

“And, you think I am wrong?” it’s more a statement than a question.

“Yes, I believe you have misunderstood” confirmed Vasan his tone ringing with confidence.

Abhinay looked at Vasan and something new dawned on him and he asked, “So, he has kept you informed where Nethra is?”

“Not exactly, but I do know that she is safe.. safe under his protection”, Vasan said in the same unwavering tone.

Abhinay looked disturbed. He could see the kind of trust Vasan had on Arjun, but he didn’t know whether to break that or to let him stay in the dark. That way at least he will not worry about Nethra.

While Abhinay was thinking, Mithun, who did not have any such concerns asked, “Uncle! How come you trust him so blindly? Is that because he has kept you informed about your daughter? What reason did he give you for hiding her? Especially from us - from Abhi?” Mithun ignored the mild shock that broke on Abhi’s face. He purposefully asked a direct question. He believed it was time to talk things openly. He was even prepared to tell Abhi’s love if needed.

Vasan as usual surprised them again with his answer, “He didn’t give any reasons, except that it is better for Nethra”

Mithun felt like hitting his own forehead hard, Arundati looked at Vasan like she was seeing a new species and Abhinay became extremely thoughtful.

After a heavy pause, Abhinay let out a sigh and spoke, “Uncle, I can understand that you would have your own reasons to trust Arjun. Like I said, even in my short acquaintance with him, I did trust him a lot, but the information we have got recently is all against him” he said and continued to explain all that had happened, including the information they got from Guru, his meeting with Anita, who Anita is - to an extent and the audio recording that Arundati brought.

Vasan listened carefully without interrupting. His brows knitted in serious concentration as Abhinay and Mithun filled him in with all the information they had.

Vasan leaned back in his chair and let out a long sigh. “Hmm… so this is how it’s talked about! That Arjun was the reason behind the stopped wedding” he said and laughed dryly. “You must know better than to believe in these gossips” he added.

“I wouldn’t have! - If all the other things are not stacked against him. If he didn’t join hands with Anita” said Abhinay earnestly.

“Hmm.. May be from a third person perspective, it would all seem like Aju had betrayed us, but I know him better than that” he said, “Doubting him is like doubting my own son” his tone rang with finality.

Vasan sat lost in thoughts for a moment while the trio waited for him to say something more, an explanation! He then having made his decision cleared his throat and spoke, “I was trying to avoid this explanation not because I don’t want you to know it, but because it’s my daughter’s life and her past and I thought it would be more appropriate to leave it to her choice to talk about it or not. At the same time, since it has come up already that too as an incorrect gossip, I believe I need to clarify things"

(Contd.)

8. Rajeni

Thank Aarthi for the quick feedback, but I did make you wait long. Sorry about that. Posted the next, hope you like it!

9. Rajeni

Thank you so much Kkrish! I am really glad to know about your high opinion on Fiction writing! Continue reading and let me know your feedback!

kkrish likes this.
  10. Rajeni

Thank you dear Kamala! and apologies for the delay, posted the next!