1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Please update..cant wait for long

Rajeni likes this.
  2. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Sorry for making you wait dear CM! Will post by tonight or max tomorrow. (Writing in progress :p)

creativemumma likes this.
  3. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

@Rajeni
    How did i miss this lovely story.... awaiting other chapters....

Rajeni likes this.
  4. Rajeni

Hey @nandinimithun Aww! have you already read all the prev episodes?! Glad that you read it and found it lovely :) Will post soon!

nandinimithun likes this.
  5. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Rajeni
    I started with the last chapter first and then started reading all the chapters....
    I just finished reading all the chapters....
    A big hug to you dearie, for writing such a beautiful story with an amazing narration and lovely way of describing the characters, emotions and the situations....
    Good going and lovely continuity....

Rajeni and Chocolatey like this.
  6. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

7. minap

minap New IL'ite

when is the next update...... you have an amazing talent. keep it up!!!!

Rajeni likes this.
  8. Rajeni

Previous Episodes:
    Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6 - Part 7 - Part 8 - Part 9 - Part 10 - Part 11 - Part 12 - Part 13 - Part 14 - Part 15 - Part 16 - Part 17 - Part 18 - Part 19 - Part 20 - Part 21 - Part 22 - Part 23 - Part 24 - Part 25 - Part 26 - Part 27 - Part 28 - Part 29 - Part 30 - Part 31 - Part 32 - Part 33 - Part 34 - Part 35 - Part 36

Part 37:

She dreamt again, but the moment she saw where she was, she knew that she was dreaming. She did not make any effort to wake up. She was only too eager to visit that dream of hers, her favourite dream! The desert looked familiar, the feel of her legs digging into the sand while she walked felt familiar too. A part of her mind registered that she could walk with ease compared to the last time she was there. It also vaguely noted that there was nothing that’s pulling her back. She realized that its absence enabled her to walk freely around the desert and the freedom gave her a sudden surge of pleasure. She walked, her eyes searching along the horizon. She knew what she was searching or whom she was searching for. Her prince mounted on his magnificent black horse. She remembered his perfect chest clad in the shining armour, his strong tanned arm resting readily on his sword and another arm extended, inviting! As she remembered him from her past dream, she grew impatient, yearning to meet him again, to look at his face, for she now knew how that face would look, it only added to her impatience. She wanted to meet him! The thought made her break into running, her eyes still searching. She knew that she was running aimlessly in the dessert but she couldn’t help it. She was so desperate to be near him, to escape the reality, to get lost is his arms. As she ran, her desperation and longing grew unbearable, breaching the threshold of her dream.

Nethra woke up with a jolt. She noticed that she had been sweating in spite of the mild air conditioning in the room. The disappointment from her dream refused to fade away. ‘Why did I not see him? What does this dream mean?’ her mind pondered and continued to draw painful implications. A mild sound brought her back to reality. It was the sound of a key. Someone was unlocking the door. She then quickly noticed that the huge man guarding her was not in the room. ‘Maybe he was the one returning’ she assumed. As she thought, the man came in talking on his phone. As he turned, phone in one hand and another hand extended to lock the door back, in that split second, Nethra sprang from her bed, grabbing the chair in one hand, swung it with both her hands and all her might, hitting his head and shoulder.

The man with his concentration distracted by the call and not expecting such an attack, staggered and fell back, his mobile phone slipping from his hand. Without hesitating or turning to look at him, Nethra circled around him and rushed towards the open door.

At the exact moment she set a foot out, her hand still on the door frame, a familiar voice boomed impatiently from the mobile that had just slipped from the man’s hand, “Hello! Joe! Joe, whats happening there?”

The mobile should have gone into loud speaker mode accidently when he dropped it. Nethra froze at the door hearing the voice. The voice continued to yell ‘hello’s, not hearing a response from the man. Nethra turned slowly not believing her ears. She looked at the man, who was then sitting up, blood oozing from a small cut at one of his forehead. The chair’s leg had hit him pretty hard on the head. Still in shock, her eyes switching to the mobile on the floor, she went near it, knelling down, took the phone in her trembling hands and spoke, “Aju!”

Arundati stood there at the super market entrance chewing on her lower lip, lost in thoughts. A car honked a couple of times close enough to gain her attention. It was her driver Vis signaling her to board the car. She quickly looked again at the coffee shop table and back at Vis. Deciding her next move, she walked to her car but instead of boarding it, she signaled Vis to get down. As he got down, she gave him her mobile phone, said something in a low voice signaling towards the coffee shop and getting into the driver seat, she drove away.

Vis hesitated a moment looking at the back of the moving car, then he quickly crossed the road and got into the coffee shop.

Arundati parked her car a few hundred meters away from the coffee shop, waiting. She drummed her fingers impatiently on the steering wheel, her eyes frequently checking the rear view mirror. After fifteen minutes, which felt like forever to her, her eyes caught Vis in the rear view mirror. He was walking towards the car, wiping his forehead with a hand kerchief. She stepped out from the driver seat and got into the back seat. Vis quickly got into the driver seat and taking a slow breath, grinned at her. “Done Mam!” he said handing her mobile back to her, clearly satisfied with his own achievement and thrilled by the experience.

“You are awesome, Vis! Drive straight to the hospital now”, she said.

When Arundati entered the hospital room, Abhinay was in bed surrounded by a doctor and a couple of nurses

“Its been been two and a half weeks doctor! Am still not able to move”, Abhinay complained.

“But I think you are already in the move”, the chief consultant said indicating the wheelchair.

“I did not mean that”, Abhinay said in a low voice, realizing that the complaining is not doing him any good.

“Cheer up, Abhinay! You are healing exceptionally well. Its been just two weeks and your hand is already set very well. You leg has suffered multiple fractures but that’s healing too! Within another week you hand should be ready to use a walker”, he said and Abhinay nodded trying to smile.

The doctor made some notes in the case file and with a nod walked out followed by the nurses.

“What happened to you?” Mithun asked his wife as the doctor walked out. “You look funny!” he added.

She glared at him and clearly not in the mood to give back; she went and sat at the foot of Abhinay’s bed.

“Where is amma?” sheasked.

“I have already sent her home”, Mithun said.

“Good! I have something to talk about”, she started and said, “wait.. before that see this pic”

She took out her mobile and swiftly navigated to photos and showed a pic to Mithun. “Do you know him?” he asked.

“What the hell!” Mithun said in a voice that’s almost a whisper.

Abhinay’s arm extended for the phone and Mithun handed the phone to him. Abhinay’s eyes grew wide in shock and disbelief. “Where did you get this?” he asked.

“In one of the starbuck’s café today, but you guys didn’t answer me. Who is he? Why are you guys so shocked?” she asked.

“Arjun!” Abhinay said.

“What?” Its was Arundati’s turn to be shocked. “You mean Nethra’s friend Arjun? The ACP?”

Neither of them answered her. They seemed lost in their own thoughts - the picture of Arjun and Anita in the café together stuck in their minds.

Mithun spoke, “How did he know Anita? What were they doing together?”

“We might get answers to that in the audio recording. Or might not!” Arundati said, her fingers brushing her mobile screen.

“Audio? You recorded their convo?” Mithun asked in disbelief.

“Let me explain from the beginning! So, I saw Anita with a man in the coffee shop. First, I was just wondering whether she moved on already, as she didn’t seem so a couple of weeks ago, but then as I watched they didn’t look like a couple and I found her frequently checking around whether someone was watching. Even the man, though not very obvious, looked very cautious about his surroundings. Some instinct told that we need to know what they are there for, but Anita know me. So, when Vis came with the car I gave him the mobile and asked to sit close to their table and record everything that’s possible. I also asked him for a picture. That’s what you saw now” she finished.

“Wow! Very smart of you Aru” Mithun exclaimed.

“She aways is!” Abhinay said, smile touching his lips, “play the audio Achu” he added, as a mild shiver of anticipation broke though his frame.

Her index finger gently touched the screen and after a few seconds of mixed noises, a recognizable voice spoke!

(Contd.)

sunithabibin, Arunarc, Adharv and 3 others like this.
  9. Rajeni

Thank you for your appreciation and feedback @minap ! Keep reading!

10. Rajeni

Haha! Sorry dear CM! Again caught up with hellish work and personal schedule!