1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for letting us know. I really appreciate your update.
    Take Care and get back to us (whenever you can) with a solid episode .. ::ciao:

PS

aswathyk and Rajeni like this.
  2. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Though we are like :yikes::yikes::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2: it is good that you did let us know instead of keep us waiting eternally:blush:

Rajeni likes this.
  3. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Abhi is such a charm!!:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes: Intha maadhiri pasangga innum irukaangala?? :crybaby2:

The excitement in Nethra @ Paapu's eyes when she opened the door the first time followed by the disappointment upon knowing that it was none other than the water can guy...and with Abhi watching all these reactions while being hidden away from Nethra...appapa! Oru Maniratnam romance paartha maadhiri irukku!:relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

Rajeni likes this.
  4. geetashree

geetashree New IL'ite

Hey.. nice story but have been waiting for the next episode...

Rajeni likes this.
  5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

could complete all the episodes today, awesome read.

Rajeni likes this.
  6. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

7. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Please post soon:icon_writing:

Rajeni likes this.
  8. Sachini

Sachini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Rajeni plz post next episode..

Rajeni likes this.
  9. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

YMH 30:

Abhinay’s car sped steadily at 120KMPH and his brows were knotted together lost in some thought.

“What are you thinking?” a sleepy voice came from his side.
    “Are you not sleeping?” he asked.
    “On and off!” she said and asked again, “what were you thinking? You looked so serious..”
    “Some random thoughts, mostly about business” he lied, but he was thinking about his conversation with Arjun.
    Then he suddenly said,
    “Your father is an awesome person..”
    “mmhmm..”
    she fully looked into his face wondering why he said that suddenly.

Abhinay thought about how Vasan gave his consent for him to drop Nethra.

“Nirmala hurry up, give them dinner.. If they are going by car, it’s better for them to start early”, he had said casually, indirectly agreeing to Abhinay’s proposal. Making it easier for everyone. Abhinay smiled at the thought.
    “Again what ? What made you smile now?” she asked, herself smiling along.
    “Nothing..” he said still smiling and after a pause said, “he had reminded me of my father”.
    Though he stated that lightly, something in his tone affected her.
    “Am Sorry Abhi..” she said, her voice truly worried and added, “What happened to him?”
    Abhinay told her everything about his father’s health, surgery and the fatal internal hemorrhage and also the post emotional and financial crisis the family had to face.
    “I can see how difficult it would have been for you” she said.

“May be my father should have been more careful in the business, with the funds… atleast that’s what many said” he said. Did he say that to see her reaction to that? Or, was he afraid that she might think the same and said that before she could? He, himself did not know the reason but he regretted saying that the moment the words were out of his mouth.
    “Because people has to say.. say something or the other, that’s what they are for!” she said irritated and continued, “Maybe he has his own reasons for the lack of documents! Or Maybe he had and it was stolen?! May be he simply trusted his friend! Trusting is not a crime Abhinay! But, breaking that trust is! And, stabbing a friend from behind is!” she said. “It’s not your father who should be blamed!”, the depth of her voice and the look of her face conveyed that she was speaking from her heart.

His eyes were fixed on her face, his expression unfathomable and the car has slowed down considerably.

“What?” she paused and asked meeting his eyes.

“It.. Just.. Happy to know that you think that way.. Almost everyone around framed him as a loser. While we were already suffering from a huge blow, it was painful to hear those comments” he said, his voice strained with emotion.
    His pain made her despise all those unknown strangers who had hurt him.
    “You should have asked them to mind their own business.. What your father did for you or did not do for you is going to affect only you and your family and its purely your personal thing, no one has any right to comment on that..” she sighed and continued, “but I know.. no one cares about being right.. let alone the courtesy to spare the dead! You know why we shouldn’t talk about a person who is no more? Its not just respect, its being fair! Judging someone who doesn’t have a chance to defend himself is just unfair!” she said her every word soothing the wound hidden deep inside him.

“And you know what?” she added thoughtful after a pause, “all those happenings had made you succeed, didn’t they?” she asked looking at him. “It had taught you the best lessons you could ever learn; it had brought out the best entrepreneur in you, didn’t it? Your father must have lost in business, but he had succeeded in life by bringing up an able son, who could not only handle the hard times but who could climb up quicker than he fell down! You must thank your father for all that he taught you through his life and death!”

The car had stopped by then and he sat there half turned in his seat looking at her face. She could not fathom the expression on his face, and she could not continue to look at his face as he was staring at hers.

She quickly recollected what all she had said and wondered whether she had spoken too much.
    “What?” she asked softly growing a little uncomfortable.
    “Thanks..” he said looking deep into her eyes, “I can never fully express how I feel or how much this means to me.. Thank you!” he added. His voice had taken the velvet texture and her heart fluttered as usual in response to that tone of his. Somehow she felt that it was more than just an expression of gratitude. It was something similar to what he had confessed in his balcony. It was impossible to miss the emotions his eyes and voice conveyed. She smiled half embarrassed and quickly tried to divert her mind from him to prevent the color from rushing to her cheeks and her eyes caught something.

“Just thanks would not be enough”, she said playfully. “How about treating me with an ice-cream?” she said her eyes pointing to the shop few feet away from where they have parked.
    “Your wish my command” he said laughing and started the car again.
    As they got out of the car and walked towards the ice-cream shop, he hesitantly asked,
    “Are you sure? Its almost midnight.. you might fall sick”
    “Now, please stop being like my father, Abhi!”
    she pouted.
    “Ok ok.. what do you want” he asked laughing, as they walked inside the shop.
    “One cornetto!” she said, “Chocolate flavor..”
    “Two Cornettos.. Chocolate”
    he ordered.
    Getting the ice-cream, she walked out and stood near the car.

After paying for the ice-creams, Abhinay came out and found her leaning on the side of the car. She took a bite and looked up at the sky, her face elated like a child. He thought about the guarded and reserved Nethra and chuckling to himself walked towards the car. He went behind the car and with a little jump sat on the boot. She looked at him and smiled. In turn, he patted the space near him on the boot and invited her to sit there. She hesitated and slowly walked there. She looked at the height of the boot and the long skirt she was wearing. She was wearing a faint blue long flared skirt and pista-green cotton top.
    “Higher than I thought..” she said and simply leaned on it.

“Oh come on! You can..” he said and jumped down. “See rest your one leg there” he pointed the small space near the number plate, “and then a little jump,, you will be there” he explained. “You sound like a sports coach” she laughed but tried as he said while he held her ice-cream for her. Her fear got the better and she gave up the first time. He laughed and said, “Come on Nethra.. You are not that short”. She succeeded this time and with ice-creams in both his hands, he jumped and sat without the help of his hands.

“Show-off” she laughed as he gave her back her cone.
    “Little!” He agreed and joined in laughing.
    “You didn’t take a bite while I am trying, did you?” she asked looking at her ice-cream.
    “Nah!” he said and after a pause added, “just compared the tastes of both the ice-creams”, a burst of laughter again.

Eating her ice-cream, she looked up at the sky again and exclaimed,
    “See how many stars tonight!”
    He followed her eyes and said, “Yes.. but there is only one moon”, his eyes coming back to her face. She immediately understood what he meant but she did not look down. She played innocent and said, “yeah.. the crescent looks so beautiful!”

“It does!” he agreed smiling.
    Meanwhile, her ice-cream melted and started to run down her hand. She licked the side of her hand without a second thought and Abhinay chuckled. She glared at him, but continued to lick her hands whenever the ice-cream ran down.

While Abhinay was lost in the beauty of her child-like behavior, his ice-cream started to melt.

He became conscious as it reached the side of his palm and touched his pockets for his handkerchief. Unfortunately he did not have one and Nethra noticed this.
    “Abhi! By the time, you get the tissues from the car, it will spoil your shirt”, she warned. He jumped down and changed the ice-cream to his other hand and it got soiled too. “Lick Abhi! Lick!” she urged in a cheering tone.
    “Get me some water” he said laughing at her encouragement.

“No! Don’t waste the precious ice-cream.. Hmmm… Lick!” she urged and hesitantly he did! Not one but he had to lick both his hands and she laughed at the site.

“Yah!!! You have now learned to enjoy a cone ice-cream”, she declared and they finished the remaining cone licking their hands often and laughing at themselves.

He jumped down and as she was getting down, she tried supporting her leg in the space before the number plate and stepped on the hem of her skirt. The same exact moment, he reached her in a single long stride and caught her in his arms. Her feet did not touch the ground and her face was so close to his. She knew that he was fully carrying her but she was trapped in his gaze unable to think or move. After a few seconds which felt like both forever and a microsecond, he gently lowered her and released her, as she steadied herself.

Even in the dim-lit moonlight, the crimson color of her face challenged his self-control and tearing his eyes off her, he mumbled,
    “I will get some water” and rushed into the car.
    They washed their hands in silence and got into the car. As he started the car, the music played –

“Enna idhu enna idhu ennai kolvadhu ?
    Ennavendru ketpavarkku enna solvadhu ?
    Pudhidhaaga Yedho Nigazhgindradho ?
    Puriyaamal Nenjam Negizhgindradho ?
    Naadi Engum Odi Oru Kodi Minnal Kolamidudho ?”

(Contd.)

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  10. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Hey Sofea! Thank you for this lovely comment.
    Indha madhiri pasanga irukangalanu therila irundha nalla irukum avlo dhan :p
    Maniratnam romance? I am flattered!